Your most anticipated Phase 3 film?

OnTheAir

Wakandan Ambassador
Staff member
Reaction score
Which film are you most looking forward to in Phase 3?

Which film are you looking forward to the least?

(Please keep in mind: Kevin Feige said during his presentation that Ant Man is no longer the beginning of Phase 3...it is now the final film in Phase 2. Phase 3 will now begin with Captain America: Civil War.)

In order of most to least anticipated:

Thor: Ragnarok
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Inhumans
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Infinity War Part I
Infinity War Part II
Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

Unlike most, I've really enjoyed the Thor movies, which is funny because he isn't even close to one of my favorites from the comics. Also, I'm really looking forward to Dr. Strange and how he can (hopefully) introduce magic into the MCU.

I'm really NOT looking forward to GotG2. I loved the first one, but I'm not really sure how they can replicate the success. Plus, it doesn't really tie in to the rest of the MCU (except Thanos), which is what I truly enjoy about the movies.

In order from most to least:

Infinity War I & II
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Captain Marvel
Inhumans

Not looking foward to them making Iron Man essentially the villain and become Marvel's whipping boy like they did in the comics. He was most hated for a couple of years until the first movie came out. Now this has the potential to undo all of that.

Avengers: Infinity War
Black Panther
Inhumans
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange

The Thor films are also among my favorites. Ragnarok easily tops my list. I believe Marvel knows what's at stake with Thor and will surprise us with something special. Can't wait to see Surtur and more of the Nine Realms. Marvel is going to have to bring in the big league CGI teams on this one.

Black Panther is a rad character and I think Boseman was perfect casting. So happy he was chosen.

Guardians 2 could go pretty much anywhere. Hopefully it introduces Adam Warlock and builds on the Kree and Xandar back stories perhaps leading up to the introduction of characters like Nova and Mar-Vell. Wouldn't mind seeing characters like Moondragon, Mantis, and Quasar - Wendell Vaughn that is. Can't stand Phyla-Vell.

Captain Marvel would normally take the bottom spot for me but I'm hopeful at the very least that it includes Mar-Vell of the Kree. If confirmed my interest will increase greatly.

Doctor Strange seems like the riskiest one to me. Also I'm not sold on the director. He doesn't have the greatest resume. If they land Cumberbatch though things are definitely looking up.

Not sure what to think of Civil War but I'm sure it's only loosely based on the comic series and after Winter Soldier I can't wait to see what the Russos do with Iron Man. I just hope they keep the right balance. This is Cap's film and I don't want Tony Stark to overshadow that.

(1) Captain America: Civil War
(2) Avengers: Infinity War
(3) Thor Ragnerok
(4) Captain Marvel
(5) Black Panther
(6) Guardians of the Galaxy 2
(7) Doctor Strange
(8) Inhumans

Last edited:
Doctor Strange for me not including the Infinity War films.

1) Black Panther - T'challa has always been one of my favorite comic heroes, and I am eager to see him done justice on the big screen.

2) Captain Marvel - Never really followed Carol Danvers in the comics, but I loved how she was done in the Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. So yeah, I look forward to this film. Plus it's time to see how Marvel handles a feature film featuring a female superhero.

3) Thor Ragnarok - Get this right Marvel. Make up for the misstep that was The Dark World (though I do think it wasn't that bad), and give us a film that lives up to that title. Make it epic, and make it tragic. The Norse Myths did not pussyfoot around, and neither should you.

Honorable Mention: Captain America: Civil War - I am still leery how adapting what I consider one of worst Marvel event stories is going to pan out. Still, with the Russo Brothers directing again, there's a chance it may turn out good like The Winter Soldier. Fingers crossed on this one.

I'm looking forward to all of them obviously, but if I had to chose it goes in this order of most to least anticipated:

Black Panther
Infinity War Part I
Infinity War Part II
Doctor Strange
Inhumans
Captain Marvel

I've been dying for a Black Panther movie for years now, so that announcement on Tuesday got me more excited than anything.
Not looking foward to them making Iron Man essentially the villain and become Marvel's whipping boy like they did in the comics. He was most hated for a couple of years until the first movie came out. Now this has the potential to undo all of that.
They've already made it clear that it will be quite different from the comics, so I don't see foresee that happening.

From Higest to Lowest
Black Panther
Avengers Infinity Wars Part 1
Avengers Infinity Wars Part 2
Captain America Civil War
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange.
Inhumans

IDK what to think of the Inhumans right now maybe as it gets closer I will get hyped about it.

I'm putting Civil War at the top of my list for 3 reasons:

1.) It's on my 21st birthday.
2.) It's going to set the landscape for Phase 3, as it's the first film scheduled in that Phase.
3.) As a professional wrestling fan, you get excited to see something you don't see very often. That includes faces vs faces, and heels vs heels. This past February, WWE booked their top 2 heel factions, the Wyatt Family and the Shield, to face off against each other, and the hype for that match was very very high up, because it made the audience pick sides, and created even more anticipation as to how the match would end.

Civil War is going to do the exact same thing, in that it's going to pit the top 2 Avengers against each other, and not only make their fellow Avengers pick sides, but also make the world pick sides, as they anticipate the finish (even though there's a comic book blueprint that gives you insight as to how the movie will likely end).

In a way, it's the superhero equivalent to Team Edward VS Team Jacob, except it's WAAAAAYYY more awesome.

I've been thinking about it a lot. Honestly, I can't choose. I'm looking forward to every single one of them with the intensity.

596033.jpg

Nothing can contain my excitement for Infinity War I & II, but out of the new franchises, I'm most excited for Black Panther.

In order of excitement:

1. Infinity War I & II
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Black Panther
6. Doctor Strange
7. Captain Marvel
8. Inhumans

From most to least

Avengers: Infinity War Parts 1 &2
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
GOTG 2
Captain Marvel
Inhumans

Honestly a lot harder than I expected. All of them have insane potential.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2. Inhumans
3. Black Panther
4. Doctor Strange

Most to least

1. Infinity War (1+2) + Black Panther
2. Guardians 2 + Inhumans
3. Doctor Strange
4. Civil War, Thor 3, Captain Marvel

My top 5:

1) Black Panther
2) Captain America: Civil War
3) Dr. Strange
4) Avengers: Infinity War 1 and 2
5) Inhumans/Captain Marvel

Really, I'm very excited about phase 3 entirely but Black Panther, Civil War and Dr. Strange I've been dreaming about forever.

what no poll??

for me:
-CA3
-CM
-A:IW
-Thor3
-GOTG2
-BP
-Dr. S
-Inhumans

Yes, I'm sure Marvel's plan is "let's take our top grossing character and turn him into an unlikeable assclown"
In the comics he wasn't very popular, so there was no hesitation on the publishing end
Marvel studios will, surely, approach it differently

Last edited:
Infinity War Part II
Infinity War Part I
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Inhumans

If GOTG2 winds up adding Hulk to the cast in a variation on the Planet Hulk story, as has been rumored, then GOTG2: PH shoots up to 4th place on my list behind CACW.

Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 & 2
Captain Marvel
Inhumans
Doctor Strange

Which film are you most looking forward to in Phase 3?

Which film are you looking forward to the least?

(Please keep in mind: Kevin Feige said during his presentation that Ant Man is no longer the beginning of Phase 3...it is now the final film in Phase 2. Phase 3 will now begin with Captain America: Civil War.)

Guardians

Avengers: Infinity War - A movie 15/17 movies building up to it is going to be epic as hell.
Captain Marvel - Second favorite character in the comics. I've been dyign to see this movie for years.
Black Panther - T'Challa is a bad ass, and this is bound to be crazy.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - The first one was incredible. I have no doubt this will continue suit.
Captain America: Civil War - I'm a bit worried about the source storyline, but I trust the Russos after TWS.
Doctor Strange - I'm super excited for this movie. It only placed this low because my excitement for other movies is a bit higher.
Thor: Ragnarok - This could go either very well, or very poorly. Dump Darcy and Jane Foster and up the inclusion of Sif and the Warriors 3.
Inhumans - I love them in the comics, but I'm not entirely sure how they'll fit into everything, especially with it being sandwiched in between Avengers 3 and 4.

1. Inhumans
2. Black Panther
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. and 5. Avengers Infinity War Part I & Avengers Infinity War Part II

Last edited:
Infinity War Pt. 1&2
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Inhumans
Captain Marvel

At the moment if I had to choose one it would be black panther but captain marvel is also something I am interested in seeing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"