"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

No offense, Big Guy, but if he loses a hand, that is THE definition of handicapped. :woot:

It's a vision!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Have you seen the footage, it is very dreamlike, pretty sure it doesn't happen "in time", I still tthink it's a vision by Heimdal. Or something. Or an illusion.

I made a point earlier. Anyone reading the God of Thunder series right now? The future, king thor, is missing an arm. I have said multiple times I think the current comics and movies are bouncing ideas off each other

Nah Thor still has his hand in the final battle against Malekith as shown in the trailers, which takes place after the hand cutting. So it looks like it's either a vision, illusion, or Thor heals from it somehow.

All the same because at the end of the day he's have both hands in Age of Ultron, I'm certain of it.

Yeah, healing from that, or having his hand grow back seems kind of silly for even the MCU, which is why I think it is a vision, or an Illusion. I think it's a vision, I don't know, I mean, we don't know the context of the scene, but an illusion just seems, I don't know, weird. I think it's a vision.

Last edited:
From what we know of, the scene with thor taking on Malekith in London takes place near the end of the film, and he has two hands there.

Brothaman, I am hoping that this hand thing is just Loki trolling The Dark Elf... But if it isn't, don't say you weren't warned. :yay:

Brothaman, I am hoping that this hand thing is just Loki trolling The Dark Elf... But if it isn't, don't say you weren't warned. :yay:

I really think Loki is going to have some alternative motive.

I know this is over analytical. But "When you betray me, I will kill you"..I remember reading in some synopsis that Malekith is "egged on by Loki", will he have his own motives? Loki isn't helping Thor for redemption.

I think he is going to secretly turn over Jane to Malekith. The scene where the hand cut happens, seems to be the same scene in the trailer, where Malekith is levitating Jane. Loki won't just give up Jane, knowing it will get him killed by Thor. Perhaps he WAS going to betray Thor, and cut his hand off. Heimdal sees this.

Loki knows what the result would be, so he changes his plan, being the classic trickster, plays both sides, so that he gets what he wants, by letting Malekith "take" Jane, yet stays in Thor's good grace, cause it won't seem like he actually betrayed him. It would sort of correlate with Tom's comment, about Loki slipping through the cracks. The trickster.

I could be thinking too deeply, but I am really trying to think outside the box here.

I really think Loki is going to have some alternative motive.

I know this is over analytical. But "When you betray me, I will kill you"..I remember reading in some synopsis that Malekith is "egged on by Loki", will he have his own motives? Loki isn't helping Thor for redemption.

I think he is going to secretly turn over Jane to Malekith. The scene where the hand cut happens, seems to be the same scene in the trailer, where Malekith is levitating Jane. Loki won't just give up Jane, knowing it will get him killed by Thor. Perhaps he WAS going to betray Thor, and cut his hand off. Heimdal sees this.

Loki knows what the result would be, so he changes his plan, being the classic trickster, plays both sides, so that he gets what he wants, by letting Malekith "take" Jane, yet stays in Thor's good grace, cause it won't seem like he actually betrayed him. It would sort of correlate with Tom's comment, about Loki slipping through the cracks. The trickster.

I could be thinking too deeply, but I am really trying to think outside the box here.

Oh I have no doubt that unless the rumors of Frigga dying are true, that Loki is playing Thor and The Dark Elves. He wants to be free from whatever imprisonment he's experienced since the end of Avengers.

But... If Frigga does get slain by the Elves then I could see Loki working a vengeance angle into his overall plans.

Oh I have no doubt that unless the rumors of Frigga dying are true, that Loki is playing Thor and The Dark Elves. He wants to be free from whatever imprisonment he's experienced since the end of Avengers.

But... If Frigga does get slain by the Elves then I could see Loki working a vengeance angle into his overall plans.

I think Loki will know a lot. I think he and "the other" will be exchanging words. Perhaps Loki is still trying for power

I think Loki will know a lot. I think he and "the other" will be exchanging words. Perhaps Loki is still trying for power

"Slipping through the cracks" could also mean that Loki really wants to get out of Dodge before a certain Death Courtin' Titan comes gunnin' for him. :word:

"Slipping through the cracks" could also mean that Loki really wants to get out of Dodge before a certain Death Courtin' Titan comes gunnin' for him. :word:

I don't think Thanos will be in it physically, I do think Loki at the beginning will be astrally attacked by the other and thanos though.

I don't think Thanos will be in it physically, I do think Loki at the beginning will be astrally attacked by the other and thanos though.

My two hopes for the post credit scene for TDW is either:

1. Thor, being helped by Jane of course, moving into Avengers Tower with either Banner or Tony there to welcome him.

2. An appearance by The Other or Thanos that's kind of a status update on their plans since Avengers.

Loki is a master of creating illusions apparently; it's possible that he creates the illusion of cutting off Thor's hand in order to trick Malekith that he's on his side, only to reveal later on that he was never really on his side to begin with.

Now, I'm not saying that he will become good because of this, but I don't think it's that black and white regarding the hand thing. Plus, I just have a hard time believing that something that small could really cut off Thor's hand.

Also, you know what I'm really hoping for? To see Thor directly save some citizens or any bystander within the 9 realms from getting killed since I'd like them to show that Thor isn't just a Warrior Prince from Asgard.

1. Thor, being helped by Jane of course, moving into Avengers Tower with either Banner or Tony there to welcome him.

2. An appearance by The Other or Thanos that's kind of a status update on their plans since Avengers.

I'm with you on #1, I'd like for TDW 's end credit scene to be Thor moving in The Avenger Mansion. Not too sure about #2 though, I don't want another end credits scene with Thanos, we're gonna get enough of him in GOTG.

Also, you know what I'm really hoping for? To see Thor directly save some citizens or any bystander within the 9 realms from getting killed since I'd like them to show that Thor isn't just a Warrior Prince from Asgard.

That would be sweet, I'd like for him to directly save someone in one of the Guardian realms as well as earth.

Last edited:
It's a vision!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Have you seen the footage, it is very dreamlike, pretty sure it doesn't happen "in time", I still tthink it's a vision by Heimdal. Or something. Or an illusion.

*puts on an abnormally long scarf* It's all that timey wimey alternate reality stuff. Could you imagine having Heimdall's gift to see not just within one realm's ripple of causes and effects but several realities's causes and effects all at once? Anyone less disciplined...it would drive them mad, knowing every single outcome of every single decision from every single reality all at once. It would really mess them up because they wouldn't know which memory in their head is the one for their dimensional existence and which belongs in another dimensional reality altogether. Perhaps Loki in his arrogance some time in the past thought he could handle the knowledge that Heimdall possesses by traveling to these dimensions hence his sanity's downward spiral in Thor because such varying probabilities overwhelmed his mind?

Last edited:
*puts on an abnormally long scarf* It's all that timey wimey alternate reality stuff. Could you imagine having Heimdall's gift to see not just within one realm's ripple of causes and effects but several realities's causes and effects all at once? Anyone less disciplined...it would drive them mad, knowing every single outcome of every single decision from every single reality all at once. It would really mess them up because they wouldn't know which memory in their head is the one for their dimensional existence and which belongs in another dimensional reality altogether. Perhaps Loki in his arrogance some time in the past thought he could handle the knowledge that Heimdall possesses by traveling to these dimensions hence his sanity's downward spiral in Thor because such varying probabilities overwhelmed his mind?

Which is what I was implying, but I didn't want to say is, as I know a lot of people are not particularly fond of it. but as I said, I think the comics and MCU are bouncing ideas off each other. And in the comics, we do have another alternate Thor, who is King, and who is missing an arm

That would be pretty cool, imo.

That would be pretty cool, imo.

I hope that's the theme in the post credits (sans GOTG natch) they go for. I think the Tower is where the IIM3 post cred takes place. After what may or may not go down in TWS, Cap might need a place to stay too. Just my little fanboy dream I guess, but it would be economical for Joss to want something like that. No need to waste time "assembling" if everyone is in one spot already. :yay:

I hope that's the theme in the post credits (sans GOTG natch) they go for. I think the Tower is where the IIM3 post cred takes place. After what may or may not go down in TWS, Cap might need a place to stay too. Just my little fanboy dream I guess, but it would be economical for Joss to want something like that. No need to waste time "assembling" if everyone is in one spot already. :yay:

I don't know about that. It makes it seem more like a job, it's TOO convenient.

It's what's part of the appeal of these super groups, I think. That they are together in one place often, ala the Watchtower/Avenger's Mansion/Secret Sanctuary/JLA Satellite ect. You get to see them spend time together and interact before the threat of the week rears it's ugly head. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tony give the active duty Avengers a stipend back in the day? So... Yeah, it kinda is their job. Plus, like I said, it allows for the team to get together without it eating up a lot of screen time.

It's what's part of the appeal of these super groups, I think. That they are together in one place often, ala the Watchtower/Avenger's Mansion/Secret Sanctuary/JLA Satellite ect. You get to see them spend time together and interact before the threat of the week rears it's ugly head. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tony give the active duty Avengers a stipend back in the day? So... Yeah, it kinda is their job. Plus, like I said, it allows for the team to get together without it eating up a lot of screen time.

I get it if that's the primary focus of the MCU, like A:EMH. But they aren't Avengers first here. They have their own business to attend to. That's the point of it. They have their own things to take care of, and when the world needs it, they join together. they aren't "the team", they are their own individual persons, who join together when the world needs it. Until then, they have other places to attend, they shouldn't be living together so that when the world needs them, they'll be ready. It's too big of a universe, too many things going on.

I get it if that's the primary focus of the MCU, like A:EMH. But they aren't Avengers first here. They have their own business to attend to. That's the point of it. They have their own things to take care of, and when the world needs it, they join together. they aren't "the team", they are their own individual persons, who join together when the world needs it. Until then, they have other places to attend, they shouldn't be living together so that when the world needs them, they'll be ready. It's too big of a universe, too many things going on.

Hey, just cuz they bunk down at the Tower does not mean they are joined at the hip all the time. Plus this is all leading to the big clash with Ultron and then Thanos. Using the Tower as HQ and lodging also does not preclude solo adventures. It has not done that in the books, and I can't see them doing it in the films.

Besides, is not one of the most widespread (though not from me) complaints about A1 that it took so long getting the team together? This would solve that for sure.

Hey, just cuz they bunk down at the Tower does not mean they are joined at the hip all the time. Plus this is all leading to the big clash with Ultron and then Thanos. Using the Tower as HQ and lodging also does not preclude solo adventures. It has not done that in the books, and I can't see them doing it in the films.

Besides, is not one of the most widespread (though not from me) complaints about A1 that it took so long getting the team together? This would solve that for sure.

Oh, I think it should be headquarters for sure. I thought you meant that like, they LIVE there. Like, for the rest of the MCU. When they aren't dealing with problems, they are all back together living there like a family, "joined at the hip"....I do hope, and expect that they will meet up at the tower before the AoU. I don't think it should be their new HOME, year round.

If that's what you are saying, then I agree. If not, then I will drop this, given by the conversation about Sicilian blood we had in that other thread :cwink:

Curious, has there ever been a issue within the comics or an scenario that’s ever shown Thor suffering from any delayed effects of Post Traumatic Stress as a result of the countless wars that he’s been involved in? Or is Thor simply too much of a badass that it doesn’t affect him at this point?lol

It’s just funny, or I guess interesting, to see on how even in the MCU, Thor goes from fighting one War to fighting in another. As soon as he was done with helping to save the Earth from the Chitauri Invasion, where he was like the only Avenger that wasn’t really worn out and depleted of energy, he goes directly into fighting another battle, a large scale war within the 9 realms.

I mean you have had Tony suffering from PTS as a result of the events in “The Avengers” and it could be argued that Steve suffered from some PTS after he woke up 70 years into the future and lord knows that Banner’s early days in living with the Hulk has haunted him a lot and look how scared and traumatized Widow was from nearly being killed by the Hulk but Thor seems to be the one that hasn't been shown to really be phased by any specific traumatic events in his life as far as we've seen and know about within the MCU.

Curious, has there ever been a issue within the comics or an scenario that’s ever shown Thor suffering from any delayed effects of Post Traumatic Stress as a result of the countless wars that he’s been involved in? Or is Thor simply too much of a badass that it doesn’t affect him at this point?lol

It’s just funny, or I guess interesting, to see on how even in the MCU, Thor goes from fighting one War to fighting in another. As soon as he was done with helping to save the Earth from the Chitauri Invasion, where he was like the only Avenger that wasn’t really worn out and depleted of energy, he goes directly into fighting another battle, a large scale war within the 9 realms.

I mean you have had Tony suffering from PTS as a result of the events in “The Avengers” and it could be argued that Steve suffered from some PTS after he woke up 70 years into the future and lord knows that Banner’s early days in living with the Hulk has haunted him a lot and look how scared and traumatized Widow was from nearly being killed by the Hulk but Thor seems to be the one that hasn't been shown to really be phased by any specific traumatic events in his life as far as we've seen and know about within the MCU.

Nah. Gods don't have those issues.:word:

Thor has also been fighting for a millennium so he'd be pretty used to it. He was born to be a warrior and before being humbled in THOR he longed for battle.

Because "Thor is a warrior born!"

Thor is just badass.

It showed in the final battle in Avengers. Each Avenger had a moment where they were in trouble, Stark getting bombarded, Hulk getting bombarded with Lasers, and was down for a few minutes, and Cap getting shot. One after the other, then they showed Thor, who not only wasn't in trouble, but he kept going.

It seemed so intense for all the other avengers, but Thor's body language, it just seemed like another day in the life for Thor. Just another battle.

Oh, I don't think that he was that cool with it, some of his facial expressions seemed to be at least a tad bit apprehensive. The Avengers were losing that fight, and they hadn't even faced HALF of the Chitauri, there were thousands more waiting on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"