Your Dream Movies

Pokemon.

Similar to all the children's books to movies being done lately, like Harry Potter, or Bridge to Terabithia, or the Spiderwick Chronicles. Three young kids go on a world-wide adventure and battle amazing creatures.

Based on Pokemon Red/Blue, and only featuring the first 151 monsters from that generation of games. Then the sequel can have the Gold/Silver monsters, and so on and so forth. Handful will be mainly featured like Pikachu, Charizard, and Geodude, while all the rest will serve as easter eggs or cameos throughout the movie.

The premise: 500-1000 years in the future after a devastating disease managed to wipe out every species of animal in the entire world. Humans were immune to it, and before all animals went extinct, scientists gathered a genetic "Noah's Arc" of DNA samples from all animals, as we need them for our ecosystem, food, and companionship. Legend has it that an extraterrestrial life form was used to help clone animals. (Mew) After cloning animals it was found that their genetic structure could be broken down and stored in containment units. And if you placed your genetic code on the units, they would obey your commands. After everything settled, "Pocket Monsters" used for battling became the number one sport on Earth, and a way of life for many. After centuries, "Pokemon" began to evolve in increasing rates, until eventually, even in their own lifetimes. They repopulated nature and continue to evolve and develop new species. There's a lot of fields dedicated to Pokemon, like scientists, doctors, breeders, and of course trainers. And the world is so peaceful in the future that you could leave your home at age ten, after completing the equivalent of a bachelor's degree from the future's very advanced education system, and it would be normal to ride your bike around the world.

The movie starts out with Ash Ketchum (unknown or someone like the kid from Terabithia) leaving starting his journey from Pallet town with his new Pikachu that was given to him by his neighbor, Professor Oak. Oak promised him a charmander, but his grandson Gary demanded it. So on the way back to the lab Oak and Ash encounter a Pikachu in the wild that can't be captured or contained in a Pokeball. Pikachu is the first-ever documented naturally-born Pokemon. Pikachu makes friends with Ash anyway, and still listens to him, and Oak entrusts Pikachu to Ash's care. He goes to Pewter City and meets Brock, and then later Misty at her town. There'd be a montage of gyms, all straight from the game, with their trainers looking exactly like Lt. Surge, Sabrina, etc. Ash fights off Jesse and James, top agents from Team Rocket who were sent to capture the first ever naturally-born pokemon, which would change the world. They have Meowth, a pokemon genetically-engineered to speak English. It's hinted at that Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, is actually Ash's father (played by Robert Deniro.) In the end, Ash is competing at the Indigo League when Team Rocket attack and Ash fights Giovanni and wins, but loses the tournament to Gary. Setting up for the sequel where he'll train with his friends in a different part of the world.

I would give my freaking LEFT ARM to make this movie.
That actually sounds pretty cool, and would make more sense than anything from the games or the cartoons.

- The Legend Of Zelda; based on scripts and story ideas I wrote for a Zelda trilogy.
- Another He-Man movie, now with Hordak as the villain.
- Thundercats movie.
- Ghostbusters 3 would be fun.
- Constantine 2.
- Alien 5, also based on my own ideas.

I forgot a good Resident Evil series that bases the story on the games and not the crappy movies we are shown the last years...

Megas XLR with Sock from Reaper as Coop

Perfect casting, this show was awesome what happened to it. I was trying to think of who would play Kiva and Jamie. And we know it's possible to make, thank you Transformers.

That actually sounds pretty cool, and would make more sense than anything from the games or the cartoons.

Thanks, man. I've had some of those ideas since like 1998. When I was in sixth grade, lol. I think Pokemon would work great as a "Harry Potter" re-invented movie, a kids fight with magical monsters genre update, just like how some people said "Transformers" re-invented the superhero genre. But I've always seen Pokemon as a great sci-fi story, over a magical one like Harry Potter. I don't understand how we haven't heard that movie studios are competing to buy up the rights to make movies of Nintendo franchises yet, that's what I would be doing if I worked in Hollywood.

I've always wanted to write and direct CATCHER IN THE RYE. But, that's impossible. The writer even turned down Spielberg.

With all the future anime-related movies coming out soon, I'd like to see a Dirty Pair movie:

Kei-Natalie Portman

Yuri-Scarlett Johansson

It could be really corny like the old 80s show was and yes, they would have bright red and blue hair and wear similar costumes, mixed with really well done sci-fi action. C'mon! :hehe:

As in, the Milton epic Paradise Lost? I'm with you on that. It'd take a hell of a director and writer but could work.

Yup, that's the one. It's been rumoured for years (at one point I think there was some talk of Daniel Craig playing Satan). I think the basic story is very simple and could be adapted easily. The key would be to have someone who could effectively translate the sense of epic and the lyrical qualities of the poem to the big screen. Joe Wright would be a possible choice. He's already shown he can do solid adaptations of English literature as well as pretty impresive large scale sequences (that long tracking shot in Atonement on the beach in Dunkirk made my jaw drop).

Pokemon.

and it would be normal to ride your bike around the world.

That part made me LOL really hard. But I think that is a really good idea! I like the backstory you came up with, but I think for a film you wouldn't even need that much. I think with Pokemon people already assume it exists in some weird alternate universe.

I'd like to see a Twisted Metal game. Done in a - four different stories. Have Sweet Tooth as one of the main characters, Calypso as another main character, and then two others (or maybe just one other). Three different perspectives on this tournament. I think it would be interesting. The stories would be out of order, in a nonlinear fashion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Metal_(series)

kinda like sin city

Hell yeah. Actually, exactly like Sin City to be honest. The stories would run like S.C., but would have real rustic, dirty kind of color to it. Especially on certain characters and their vehicles.

That would be sweet (pun intended), i would so go see a Twisted Metal movie if it was like that but it can't all be story even though TM's characters have some pretty good ones, I do want to see tons of vehichle fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"