"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

I'm kind of digging his new look. It seems more battle-ready than what we saw in TA. The lack of the high, armored boots in TA seemed to be the biggest thing missing from the costume. Not quite sure about the armored groin flap and how low the upper armor comes down on his hips, but once we see it motion it may look okay.

I think Thor's new outfit is my favorite so far, I prefer the black pants over the blue ones and the armored groin covering is epic.

The broze discs looks better than the silver one's in my opinion, the attachment of the cape is also pretty sweet.

My favorite armor is still the original because of how they handled the cape, but I really, really like the new one outside of the cape clasp.

Depending on how it looks on film, this one will probably be my favorite.

article-0-14F5F984000005DC-201_306x663.jpg
And I am quickly reminded why Thor is my favorite of the heroes. *sigh*

Okay, shoving the fangirl in me aside for a moment (as hard as it is). I like the changes, and I love the look. His hair is a good length, good color, from what we can see, I like the length of the beard. I like the changes to the armor/outfit. The loincloth, the changes to the leg armor/boots. Still hoping for a sleeveless look as well....or better yet, a topless scene with him. *cough* sorry, told you it was hard to shove the fangirl aside :oldrazz:

My favorite armor is still the original because of how they handled the cape, but I really, really like the new one outside of the cape clasp.

The new costume is my favorite followed by the original, the armored outfit at the end of TA is my least favorite.

The new costume is my favorite followed by the original, the armored outfit at the end of TA is my least favorite.

Yeah, I didn't like the Avengers armor too much, but I thought it looked okay when he was on the helicarrier and he didn't have the cape or chain mail sleeves. My least favorite look however was definitely cape, no sleeves when he first arrives.

The only negative I can find on this suit is the flare out at the bottom of the cuirass.

Yeah, I didn't like the Avengers armor too much, but I thought it looked okay when he was on the helicarrier and he didn't have the cape or chain mail sleeves. My least favorite look however was definitely cape, no sleeves when he first arrives.

The sleeveless outfit for my favorite Thor costume in TA, it's my 3rd favorite overall.

I much preferred his full Avengers armor to his original armor, save for the pants.
Thor's pants in TDW blow every single one of his others away.

I much preferred his full Avengers armor to his original armor, save for the pants.
Thor's pants in TDW blow every single one of his others away.

Nah not me, his full Avengers armor looked dull and those pants were out of place.

With that being said, I didn't "dislike" any of Thor's costume as a matter of fact I'd call all of them "good".

Nah not me, his full Avengers armor looked dull and those pants were out of place.

With that being said, I didn't "dislike" any of Thor's costume as a matter of fact I'd call all of them "good".

Some of my issues with his armors from the previous two films is that there were times where I could tell that the parts that were supposed to be presented as Metallic were actually very rubber/leather looking, but yeah I do prefer the armor in his first film as opposed to his full look in the Avengers.

I hope it doesn't become a trend where Thor's costume design is only great in his own films.lol

Can someone do a comparison photo of the Thor/Avengers/TDK suits side by side?!

Agreed. I think the new one is so good because

A) its the most viking inspired and its rugged and worn look makes it more believable as armor someone would wear in battle, something that cant be fully said about the others. Which leads me to

B) the Thor and TA suits were a bit too regal. The Thor suit was like this but the solidness and stiffness of the suit really made it feel like armor and it worked well. With the TA suit No only was the chest armor a bit too extravagant, it never does REALLY feel like an armor you should be battling in and its almost as if the designers try to fool you and make you believe its a solid piece but they fail.

I like the new boots, and the basic grittiness that they've added to his overall look.

I'm wondering, will they use the Gaea connection or will they keep Frigga as Thor's birth mother?

I love it. I liked the cape best in the first movie. Other than that, this new one is his best look yet. I like how the armor sorta goes down his legs. It seems like they are getting closer and closer to his current look :up:

Well, the audience *was* promised that the romance dynamic would be continued. . . .

right, and considering he made out with her for next to no reason in Thor and didnt call her in The Avengers, I can only assume we will see a sex scene in TDW. Possibly with Sif.

right, and considering he made out with her for next to no reason in Thor and didnt call her in The Avengers, I can only assume we will see a sex scene in TDW. Possibly with Sif.

Well, to be fair, Jane was the one who started it (the kiss). As for calling Jane, he may not know what a phone is. But since his name is on the movie, it's reasonable to suppose that he winds up with *someone*.

(My previous comment was not intended to be all that serious, btw.)

Well, to be fair, Jane was the one who started it (the kiss). As for calling Jane, he may not know what a phone is. But since his name is on the movie, it's reasonable to suppose that he winds up with *someone*.

(My previous comment was not intended to be all that serious, btw.)

oh but I'm totally serious. I think we are overdue for an MCU romp in the sack. closest we got so far was Banner's heart monitor beeping a little too fast. :whatever:

So does anyone want Thor to "stand out" in the battle between the "two kingdoms" like he did in the Jotunheim battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"