Your top 5 comicbook film scenes ever!

darkseid26

Sidekick
Reaction score
name your top 5 comicbook scenes.

1. Superman turns back time by flying around earth.
2. Iron man goes to Afghanistan, to save the villagers from the Ten rings
3. Interrogation room in the dark knight.
4. X2, nightcrawler in the white house
5. spider-man, "i am man"

1. Batman and Joker interrogation room scene in The Dark Knight
2. Spider-Man vs Doc Ock on the clock tower/train in Spider-Man 2
3. The truck/Bat-Pod/Armoured car chase in The Dark Knight
4. Iron Man in Afghanistan in Iron Man
5. The build up sequence to Joker crashing Harvey Dent's party in The Dark Knight

name your top 5 comicbook scenes.

1. Superman turns back time by flying around earth.
2. Iron man goes to Afghanistan, to save the villagers from the Ten rings
4. X2, nightcrawler in the white house
5. spider-man, "i am man"
Well... I think we all realized this.

1) 'Iron Man' ~ Any moment with Robert and Gwyneth on-screen, awesome.
2) 'The Dark Knight' ~ Gordon's first encounter with Two-Face.
3) 'Spider-Man 2' ~ Spider-Man stops the moving train.
4) 'X-Men' ~ "What do they call you, Wheels?"
5) 'Daredevil' ~ Bullseye kills Elektra, really saw the best issue of the comic-book come to life at this moment.

easy thread

5.hulk in desert from 'hulk'
4.last five minutes of superman 2
3.wolverine cage fight in x-men
2.from mj kiss to end of final swing in spiderman
1.Batman suiting up for the first time in mask of the phantasm

i honestly defy anyone to beat the mask of the phantasm scene, that lil pause bruce gives before he dons the mask is beautiful, you feel the last essence and hope for a normal life leave him as he is consumed by the bat. Alfred's eyes, the music, it's all completely and utterly perfect.

i honestly defy anyone to beat the mask of the phantasm scene, that lil pause bruce gives before he dons the mask is beautiful, you feel the last essence and hope for a normal life leave him as he is consumed by the bat. Alfred's eyes, the music, it's all completely and utterly perfect.

[YT]EUsVwW_gEno[/YT]
:o

1. The Crow- taunting Gideon at the pawn shop
2. The Dark Knight- Joker has a talk with Dent in the hospital
3. Iron Man- Iron man in Afghanistan
4. Spiderman 2- Harry loses it and finds the Goblin gear
5. X3- The Danger Room scene (but thats the only good part in the whole movie)

Batman Bias?

5 - Emo Peter returns Harry's Pumkin Bomb to his face (SM3)
4 - Batman fights the Joker's goons in the church's belltower while the Joker dances with Vicki (Batman 89)
3 - The Joker/Batman interregation scene (TDK)
2 - The Joker/Batman car chase(s) (TDK)
1 - The uncut death scene from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

1. The Crow- taunting Gideon at the pawn shop
2. The Dark Knight- Joker has a talk with Dent in the hospital
3. Iron Man- Iron man in Afghanistan
4. Spiderman 2- Harry loses it and finds the Goblin gear
5. X3- The Danger Room scene (but thats the only good part in the whole movie)
Some of my favorite scenes:
The Crow: confronts all the goons in club
Spiderman: Stopping the Train
The Dark Knight: Joker's vanishing pencil joke
300:various fight sequences
The Crow:Gideon's Pawn shop

*honorable mentions:
Hulk(desert fight w/tanks)
SR: lifting the kryptonite rock
X3: Dark Phoenix sequence at end.

the problem in this scene is that it paves no importance to the bat-mythos. It wasn't the reason bruce stopped being batman, if it was, then that would have meant something but it was simply a means to an end to fill a plot of a very good movie.

however the mask of the phatasm scene is ultimately the birth scene of the entire dcau...

the problem in this scene is that it paves no importance to the bat-mythos. It wasn't the reason bruce stopped being batman

It was the reason Tim stopped being Robin. It was the end of Harley Quinn. It was how the Joker learned Batman's secret identity. It was the reason the Joker came back in the future.

yeah, all self contained entities not elaborated on in either the series or holds any value in any other format.

it's essentially a glamourised what-if

the birth of batman though is an important element portrayed time and time again and this was by far the best version. It's also the best version of any superhero opening. The fact he can strike terror into the man who raised him single handedly from a boy means so much.

Spider-Man 2-Train fight scene between Spidey and Doc Ock.
Spider-Man 3-final battle between Spidey, Venom, Sandman, and Harry.
Spider-Man 1-Final battle between Spidey and the Goblin
Iron Man-Iron man getting his classic red and yellow suit and the Afgahanastan scene (I didn't spell that right).
TDK- Joker interrigation scene

I have alot more.

Last edited:
1) "Hows the pie?"

"So Good"

the best bit in Spider-man 3

2) Gideons Pawn Shop scene - the crow

3) Opening of Ironman

4) Helicopter scene in Superman

5) Interrigation scene in the dark knight

Last edited:
1. Superman's scream before turning back time by flying around earth.
2. Wolverine's feral rage in the raid on the Mansion in X2
4. Peter Parker pursues the car-jacker in Spiderman 1
5. The Crow: Eric Draven vs. Tin Tin

Last edited:
5. Wolverine vs. Ryker's men at the X-Mansion : X2
4. Hulk & Betty in the cave : The Incredible Hulk
3. "General, would you care to step outside?" : Superman II
2. Sandman's origin : Spider-Man 3
1. Hulk leaping through the desert : Ang Lee's Hulk

In No Order:

-TDK- Montage of Joker escape/Dent in Hospital/Batman Standing where Rachel Died
-X2- Wolverine unleashing rage in the Mansion
-Spider-man 3- 1st appearance of Sandman
-Spider-man 2- Peter covering John Jameson's party
-The Crow-When Eric kills T-Bird

Honorable Mentions:

Iron Man- Afghanistan
Superman-The telephone booth 1st appearence "Excuse me"
Daredevil- Biker Bar scene
TMNT- Their 1st fight as a team after being split up
Batman-Joker's reveal

The same can be said of the entire animated universe
Still, the scene in MOTP relates to the entire ten years of animated universe material, not to mention the classic Batman mythos in general. Even when viewing that whole universe as a what-if, since MOTP is contained within it, your point doesn't matter. The DCAU is one interpretation of the Batman mythos and it contains the greatest Batman origin story, and the defining moment of Batman's creation.

The reveal in The Joker Returns is just an explaination they came up with to get everything where they needed it for that movie. I always thought it was a pretty weak, painfully forced twist, and that Return of the Joker was a disappointment compared to the rest of the series. I only saw the edited version though, but I'm sure the story is the same. The reveal is definently not iconic in any way.

kinda off from the thread topic so it's in spoiler tags
May I add to that post by also saying, even though the dcau may be seen as an elseworld, batman's creation would be a consistent funnel in all elseworld narratives as a focal point of importance.

While plenty tell tales of his devotion to his cause from an early age and the tradgedy of him losing his parents, none highlight the importance of bruce wayne losing his humanity and his chance for a normal life.

the scene in the cave when he pauses to put on his mask is the last essence of the most important part of us leaving and that is hope, he loses himself to his cause and shuts down any hope for happiness in his life. That moment is directly responsible for why bruce wayne after batman in beyond is a lonely old man incapable of sharing his life and isolating himself from all who love him.

in fairness, every batman story with bruce being dark and broody and untrustworthy could be related back to this point of importance rather than the death of his parents. If not for the disappointment of andrea beaumont, that scene would have played out differently, notice the variations between the night time bruce wayne vigilante and batman as we know today, they are two separate entities, one for hope of a better world and one without it.

for a scene which carries only two words of dialogue, it's amazing how much it actually provides for the genre and entire ethos as a whole. The slight pause, the way his eyes go and the manner to which he disregards alfred's concerns are all beautifully played out to shirley walker's amazing iconic score.

Last edited:
May I add to that post by also saying, even though the dcau may be seen as an elseworld, batman's creation would be a consistent funnel in all elseworld narratives as a focal point of importance..

Couldnt the same be said for the movie adapations? You seem really bent on keeping DCAU off his list. I really dont see the big deal

WTH,I posted in this thread the other day,and now I see my post didn't make it?
Awww,dayum. lol
I had YouTube vids and all aswell.
I remember what they were,I'll post them up later :yay:

TMNT- Their 1st fight as a team after being split up

Are you referring to the scene where the turtles, Splinter, April and Casey are running through a mob of ninjas, seen entirely through one camera shot? Because that's one of the best action sequences of any movie, ever.

Last edited:
Couldnt the same be said for the movie adapations? You seem really bent on keeping DCAU off his list. I really dont see the big deal
filler conversation, please skip if not interested.

as for you cereal killer
I have no problem with adaptations of any kind. however when they all share a common element that is of great importance and can be compared, then the scene i believe holds more value than a dues ex machina.

it's also not about his list, i haven't said anything about anyone's list, it's rather a comparison of those two scenes and which one comes across better.

I'm just discussion the importance of the birth of batman rather than the death of the joker (which may not even be cannon as it isn't recognised in dcau's JL or JLU).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"