Your favourite acting performances?

Yeah and also in "O Lucky Man" and "Time after Time".
H.G Wells vs Jack The Ripper (David Warner). Good stuff.

Just last night I watched Psycho for the first time in a long time. I have to say that after watching Perkins in that, it's up there as one of my favorite performances.

Last edited:

Yea Cage has had a lot of great performances. It does truly baffle the mind when people say he is a crap actor.

Have you seen the new Bad Lieutenant yet?

Yea Cage has had a lot of great performances. It does truly baffle the mind when people say he is a crap actor.

Have you seen the new Bad Lieutenant yet?

Not yet, I'll have to add it to my Netflix cue. In fact I'll do that right now while i'm on lunch.

Yeah, he is a good actor, it's just after hearing about his financial problems...I can see why he started taking so many crappy roles.

edit: hahaha. It was already in my que, must have added it earlier in the week. I should be getting the Wicker Man remake tomorrow. That one is mainly for laughs since I heard he really goes a bit overboard with his acting.

Last edited:
Just last night I watched Psycho for the first time in a long time. I have to say that after watching Perkins in that, it's up there as one of my favorite performances.
Watched it again also a couple days ago and I was once again blown away by the modernity and subtlety of Perkins' performance. One of my favorites of all time as well.

Easily the single greatest piece of acting in the history of the modern performing arts:

Nicolas Cage - Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
badlieutenantnicolascag.jpg

Easily the single greatest piece of acting in the history of the modern performing arts:

Nicolas Cage - Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans
badlieutenantnicolascag.jpg

Totally. IMO one of the greatest acting performances ever.

The three leads in Rebel Without a Cause
Olivia Hussey in Romeo and Juliet
Jeni Courtney in The Secret of Roan Inish
Linda Manz in Days of Heaven
Humphrey Bogart and Martha Vickers in The Big Sleep
William Powell and Myrna Loy in the Thin Man series
Leandra Leal in The Oyster and the Wind
Amelia Shankley in A Little Princess

Mark Ruffalo, Sir Ben Kingsley and Leonardo Di Caprio in "Shutter Island". In that order.

Mel Gibson as Max Rockatansky, and as Hamlet.

Donnellys was a fantastic show and completely underappreciated. It was one of the shows I was more sad to see go.

yea, i wish we could've at least seen a better ending instead of the cliffhanger they gave us with his mother gettin shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"