Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E09 "Ye Who Enter Here"

What was the name they called the baby again?

The dream has significance otherwise they wouldn't have bothered.

I'm basically 100% sold on Skye being Daisy and "the Doctor" being Calvin Zabo (Mr. Hyde).

It just adds up to well...

The doctor is, well...a doctor, has superhuman strength, a temper/emotional issues (a duality to his personality, one might say), and has a daughter who was put up for adoption. These are all traits of Calvin Zabo in the comics.

As for Skye...she's an orphan who works for SHIELD and has the potential to have superpowers. Quake is an adopted child who works for SHIELD who has superpowers.

The pieces couldn't fit together any better if you tried.

I guarantee that we will hear these two pieces of dialogue at some point in the season...

About the only thing I can't reconcile is how Daisy's last name would be "Johnson" since her mother was Chinese and her dad's last name is Zabo...
I don't see that being a problem, given she has been taken in by a number of foster parents, which one may have legally adopted her, so she may legally have the name Johnson.....just haven't been reveal yet, by Ward no less....he seems to be the vehicle for the writers to reveal little tidbits about Skye's background. Him & Raina.....which to add, to the good ole Dr.Daady, Zabo theory, Raina did say he was a "monster". :shr:

As for Bobby and Mac. All their questions have been about Coulson and his intentions or ability to lead. Or about how the team works with each other.

They are definitely feeling them out.

I bet that Talbot doesn't turn out to be half the idiot people think he is.

Last edited:
What was the name they called the baby again?

I believe the dialogue of the opening scene/Skye's dream sequence is (apologies for any minor errors):

Skye: Hello?! Coulson! Coulson! Where'd everybody go?! Where'd everybody go? Coulson! That sound What is that? Coulson, what are you doing? We have a mission to prep for.

Coulson: This is the mission. It opens. So weird, right?

Skye: N-No!

(baby fussing)

May: Sacrifices have to be made. Poison tree, poison fruit.

Coulson: I know. Bye-bye, angel eyes.

Skye: No, wait, wait! Don't leave her! Coulson, May! Wait! - Coulson!​

The doctor is, well...a doctor, has superhuman strength, a temper/emotional issues (a duality to his personality, one might say), and has a daughter who was put up for adoption. These are all traits of Calvin Zabo in the comics.

Are we talking about the same Calvin Zabo?

Granted, I've long since stopped collecting comics and may not be up to date on his story - a lot of what I'm mentioning here comes from wikis -, but he has NEVER come across to me as an emotional mess, let alone have that much a split personality. Quite the contrary, actually: as Zabo, he is as much an amoral a** as he is as Mr Hyde, the gist of the change all coming down to trading Zabo's gifted intellect to Hyde's strength and savagery. He robbed several hospitals to finance his research of the Hyde formula, sold a derivative of that as a street drug e had Daisy as an oops with a *prostitute*. He is but a blip in Daisy's story, a means of justifying her quake powers, and doesn't play a role in her life beyond that. 616 Calvin Zabo wouldn't give a minute of his day to find a missing daughter of his, let alone 20 years.

I don't buy the Hyde/Daisy theory. At all.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet but It's a theory that's been around for some time i believe. What are your opinions on Skye and Raina being half-sisters (same mother)?

Coulson & May may have been the ones ultimately responsible in ensuring the baby's safety....obviously May has some Asian descent, don't know if her family has a history in that area; but, maybe her mom(who was briefly on the show) temporarily took the baby in, before they settle on a family to care for her.

last nights episode was completely awesome. Do you think skye's dad and ward are working together now to protect skye from whitehall?

Coulson & May may have been the ones ultimately responsible in ensuring the baby's safety....obviously May has some Asian descent, don't know if her family has a history in that area; but, maybe her mom(who was briefly on the show) temporarily took the baby in, before they settle on a family to care for her.
Eh, I think the dream is more simple than that, I don't think it's very complicated. To me (at least for now) I don't think it's much more than Skye seeing the team (of which Coulson and May are the head of) as her family - a place where she's finally found a home. Them leaving the baby the way they did in her dream is her own fear that they'll abandon her/not want her anymore because of who her father is (the "poison tree, poison fruit" line) and/or what she is/might become

I believe the dialogue of the opening scene/Skye's dream sequence is (apologies for any minor errors):

Skye: Hello?! Coulson! Coulson! Where'd everybody go?! Where'd everybody go? Coulson! That sound What is that? Coulson, what are you doing? We have a mission to prep for.

Coulson: This is the mission. It opens. So weird, right?

Skye: N-No!

(baby fussing)

May: Sacrifices have to be made. Poison tree, poison fruit.

Coulson: I know. Bye-bye, angel eyes.

Skye: No, wait, wait! Don't leave her! Coulson, May! Wait! - Coulson!​

Angel eyes. I didn't hear it properly and thought it was a name.

Agree with Silvermoon about it's meaning. Skye will have to make a choice between her father and Shield (her surrogate family).

Are we talking about the same Calvin Zabo?

Granted, I've long since stopped collecting comics and may not be up to date on his story - a lot of what I'm mentioning here comes from wikis -, but he has NEVER come across to me as an emotional mess, let alone have that much a split personality. Quite the contrary, actually: as Zabo, he is as much an amoral a** as he is as Mr Hyde, the gist of the change all coming down to trading Zabo's gifted intellect to Hyde's strength and savagery. He robbed several hospitals to finance his research of the Hyde formula, sold a derivative of that as a street drug e had Daisy as an oops with a *prostitute*. He is but a blip in Daisy's story, a means of justifying her quake powers, and doesn't play a role in her life beyond that. 616 Calvin Zabo wouldn't give a minute of his day to find a missing daughter of his, let alone 20 years.

I don't buy the Hyde/Daisy theory. At all.

Yeah, but we're talking about MCU Zabo, who may be quite a bit different than the guy we've seen getting popped by Daredevil wearing old-timey duds. Zabo fits with Absorbing Man and Deathlok as well-known longtime Marvel characters that probably don't have a film career ahead of them.

If they didn't keep bringing up the doctor's anger issues, I'd vote for the Libra/Mantis combo, as Skye seems closer to the Celestial Madonna and her limited telepathic powers would fit better on the show than a powerhouse like Quake. Maybe the father daughter pairing on the show is Zabo/Mantis?

Yeah, but we're talking about MCU Zabo, who may be quite a bit different than the guy we've seen getting popped by Daredevil wearing old-timey duds. Zabo fits with Absorbing Man and Deathlok as well-known longtime Marvel characters that probably don't have a film career ahead of them.

If they didn't keep bringing up the doctor's anger issues, I'd vote for the Libra/Mantis combo, as Skye seems closer to the Celestial Madonna and her limited telepathic powers would fit better on the show than a powerhouse like Quake. Maybe the father daughter pairing on the show is Zabo/Mantis?

The MCU hasn't been afraid of taking liberties with characters, so Papa Doctor may very well be the MCU version of Mr. Hyde.

See, I'm skeptical about Skye being an actual comics character. A new comic book coming late December will introduce versions of May, Fitz, Simmons and Skye into Marvel's 616 comicverse, and it makes no sense to have Skye be a known CB character on the show and not on the comics. It also severely limits the options for her father's identity, as they always come down to either Hyde/Daisy or Libra/Mantis.

Oh, and Hyde doesn't have anger issues that I recall, using a wristband that injects the formula into his bloodstream when he wants to become Hyde.

The MCU hasn't been afraid of taking liberties with characters, so Papa Doctor may very well be the MCU version of Mr. Hyde.

That's on the level of too much liberty IMO, though. Mandarin level of that.

See, I'm skeptical about Skye being an actual comics character. A new comic book coming late December will introduce versions of May, Fitz, Simmons and Skye into Marvel's 616 comicverse, and it makes no sense to have Skye be a known CB character on the show and not on the comics. It also severely limits the options for her father's identity, as they always come down to either Hyde/Daisy or Libra/Mantis.

I would agree, if Papa didn't say "That's not her name" on multiple occasions when Skye's name was mentioned. Though it may screw the upcoming comic book, I think Ms. Bennett's character has to have a name recognizable at least to fans of the comic books.

I would agree, if Papa didn't say "That's not her name" on multiple occasions when Skye's name was mentioned. Though it may screw the upcoming comic book, I think Ms. Bennett's character has to have a name recognizable at least to fans of the comic books.

The producers continue to say that she is s known character

That's on the level of too much liberty IMO, though. Mandarin level of that.
Not really. From what I can see on the wikis, Whitehall doesn't seem to be all that much like his comic book counterpart either, for example.

Besides, most people think of "Hyde" in terms of "Jekyll and Hyde", who did have a split personality, and (as Hyde) anger issues. So it would at least be justified to refer to a similar type of character as being "Mr. Hyde" in a literary reference sense.

The producers continue to say that she is s known character
Link please.

BTW, anyone else hear "blue angels" and think of these guys:
300px-Blueangelsformationpd.jpg

Not really. From what I can see on the wikis, Whitehall doesn't seem to be all that much like his comic book counterpart either, for example.

Like I said, that's just my opinion. And 616 Whitehall's backstory and characterization don't have nearly the same weight as 616 Hyde does, with the former having been created a mere 5 years ago, in 2009, while the latter has been around since the 60s.

Besides, most people think of "Hyde" in terms of "Jekyll and Hyde", who did have a split personality, and (as Hyde) anger issues. So it would at least be justified to refer to a similar type of character as being "Mr. Hyde" in a literary reference sense.

That's fair enough.

Here's the dialogue between Mac & Bobbi on the Quinjet as best as I could make out (if it helps with the discussion at all):

Mac: So, you and Hunter...again.

Bobbie: I know

Mac: Been through it enough times...

Bobbie: I know.

Mac:...gluttons for punishment I'd say.

Bobbie: Let's not go down this road, okay? You're a big brother but you're not my big brother.

Mac: Your personal life, that's your business. I'm just wondering if it means bringing Hunter in on the other thing.

Bobbie: That?! No.

Mac: I figured after we lost Hartley you'd try to...

Bobbie: No, he has no idea. And I'd like it to stay that way.

Mac: Copy that.​

Might this have something to do with the West Coast Avengers....:hmm

It kinda sounds hokey to call them that,but she and Hawkeye were members in the comic and they could do a MCU/TV equivalent....

Might this have something to do with the West Coast Avengers....:hmm

It kinda sounds hokey to call them that,but she and Hawkeye were members in the comic and they could do a MCU/TV equivalent....

I think that "the other thing" is Stark related, whether it be WCA or some other type of relationship. Is Bobbi reporting back to Stark/Hill on Coulson's interaction with SHIELD? Is she going to be on Team Stark during CA:CW? A RDJ appearance to link AOS with A:AOU has the potential to top last year's excellent AOS/CA:TWS crossover involving Fury, Hill and Sitwell.

so do you think the Terigen bomb will go off and we will have Inhumans popping up all over the place?

Eh, I think the dream is more simple than that, I don't think it's very complicated. To me (at least for now) I don't think it's much more than Skye seeing the team (of which Coulson and May are the head of) as her family - a place where she's finally found a home. Them leaving the baby the way they did in her dream is her own fear that they'll abandon her/not want her anymore because of who her father is (the "poison tree, poison fruit" line) and/or what she is/might become

I think we'll later see a similar flashback with Skyes parents replacing Phil and May, saying and doing the same thing with baby Skye. She'll have a music box and be wearing a little flower dress (Raina always wears flower dresses because the Doctor raised her as his own, dressing her in flowered clothing as a "replacement" for Skye). Also, if you noticed, Coulson was holding a chinese newspaper in the dream. I think they hide baby Skye from Hydra, leaving her alone. "Poison tree, poison fruit" could refer to her mother being "different" and is scared of passing on the genes, meaning if Hydra found out, they might come back for Skye. Her mom probably let herself be captured to protect Skye from being found/taken. SHIELD agents will probably hear her cry and rescue her. Daddy will come back and see that they're both missing, later finding the mom in the forest. That's my take on the dream anyway.

See, I'm skeptical about Skye being an actual comics character. A new comic book coming late December will introduce versions of May, Fitz, Simmons and Skye into Marvel's 616 comicverse, and it makes no sense to have Skye be a known CB character on the show and not on the comics.

It's a separate universe. It makes as much sense as John Garrett being a Hydra agent (and dead) or Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash being the same person. The writers of the show aren't writing for the comic, and I suspect Mark Waid isn't privy to their plans. They're adaptations of each other, but they don't have to perfectly sync.

I know Skye was on the cover of SHIELD #1 but in all the interviews and promo art since Skye isn't mentioned or seen. Maybe Mark Waid got wind of who Skye is and decided not to use her for the time being.

So people are referring to this song as Daisy Bell. But over here in the UK it's known as Daisy, Daisy.

And that sounds like a huge tease for Skye's real identity. I tried to freeze the screen to see if they were daisies on her dress but couldn't tell. They didn't really look like.

So people are referring to this song as Daisy Bell. But over here in the UK it's known as Daisy, Daisy.

And that sounds like a huge tease for Skye's real identity. I tried to freeze the screen to see if they were daisies on her dress but couldn't tell. They didn't really look like.

It was all different flowers, but I didn't see any of the traditional white petal, yellow centre daisies. It would have been a nice touch, but maybe they didn't want to give us eater egg overload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"