"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Which is why hope it is relatively clear that Kurse is the most physically opposing being he has ever fought. I mean, movie Hulk is not WWH, or WB, or any Hulk like that. So Kurse should be noticeably more powerful/stronger than we've seen Hulk or Thor.

And when Surtur comes into play. I really hope at that point he is the be all end all of villains we have seen in the MCU. Even over Thanos witohut the IG. Though Surtur>>>Thanos, hopefully it stays like that.

It probably will, with whatever story the tell with Surtur.

seriously hahah
Only ones I've seen are on our front page. :doh:

Could someone answer this for me? Does anyone know if Thor has been shown within the comics to be a natural leader as well when it comes to matters of his own realms and dealing with the people under his charge? If so, I hope to see more of this side developed and shown in the upcoming sequel

Could someone answer this for me? Does anyone know if Thor has been shown within the comics to be a natural leader as well when it comes to matters of his own realms and dealing with the people under his charge? If so, I hope to see more of this side developed and shown in the upcoming sequel

Most definately, that's pretty much common sense though.

Yet the irony of all of this is that Thor's getting another solo film and is the only marvel hero to have been featured in three films back to back.lol

If anythseing, in regards to the Hulk, I think that Joss's intent was to just get the Hulk back on track with the GA and with fans, but I don't think that he's necessarily more popular than Thor.

There may have been a time 6-7 years ago when Hulk was clearly more popular than Thor but that is no longer the case.

Agree. Thor should be perceived as the Avengers trump card. Not Hulk.

There may have been a time 6-7 years ago when Hulk was clearly more popular than Thor but that is no longer the case.

Agree. Thor should be perceived as the Avengers trump card. Not Hulk.

Well the GA seems to think Hulk was the best part of The Avengers and he's the only one their raving about.

It seems like Hulk is still clearly alot more popular than Thor from everyone's reactions to the film.

Only ones I've seen are on our front page. :doh:

Well the GA seems to think Hulk was the best part of The Avengers and he's the only one their raving about.

It seems like Hulk is still clearly alot more popular than Thor from everyone's reactions to the film.

yeah seriously. Even though to me, based on what was seen in Thor, and even in the avengers, in terms of Levels of power I think Thor is on another level

yeah seriously. Even though to me, based on what was seen in Thor, and even in the avengers, in terms of Levels of power I think Thor is on another level

Of course Thor has more power than the Hulk. It's strength that the Hulk has more of.

If they portray Thor in the same way that the last season of EMH's did when it comes to how much he evens the playing field for his teammates, I think that would help. The episode where Thor comes back to help the group take on the Skrulls and where he returns to NYC to confront Galactus was just beyond epic imho and I loved on how everyone was aware on how powerful Thor is; heck it took nearly everything that Ultron had to subdue Thor when he was being ganged up by the robot versions of the Avengers.

He'd be more popular if Marvel stopped messing around and showed us what he's really capable of.

Dude we're always on the same page, because that's EXACTLY what I've been saying. :up:

If they portray Thor in the same way that the last season of EMH's did when it comes to how much he evens the playing field for his teammates, I think that would help. The episode where Thor comes back to help the group take on the Skrulls and where he returns to NYC to confront Galactus was just beyond epic imho and I loved on how everyone was aware on how powerful Thor is; heck it took nearly everything that Ultron had to subdue Thor when he was being ganged up by the robot versions of the Avengers.

Honestly I wish they've would've done that in TA, but I guess it's not too late they can always do it in TA2.

I would like for him to get a power boost in Thor 2 though, it's about time they show what Thor's really made of.

Last edited:
Count me as another that is tired of them holding out on Thors powers. Hoping to see mjolnir used to open portals since they are traveling to another realm(s).

At this point, I'm not surprised. :woot:

Oh yeah, why not?

Count me as another that is tired of them holding out on Thors powers. Hoping to see mjolnir used to open portals since they are traveling to another realm(s).

Yeah I mean I'm "okay" with how Thor's powers/abilties have been portrayed so far, but I'm definately not impressed.

I don't think it has anything to do with power. The GA liked Hulk so much because Ruffalo did an excellent performance, and because it was the first really good big screen portrayal of a character who is already known and popular with the GA.

I don't think it has anything to do with power. The GA liked Hulk so much because Ruffalo did an excellent performance, and because it was the first really good big screen portrayal of a character who is already known and popular with the GA.

I'm pretty sure no one in the GA said "woah Bruce Banner was awesome", everyone was too busy talking about Hulk kicking ass.

I'm pretty sure no one in the GA said "woah Bruce Banner was awesome", everyone was too busy talking about Hulk kicking ass.

Actually, several people in my circle, including myself, thought well of Ruffalo's performance. We certainly enjoyed the spectacles that were the fights, but also enjoyed character development parts of the movie.

I think the Hulk has a head start in popularity because he has been in several movies and TV shows at this point. And that's probably because his powers can be written to be easier on a special effects budget.

I also wonder if Hulk was more popular in the books from way back when. (I don't know for certain, I just suspect so). So, going back to before there were any superhero movies (which almost would have been even before the Hulk TV show), who was selling more books?

Having said all this, I'm sure people will love Thor when his second movie comes out. They certainly enjoyed the first movie!

So, will we be getting new costume designs for Thor's armor in this movie? Has anything leaked about what it might look like? I don't think they'd retain the Avengers costume would they?

Actually, several people in my circle, including myself, thought well of Ruffalo's performance. We certainly enjoyed the spectacles that were the fights, but also enjoyed character development parts of the movie.

I think the Hulk has a head start in popularity because he has been in several movies and TV shows at this point. And that's probably because his powers can be written to be easier on a special effects budget.

I also wonder if Hulk was more popular in the books from way back when. (I don't know for certain, I just suspect so). So, going back to before there were any superhero movies (which almost would have been even before the Hulk TV show), who was selling more books?

Having said all this, I'm sure people will love Thor when his second movie comes out. They certainly enjoyed the first movie!

Understood that but people in "your circle" and the GA as a whole are entirely two different things.

I'm speaking from Twitter reactions, news articles, and everyone's conversations all three times I went to see TA.

So, will we be getting new costume designs for Thor's armor in this movie? Has anything leaked about what it might look like? I don't think they'd retain the Avengers costume would they?

I want him to wear a costume that's very similar to his sleeveless costume with the cape from the IM fight in TA.

Imo it accentuates Hemsworth's muscles and makes Thor look alot more invulnerable since he doesn't need to wear armor.

Last edited:

Jaimie Alexander had tweeted at the end of July that her costume got a reboot. So, maybe Hemsworth's has too.

Understood that but people in "your circle" and the GA as a whole are entirely two different things.

I'm speaking from Twitter reactions, news articles, and everyone's conversations all three times I went to see TA.

I want him to wear a costume that's very similar to his sleeveless costume with the cape from the IM fight in TA.

Imo it accentuates Hemsworth's muscles and makes Thor look alot more invulnerable since he doesn't need to wear armor.

Strictly speaking, you probably don't know who my personal friends are, at least not all of them :yay:. But your point is well taken; for the most part, in fact they are more in tune with the Marvel universe than me. The only point I wanted to make with that comment is that some people enjoyed the non-fight aspects of the movies in addition to the fight sequences.

Regarding costume and invulnerability: well, it's not like he has to worry about small weapons attacks, like a knife to the stomach or. . . oh wait :oldrazz:

That was so awesome. It really showed what Thor unrestrained is capable of.

He'd be more popular if Marvel stopped messing around and showed us what he's really capable of.

Nail on the head

Dude we're always on the same page, because that's EXACTLY what I've been saying. :up:

Honestly I wish they've would've done that in TA, but I guess it's not too late they can always do it in TA2.

I would like for him to get a power boost in Thor 2 though, it's about time they show what Thor's really made of.

I don't want to see just portal opening. I want to see him to all sorts of things with it. Big Lightning storms, energy blasts, portals. Like blasts that are clearly not lightning.

I want lightning to surge from his eyes, and I want a moment where he summons a storm without mjolnir. I've envisioned it something like, he gets knocked away from mjolnir when fighting Kurse and Malekith. And He summons a lightning storm, and they both sort of look at him. And Thor says something along the lines of "Mjolnir is but a tool, the thunder and lightning are in my blood, and are mine to comand"

In all honesty, I would love if the did a bigger homage. Like, hae his pants blue. And honestly give him golden boots. Literally, when he fought Ironman, it was almost there. Just make his boots yellow, and his pants blue. That works for me.

It's literally a modern day movie version of the classic thor look.

Which i truly miss in the comics these days

Jaimie Alexander had tweeted at the end of July that her costume got a reboot. So, maybe Hemsworth's has too.

Well then, it would appear that they most likely will be updating most of the costumes for the sequel. I just wonder what they will look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"