Your chronological timeline of favorite toys/action figures

i was waiting for someone to admit they played with power rangers. i'm suprised they didn't show up in other lists yet. but yes, i had me some zords. after the thunderzords i lost interest.

my last zord was right before the vehicle ones before the 2nd movie... one of the neo/zeo whatever ones..

I was born in 1981.
My first actionfigures I can remember we're He-Man, I have loads of the old figs. Castles and transports.
I was also big into dinosaurs in general, so I had a lot of those.
I played with Lego and automibiles almost my entire childhood.
My little brother (1988) was heavily into Turtles though.

Battle Beasts & Muscle Men = F***in' AWESOME!

Born 82'

Fisher Price 80s
LEGOs 80s-90s
McDonalds Happy Meal Toys 80s-90s
Playdoe 80s-90s
Dyno-Riders 80s
TMNT 80s-90s
Microminis 80s-90s
WWF (the original ones) 90s
Batman Returns 90s
Various Marvel Action Figs 90s
Muscle Men 90s
Food Fighters 90s
Barnyard Commandoes 90s
G.I. Joes 90s
Fistfull of Power 00s

i really miss the dino-rider figures. i know the show wasn't the best, but it was descent. and the figs were very inventive, espeically for back then. the little people sucked, but the dinos and the heavy machinary were awesome. i just wish i would have been older when i had them though, b/c i broke just about all the pieces. I was only 5 or younger when i had that stuff.

Yes, Dyno-Riders are the MOST UNDERRATED action figure toys of all time!!!

They are the "Escape from New York" of Toydum.

Don't remember the order, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot, this is the major stuff that I remember though:

Born in '87

Power Rangers (90’s)
Aladdin (90’s)
Tale Spin (90’s)
Lion King (90’s)
Darkwing Duck (90’s)
Mighty Ducks (90’s)
Gargoyles (90’s)
NBA Starting Lineup (90’s)
NBA Headliners (90’s)
TMNT (90’s)
Legos (90’s)
Beanie Babies (90’s)
Lego (90’s)
Playmobil (90’s)
Pokemon(figures and cards) (90’s)
Space Jam (90’s)
Star Wars (90’s to present)
Marvel Legends, Spider-Man Classics, X-Men Classics etc. (00’s to present)
Family Guy (00’s to present)
Heroclix(00's to present)

Man, I dunno what years I had anything but as a kid I had:
LEGOS (I think since day one I had LEGOS, y'know, the big fat ones for toddlers and then as a kid I got into the city playsets and the space ones were my favorite)
He-Man ( I seriously at one point had every damn He-Man toy, the vehicles, the castles, all of it. Then my brother was born and the demise of my He-Man's was abroad. I seriously told my mom when I handed her my Skeletor with a chewed on head "This baby needs to go. NOW.")
TMNT (me and my brother had plenty of these, mainly he did but what was his was mine but not vice versa, had the sewer lair and the van, loved the van,)
GI Joes (same as the TMNT, he manily had the figures and I'd get tanks and vehicles and we just shared)
ThunderCATS (had mainly the regular first ones, nothing much because I never really saw them much around here)
TransFormers (had a few, had to have Starscream because he's my fav outta all of them; will be getting some of the Classics line come this November)
SuperPowers (only had a few)
Marvel figures (those early crappy ones that really really really sucked but were so cool at the time because everything else was lame, I'm talking like the Punisher that had a trenchcoat made outta like trashbag plastic and Thor had no cape)
X-Men (Now these, damn, we went nuts on these. Me and my brother had litearrly all of them up until the X-Men 2099 figures came out after those we only got some here and there but all the others we had. The first series i had that horrid Wolverine bike and that Cyclops Danger Room thing and some other crap they put out. We had the crappy Sentinel from that line also. Loved the Deadpool figs from that crappy line)
Wrestling figures (had the crappy WWF ones with action features, atleast 20-30 of the damn things, then the next ones with bone crunching action and some WCW ones after those that eventually lead into what MLs became and what the TNA figures are now and now I get the WWE Classics)

Then.....I got a little older and I stopped playing with my brother much because i wanted to hit parties up and then there were girls and I just switched my interests away. I started doing model cars alot, I guess outta my habits building with LEGOS. I did buy wrestling figures here and there because me and him wrestled and stuff and we would atleast watch it together unlike when we were little and watched lots of cartoons and s*** and had the toys. I didn't buy any modern type stuff until the first X-Men movie was coming. I had been away from comics and all that for a long while, then I started hearing about. Then I got some of those movie figures. Then awhile later the MLs. Then the DCDs. Then Street Fighters. Then this and that and now, I just got way too much stuff.

And yeah, it sucks that my toys from being a kid were given away but atleast they went to kids who were poor and never would have a chancve at havingf those toys because they cost too much in Mexico. I remember my last trip (last year) I saw some Mattel Batman figures at this one store for $15 apiece. As much as i would like to have maybe a handful of my He-Man figs and TMNT figs back, atleast I know the were appreciated.

Was born in 1987:

-DC Superheroes line from Toybiz (Batman, Superman, Bob the Goon, Joker)
-Beetlejuice (oh yeah, when the movie came out, me and brother had all of them)
-TMNT figs (both the cartoons (especially the ones that changed to turtles) and the movie star line that had Super Shredder)
-Batman movie toys (All four films)
-Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin', Tv and Movie, Zeo, and Turbo)

too much to list

Was born in 1987:

-DC Superheroes line from Toybiz (Batman, Superman, Bob the Goon, Joker)
-Beetlejuice (oh yeah, when the movie came out, me and brother had all of them)
-TMNT figs (both the cartoons (especially the ones that changed to turtles) and the movie star line that had Super Shredder)
-Batman movie toys (All four films)
-Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin', Tv and Movie, Zeo, and Turbo)

too much to list

I never had any Power Ranger toys. I never liked the shows.

FEAR THE BAT said:
I never had any Power Ranger toys. I never liked the shows.

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you love the show and you even went as far as letting your hair grow out like the Green Ranger aka Tommy.

that's not as bad as what he told me. he said that he used to smear mud, putty or whatever was available all over his younger siblings against their own will so he could have some putty men to fight with. That's just wrong.

And even though he tried to look like the green ranger, we all know he looked more like an hispanic yellow ranger. i won't say the pink one b/c amy jo johnson was hot, the only real reason worth watching that crappy show.

For the people born in mid-80s that didn't play with Transformers and G.I. Joes as kids, are any of you guys buying the new Transformers and G.I. Joes (the re-releases, not the Sigma 6 crap)?

why would i buy them if i didnt play with them before? i had an original optimus prime when i was REALLY REALLY little... beast wars were really what i was into though

breast wars kicked ass I loved those things :up:

"BEAST MODE" :up: I loved that line!

I loved BREAST MODE too. It was such a good choice, play with the robot or play with a nice big breast...

SsM said:
breast wars kicked ass I loved those things :up:
I never got any fun toys like that when I was a kid. :(

*sorry, but someone needed to get it in a quote before you noticed & edited it.*

did anyone else have those antz or something like that toys. I think there were orange ants and blue ants and they were soldiers etc. They had purple butt things that popped off. Most had guns I think too.

Sorry I forgot to mention I had those army figs that were melted on a base, you know which one i'm talking about, the ones that came on Toy Story.
I had a bunch........after a while i just burned them all and watched them melt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"