Your Favorite Animated Disney Movie, and Why?

Moviefan2k4

Sidekick
Reaction score
This was inspired by Spidey Lover 10's "worst Disney film ever" topic; I basically just flipped the whole thing on its head.

Now, a little clarification: in this thread, "animated" refers to not just 2D animation, but also live-action combos like "Mary Poppins" or "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". I'd prefer to keep the 3D stuff for another thread (like the Pixar collaborations), so let's hear it: what are your picks? Here's one of mine...

Peter Pan: I recently purchased the Platinum Edition DVD, and it reminded me of how much I love this film, even as an adult. Smee is the perfect brainless henchman, and this picture resulted in one of my Top 2 versions of Captain Hook (Hoffman in "Hook" being the other). As for Peter, Bobby Driscoll did such an excellent job back then; so sad he died of drugs.:(

Kathryn Beaumont (known to Disneyholics as the voice of "Alice") does a great job as Wendy, but I admit my favorite character is probably "Tick-Tock the Croc", as some have called him. For being voiceless, he's still comedic and very memorable.

The songs are superb even to this day, and I hadn't heard them in years. The sequel, "Return to Never-Land", clearly tried to honor the classic staple, but nothing can match the original. It's still a tender-hearted family film, and I love it.

My favorite was Peter Pan(original cartoon) up and till the age of about 7 then I changed grew up and personally think Toy Story is the best though technically a Disney film they didn't make it Pixar did so I'm not if it counts. Well I think Toy Story is a film adults and children both can like and unlike Shrek don't have to add adult humour or sexual innuendo every 5 seconds. And the voice's were great with Tom Hanks & Tim Allen giving the best performances by far.

These pics of me on Halloween should give you a hint...

102707-03.jpg

102707-02.jpg

The Lion King. Of more specifically; De Leeuwenkoning. I have seen it countless time when I was little. If I'd watch it again now I'm sure I would recognize every single frame and sound.

Aladdin :up:
Everything about it, it's just magical.

The Lion King. Of more specifically; De Leeuwenkoning. I have seen it countless time when I was little. If I'd watch it again now I'm sure I would recognize every single frame and sound.

Dude, a couple of years back, I woke up early one morning unable to fall back asleep and I recited every damn line from the first half of TLK out of memory. It was kooky.

The Lion King is my favourite Disney movie.

The best Disney movie is Beauty & the Beast.

Aladdin is my favorite!

I'm in agreement though, that Beauty & The Beast is by far the best(Also makes for the best Broadway show i've seen, and I've seen many).

Also really enjoy Hercules(I CAN GO THE DISTANCE!), The Lion King, and THE BLACK CAULDRON!!!! Seriously, that movie needs some love.

I'm going againsyt the grain a bit and naming a more obscure one, but I LOVE The Sword And The Stone. It's been my favorite for as long as I can remember.

As far as the classics go, Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs might be my favorite.

emperors new groove, its just funny to me. i love patrick warburton as the queens servant...

Aladdin, Hercules, The Lion King, Peter Pan, Toy Story 2, 101 Dalmations{both versions}.

I'm going againsyt the grain a bit and naming a more obscure one, but I LOVE The Sword And The Stone. It's been my favorite for as long as I can remember.
I tried watching that about a year ago and couldn't stand it.

1) Fantasia
2) The Fox and The Hound
3) The Sword and The Stone
4) The Black Cauldron

Only counting the traditional animated Disney movies, here's my Top 3:

1. The Lion King
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Aladdin

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame.

I always thought it was interesting that this seems to be the only Disney movie I can think of where the hero doesn't end up with the girl in the end...and it just so happens that he's the one hero that's ugly.

Great lesson to be learned, kids! :D

Good movie, though.

The hunchback longs for acceptence and gets it at the end.

Top 3
1. Aladdin
2. Lion King
3. Robin Hood (I think that was Disney)

The Lion King is my favourite Disney movie.

The best Disney movie is Beauty & the Beast.

I agree. Didn't B&B win an oscar?
Anyway, Lion King is my favourite, probably followed by the jungle book.

I can't decide between Aladdin, Lion King, and Mulan. It's too hard to choose, all three are the creme of the crop, but even at that I love almost all disney movies.

mY TWO favorite movie is toy story 2 and a goofy movie. I also like Aladdin and the lion king. I like altants and the empoirs new groove. I also like robion hood and Rescuers down under

Bambi. One of the most beautiful movies ever made. Its like a visit to an art museum.

Beauty and the beast is the mother ****ing best disney told by disney ever.

aladdin is my fan favourite

lion king sucks donkey balls.

The incredibles is my favourite disney/pixar film, it's actually up there with best superhero films, for a parody, it actually takes itself far more seriously than pretty much all superhero films to date.

Alladin: Classic story told great, and beautiful music. I can't get tired of Alladin as Prince Ali entering Agrabah.

And I have a soft spot for One hundred and One dalmatians, the first animated movie I watched on a theater (probably the first movie, I was really young)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"