Your arms are just too short to box with the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of Sheamus Vs. Orton, we might be getting
Ziggler Vs. Del Rio
for the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 29. I'm cool with that. Best news I've heard all day! Never saw this coming and since I'm a huge fan of the guy! Fu**ing awesome! :wow:

Well you can assign allies&foes for each person and that does affect each match you have..Most of the time,You seem to want a full on RPG career mode..Which may be possible since Here Comes The Pain for PS2 and Raw 2 for original Xbox came very close to that

Assigning isn't the same as a development from a story. I have all the people I like on my side but it's not the same.

I'm curious to see how Generico does in the WWE.

Crazy how quick the plans for the World Heavyweight Championship program have changed leading to a Mania match. Wonder how it'll finally turn out.

could it be to leave Sheamus free to take on Taker perhaps?

The best "bad guys" are the ones who believe what they're doing is right , imo. I thought Punk cut one of the best heel promo's I've ever heard and doused it with realism. Rock is really good at what he does , but he's outmatched by CM Punk. I think he's going to step it up though. Rocky excels when it comes to rallying the crown for catchphrases , but Punk is the guy that can drop a pipebomb and take it to another level. Perhaps Rocky could spend some time in Piper's Pit.

Agreed, that is the philosophy Dusty Rhodes gave Mick Foley, a great heel finds an angle to justify his actions and his beliefs, Punk sounded like he had the strength of his convictions in his promo but it was skewed enough to leave an opening for a more subtle mic worker to flip it on him.

Rock can cut a serious promo but I don't think he can ad lib it. Sometimes his serious promos come off as obviously scripted instead f sounding natural. Someone like Punk can re adjust on the spot if he has to. Listening to Rock last night he didn't really address nearly as much of what Punk said directly as he could have. I don't think he knew quite how to respond to some of it. Some of what Punk said was fodder for a great mic worker to repond to. Like you said imagine him in there with a great mic worker.

Triple H could have stood in there with Punk and the back and forth SERIOUS exchange could have been riveting. Piper, Roberts, Michaels, etc. all would have been able to hang with him. From todays generation Austin Aries has that same ability to hang with CM Punk on the mic.

Honestly...I think Hollywood Hogan cut better "serious" promos during his first WCW heel run than Rock's done recently. Back then Hogan could actually roll with someone like Piper on the stick. In the build up to their Starrcade match Hogan was on point.

Most definitely, Rock is not a talker who adapts at all, he essentially tries to shout over or shout down the other person instead. Triple H was brilliant opposite Punk in their feud, it's one of multiple reasons I wish they'd pushed right through with that angle and it had been the title match for Mania 28.

Good point on Hogan, for me he is the master of the blustering money-promo and like Rock was often best just cutting a promo to the camera as opposed to entering a promo duel, but that feud with Piper showed Hogan's flexibility as a mic worker.

Btw, I'd love to see Hunter perform a shoot promo in the WWE... :D :up: :oldrazz:

Dare I say, I think he could even outdo Punk... :ninja: :cwink:

:funny:

Anyone else think The Shield will cost Rocky the title?

A part timer getting a title shot seems like injustice to me.

If Punk wins it'll be via help from Lesnar IMO.

I'm pretty sure we'll get Punk-Austin next year. SCSA has hinted that he wants one more WM. That seems like a logical choice.

I wouldn't bet against it being Cena vs Austin.

Was at Smackdown tonight fun show overall. The end shocked me. The best match of the night was Sheamus vs Ziggler that they taped for Main Event. Saturday Slam was also taped

Kruger had a match which made me happy, he cut a disturbing promo, and sang a song before losing a solid but short match to Gabriel

Sheamus also cut a very good joke free promo on Ziggler. Talking about while he is extremely talented and charismatic he's holding on to the case because he is scared of the big moment to go for out etc

Did Dolph job as usual?

What did he say that was disturbing?

That's good to hear and sounds like a smart approach to a promo on Ziggler.

Glad you enjoyed the show. :up:

Crazy how quick the plans for the World Heavyweight Championship program have changed leading to a Mania match. Wonder how it'll finally turn out.

I think it'll wind up as a multi-man as there aren't two that individually are over enough for the crowd to care about a WHC singles match for Mania, I mean the guy they just slapped the belt on isn't even over and is ridiculously being pushed as a face.

just watched raw wow seriously punk schooled rock. it just shows what a lot fo us have been saying

rocks comeback is nothing more than a limp wristed circle jerk to the die hard attitude fans. can you rock fans here tell me truthfully that you feel that promo on raw is 1/8 of the quality you expected

So instead of Sheamus Vs. Orton, we might be getting
Ziggler Vs. Del Rio
for the World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 29. I'm cool with that. Best news I've heard all day! Never saw this coming and since I'm a huge fan of the guy! Fu**ing awesome! :wow:

We Still might get Orton vs. Sheamus it just hopefully won't be for the title

Either its an elaborate work to finally bring back Bruno or like with Jericho, Graham taking it all so personally again.

could it be to leave Sheamus free to take on Taker perhaps?

I certainly hope so since HHH will rob us of The Deadman's rightful opponent. Undertaker deserves to beat Brock more than Hunter does.

@Hunter

disturbing was the wrong choice of word. It was more Kruger's delivery than what he said. Kept his voice low and even, and has a cool evil laugh lol.

Ziggler lost by count out. They were both outside and Sheamus jumped back in when ref got to 9. Then he had a staredown with Big E.

Cena is turning into Sergeant Slaughter

Nothing wrong with Sarge. He is the reason I became a Wrestling fan because of the fact that I first noticed him from the GI Joe cartoon before I saw him in a wrestling match.

I'm curious to see how Generico does in the WWE.

If he remains a masked wrestler, I think he'll do very well in the WWE. Rey Mysterio is near the end of his career and Sin Cara hasn't gone as well as they had hoped (plus he seems to be injury prone). Nothing the kids like more than a masked guy. If the WWE unmasks him, he'll be back in the Indies within 90 days of his first WWE TV match

Wade Barrett in Dead Man Down:

Is he losing his mind? as that's what heels are supposed to do. :huh:

@Hunter

disturbing was the wrong choice of word. It was more Kruger's delivery than what he said. Kept his voice low and even, and has a cool evil laugh lol.

Ziggler lost by count out. They were both outside and Sheamus jumped back in when ref got to 9. Then he had a staredown with Big E.

Ahhh I see, did he get much of a reaction?

Good, that is how the match with Cena should have ended.

just watched raw wow seriously punk schooled rock. it just shows what a lot fo us have been saying

rocks comeback is nothing more than a limp wristed circle jerk to the die hard attitude fans. can you rock fans here tell me truthfully that you feel that promo on raw is 1/8 of the quality you expected

Truthfully..It was even better than I expected,I feel that promo between them was way better than ANYTHING Rock&Cena did in their whole feud,I even feel it was one of Rock's best promos EVER and only got brought down a bit by his two jokes.

Not sure about schooled Rock But I think Punk's solo promo was amazing and one of his top best EVER(including the indies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"