Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Your favorite episode of this show so far?

Reaction score
I'm sure we all have our favorite episode from our newest favorite TV show, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. :woot: And since we are in for a long mid-season break. I think its the perfect time to reminiscence the episodes that ABC aired so far. So whats your favorite episode of this show so far?

I haven't seen episode 9 and 10 yet, but I'll post my favorite episode after I watched Ep9/10.

I've enjoyed the first and last episodes. Everything in between was passably entertaining.

It's been a long time since I've watched a show on network tv.

This is an entertaining series overall, but the more I think about the show and nitpick it, the more one realizes how formulaic it is.

I realize they're trying; it's a big step up from the bizarre 'reality' shows which are the norm nowadays.

Hmm. If I had to pick one, I'd go with The Well. Dr Elliot Randolph was a great new character, and they played with a couple different plot elements that were good both for the characters and for the setting.

Probably " The Hub"
Idk, the last few episodes have actually been really good. I also liked the one where Simmons gets infected and jumps out of the plane. Great emotional moment

I think the one were Simmons got infected is my favorite. It was the time they all stopped acting like children.

The one where Fury shows up at the end and he asks hows Lola.

The Well. Although, I have to admit the one where Simmons was infected was also a very good one.

The first and the last. The hooded hero is the most grounded character, relatively well written, with clear, discernible motivations that allow you to understand him and sympathize with him. His frailties are massively exaggerated, however, making you feel dirty for sympathizing with him, however.

I find the writers to be terribly manipulative in this sense. They set up the hooded hero as a lovable 'every man.' He's down on his luck financially, but loves his son and wants to do right by his family.

But then he goes berzerk, beats up a woman, and threatens to annihilate an entire city block with his rage issues.

Then he returns, seemingly a model citizen, only to sell out coulson the man who gave him a chance to be a hero for his country.

Now you feel dumb again.

That's what's f'ed up about the show. There are very few characters that you can emotionally identify with, and once you do, bam! they turn out to be twisted.

Great job, guys.

For me, this one, the 10th.
This is the "game changer" of the season. From now we will have the true "Agents of SHIELD" show. What was planned from the beginning.

For me, this one, the 10th.
This is the "game changer" of the season. From now we will have the true "Agents of SHIELD" show. What was planned from the beginning.

I agree, Episode 10 was the best so far. Up until then it feels like a series of one-off episodes then, boom Episode 10 comes in and ties a bunch of them together. It also has really upped the stakes which is important. Although, they probably aren't going to kill anyone off that's important :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"