Why are so many animated films musicals?

8wid

Sidekick
Reaction score
I've been watching all of the traditional animated movies from the early 90s and late 80s, and I notice a major trend. All of these films, even the ones that are not Disney have a musical formula? Why is it that this used to be done, when most of the animated films now have completely abandoned this concept, even the Disney ones?

if you don't like musical check out disney altantas staring the voice mcheal j fox does the voice of expolor. i also check out emprie new groove. sword and the stone don't sing too much. if your looking for good rockn'roll i reommed picking up a goofy moive. my all time favorite disney moive.

Lion King FTW, had to let that out.

I think Tarzan had one synchronized singing breakout.

For starters, you can get away with alot more in animation than live action. Remember the end of "I Just Can't Wait To Be King"? Yeah, see if you can make a live action musical with a tower of elephants, hippos, giraffes, antelopes, anteaters (which don't even live in Africa) flamingos and an ostrich holding up singing lion cubs.

Aladdin will always be the best animated musical ever. I like the cartoon musicals cause they are fun lighthearted entertainment that I can enjoy with my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"