Your Theory on Attractiveness

I suppose.Physical atraction is very important,these days it's almost the only reason.But on a mental and spiritual level,is also important.

I have this theory, and I want to try to illustrate it. I'm not trying to make an argument about myself, or really trying to necessarily say this is the way it is, but I do want to throw this out there.

I've come to the conclusion that being attractive is almost totally in how one presents themselves. We'll say 95% of it is presentation, 5% is actually some sort of objective looks or physicality.

Allow me to explain. A couple weeks ago I met Bill Clinton for the second time this year. He was Christmas shopping, or at least what passes for that when you're as famous as he is, downtown in our "Slave" Market (it's an old slave market that's now a regular flee market -- he wasn't buying slaves, sadly).

Now of course his "shopping" includes being mobbed by a cast of thousands, having tons of secret service with him, signing autographs, speaking with townsfolk, campaigning for his wife and having a living wallet who goes around and buys things on his behalf. It was pretty surreal watching how this man, who was really no more special than I was, lived.

Anyways, as you can imagine at least half the crowd that was trying to shake his hand were women, and they were all going nuts. Like Brad Pitt nuts. Like young Paul Newman nuts. Like Christian Bale nuts. Nuts. They were fanning themselves. Some called their girlfriends on their phones to gush over being "five people" away from the President. I heard at least three or four "OMG:wow: He's cho handsome"s from women in the crowd. Keep in mind, this is what President Clinton looked like in his younger years...
clinton_bill_hillary_young.jpg

Not exactly Brad Pitt or Christian Bale to say the least. Also, who is that man standing next to him? Eh...moving right along.

So I work my way throw the crowd. Finally I get to him and shake his hand. I say "Hello, my name is Mike, I work for your wife's campaign". "You do" he says, "where do you live?" I tell him I lived right there in town. I also told him how much I enjoyed it. He thanked me. Now as we're having our brief exchange, a girl, maybe 18 or 17 is trying to wedge in between us. I do my gentlemanly duty and say "Mr. President, I think this young lady wants to meet you" and I step aside and let her in my place. She shakes his hand, says nothing and just freezes. She lets go and is just in awe of her hand. She's on her cellphone at the time and can't believe she's just touched the Presidents own hand.

"I touched him Becky, I can't believe I just touched him!" She exclaims to her friend.

So now that a whole army of woman have forced me into an uncomfortable rock and a hard place and climb on an adjacent table and make my way out of the crowd.

Of course I collect myself, go home, tell my parents of the excitement.

Although, now that I'd met him twice, I'd really had time to reflect. The first time, I'd been as taken by his pressence as everyone else. This time I was calm, even noticed he was about an inch or so shorter than I. I noticed I had broader shoulders, and really realized he wasn't the immortal figure he seemed the last time. What really struck me though was how well presented he was. His hair wasn't combed, it was flawless, like a sculpture. His skin was without a blemish. His eyes contact and manner of speaking was something to be admired. He was charming. He was well mannered, showed no signs of irritability or weakness. Above all else, every move he made, right down to those little gestures and reflexes you and I take for granted, seemed premeditated and at the same time all too natural for him.

So this got me thinking, not just about myself, but about others. Attractiveness; in Clinton's case didn't seem to be from six pack abs or a killer face. No, Clinton's a true diamond in the rough if I've ever seen one. Yet for all his faults that I could list or figure out, he displayed none of them in public. He could charm the paint off the ceilings in that place. He probably could have even gotten some of those women to sell themselves as slaves in that old market. Not on his looks, just on his pure, unadulterated charisma.

So I guess my question that comes from all this is, could you take someone from this site: a Fran, a Radiant Dawn, a TOB, a Kel , me, J Alba's Lover??? and make them attractive in a way that would be incredibly appealing to most. Is it in the presentation, like they say it is with food sometimes, or is it actually objectively what you got that matters?

Pheromones honey, pheromones.

I've come to the conclusion that being attractive is almost totally in how one presents themselves. We'll say 95% of it is presentation, 5% is actually some sort of objective looks or physicality.

It's the confidence and charm given off. .

Attrativeness physically is one thing

Having an attractive aura is completely different

It just goes to show that looks really aren't everything.

All of this is correct. The body & face may turn heads initially but it's a person's charisma & personality that keeps their calendars' full. Discussions like this always call to mind a guy that I knew in both high school and college. He was short, rather portly, not particularly smart but he had this intangible quality. The result was that he always a gaggle of women following him.

^^You actually used 'gaggle' in a sentence. I think that is a Hype first! :up:

I agree with SB. I had the biggest crush for a man once who was not attractive, really, at all. He kinda looked like a rat in the face. But man was he confident, funny, had style, and walked with that swagger. (Part of it was that he was slightly bow legged and pigeon toed. :o) :up:

Personally, charm has a lot to do with it. If they are a nice, respectful person, it goes a long way. Several of my club members at school are quite young and attractive but they have a snobby attitude. I wouldnt date them for anything. Yet my older, average looking co-workers are much more attractive to me. Why? Because we get along. We can just talk to each other. There is no eye rolling or forced "Hi"s.

Lol at Wil and S79 :D

seriously though . . . I would have thought Hillary Clinton would have been mildly attractive when she was younger for some reason . . .

Lol at Wil and S79 :D

seriously though . . . I would have thought Hillary Clinton would have been mildly attractive when she was younger for some reason . . .

That's why I've found that thinking is a bad habit. Personally it gives me a headache. :woot:

My biggest question for Bill: Why man??? Why???

^well . . . . I doubt Bill was quite as big a pimp then but still . . .

Confidence and charm are good thing, but in this case, I'm going to say it had more to do with money/power/fame. If Bill was just an ordinary joe, the women would not be flocking around him.

But when you see a girl's face and can't tell that from the booty...something is wrong.

While there is a generally accepted standard of attractiveness that jives with a majority of men and women out there, what sets the rest of us apart are the things that go beyond that "first glance." All you'd have to do is read the work of Erik von Markovik or Neil Strauss to realize that what gives the impression of attractiveness is far more than someone's base physical appearance. The layers of personality, confidence and style that make up your "avatar" is what makes you attractive. Demonstration of higher value by men (i.e. power, proof of relationship prowess) ignites hard-wired responses from women because basic instinct is attraction to those things.

In Clinton's case, it's not about him being a tremendously handsome guy. His basic looks are average at best, but his mannerisms and charm make him "sexy" to women. When you add in the fact that he's been in a position of power, he's shown proof of being desired by other women, and yet he's still maintained a marriage, you have a recipe for a man who wields power with women.

If you go out with friends or a wingman dressed a style that's not overdone but with something that can set you apart (a cool hat, chain, or ring,) don't stand in a corner like a stalker, approach different pods and pairs of people and can open and storytell with effective banter, you will come off as popular, open, relatable and desirable to the women that are present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"