"You must play this game!" Thread

VaderRISE said:
Leave Ultimate Spider-man on the shelf....not worth the 20 bucks it's at now.
I thought it was great! But I'm sure that's because I read Ultimate Spider-Man and tend to be a fanatic about all things Spider-Man.

The beginning of Indigo Prophecy. This game started out great but lost a lot steam as the game kept going

Thwip, you played Ico and didn't play Shadow?

Kipobe said:
Thwip, you played Ico and didn't play Shadow?

MY WIFE WATCHED ME PLAY THE DEMO, AND WASN'T INTERESTED. SHE FELT SORRY FOR THE COLOSSUS WHEN I KILLED IT, AND MISSED HAVING THE FEMALE COMPANION, LIKE IN 'ICO'. :o

Addendum said:
I also recommend System Shock.

System Shock 2 is one of the greatest games ever made. It's drop-dead scary, intriguing and has one of the most deepest and open-ended gameplay mechanics ever in a first person shooter this side of Deus Ex. Although Irrational Games are now making Bioshock as the "spiritual successor" to this fine series, I really would've killed to play System Shock 3 on a next-gen console. Would've been a gaming wetdream come true.

:O:up:

I'm still working on System Shock 2.

The first System Shock is still amazing, 12 years after it's release. Especially when you consider that FPS at the time focused more on the simplistic stye popularized by Doom and Doom2. And it supported 640x480 monitors before they became widespread.

A vast inventory, gameplay being similar to FPS RPGs at the time.

Actually, you could fight 9 enemies at once if you used the battle axe :up:

I PROUDLY own both games :up: :D

Gammy v.2 said:
Actually, you could fight 9 enemies at once if you used the battle axe :up:

I PROUDLY own both games :up: :D

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? :confused:

I was gonna say The Chronciles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, but THWIP* beat me to it. I thought that game was AMAZING and if you like the character of Riddick just the slightest, then i HIGHLY suggest picking it up.

Shadows of Destiny from Konami is good in my opinion though the main character does not throw a punch throughout the entire game

I loved Ico and Shadow of Colossus

Shenmue and Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast were great too

And finally: Tekken 5. Best 3D fighter ever, in my humble opinion

Psychonauts
Ratchet and Clank (the entire series is great)

Serious Sam the first encounter, but only the PC version. The console ports cut out a lot of stuff. Same with Max Payne, the PC version is better because it has no content cut.

The Star Wars EP.3 game for Xbox rox my sox. It is a really good sword fighting game. And you can play as Darth Vader in versus.

Star Wars: Empire at war. If only because you can use Darth Vader and the Emperor to go chop up rebel scum with their sabers. And the rebels can use Kyle Katarn and Han and Ben Kenobi. Plus you know the Death star can blow up any planet you want once you build it. :doom:

And Rome: Totalwar, and it's expansion barbarian invasion. See pics, and let them do the talking.
FunnyRebels2.jpg

Romano-British.jpg

Cunning.jpg

2silvertortises.jpg

Webepirates.jpg

1stFulminata.jpg

Eternal Darkness.

And should you still use your N64- Chameleon Twist. Biggest gaming surprise ever.

I remember Chameleon Twist. I rented it once. I hope it's downloadable on the Wii.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. It didn't sell as well as the original. I like it a lot better. I've clocked 25 hrs into it and still no where near finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"