Your top 5 comicbook film scenes ever!

Hmmm, let's see...

1. Superman lifts New Krypton into space (Superman Returns)
2. Batman suits up (Batman)
3. Superman confronts General Zod, Ursa and Non on the streets of Metropolis (Superman II)
4. Doc Ock Awakens (Spider-Man 2)
5. The Joker tells his first story (The Dark Knight)

I have a LOT of favorite scenes, but these ones come to mind at the moment, and at least the first 3 are definitive favorites of mine.

Last edited:
5. The build up sequence to Joker crashing Harvey Dent's party in The Dark Knight
Yeah. I think that if I were to start such a list, right now I'd include the entire TDK film—I'd be better off quoting the script, heh. I'll comeback in a couple of months and try and post my own top 5.. until then, just watch TDK (again)!

Just live-action...

1. The Turtles meditate at the campfire. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 1990)

2. T-Bird zigs when he should have zagged. (The Crow, 1994)

3. Daredevil squares off against Wilson Fisk/"One man can make a difference" speech. (Daredevil, 2003)

4. Wolverine kills Jean Grey. (goto hell, I like X3, 2006)

5. Spiderman acts like a dick to Connors, enjoys cookies. (Spider-Man 3, 2007)

This will have to more like the first 5 top moments that come to mind for me. I could happily mull this over for some time.

In no particular order,

The Interrogation Room sequence (The Dark Knight)
The Final Swing (Spider-Man)
The response Superman receives upon exiting the shuttle (Superman Returns)
Nightcrawler's attack in the White House (X2)
Batman's First Appearance (Batman)

firetruck is from the second one, the greatness he's talking about is the crane loop-de-loop swing

I like both, but favor the first. The second involves up great imagery of the self-sacrificing hero going to help save the day, amidst the police cars and rescue teams, but the first always struck me as just pure fun Spidey; swinging around the city, effortlessly displaying great feats of agility and style. It's more powerful to me, in that it's not trying to say as much as the second, yet still conjures up a great deal of what I've loved about the character since I was a child.

I like both, but favor the first. The second involves up great imagery of the self-sacrificing hero going to help save the day, amidst the police cars and rescue teams, but the first always struck me as just pure fun Spidey; swinging around the city, effortlessly displaying great feats of agility and style. It's more powerful to me, in that it's not trying to say as much as the second, yet still conjures up a great deal of what I've loved about the character since I was a child.
very true, although the second one seemed less free and more constrained as well, maybe because they tried to be more realistic with it.

the first one seems completely unhinged and is the closest to replicating the freedom that comes with webswinging. It especially works well considering the first film shows us how bad he was to start off with and he's gone full circle with it.

the only bad part about it is the way he swings into the camera right at the end, meh...

Still, the scene in MOTP relates to the entire ten years of animated universe material, not to mention the classic Batman mythos in general. Even when viewing that whole universe as a what-if, since MOTP is contained within it, your point doesn't matter. The DCAU is one interpretation of the Batman mythos and it contains the greatest Batman origin story, and the defining moment of Batman's creation.

The reveal in The Joker Returns is just an explaination they came up with to get everything where they needed it for that movie. I always thought it was a pretty weak, painfully forced twist, and that Return of the Joker was a disappointment compared to the rest of the series. I only saw the edited version though, but I'm sure the story is the same. The reveal is definently not iconic in any way.

I don't remember much of Mask of the Phantasm. I finally got around to watching it in college 10 years ago. It was much better than anything WB was doing with Batman at the time, but nothing in the film made me say "holy **** that was cool".

I don't remember much of Mask of the Phantasm. I finally got around to watching it in college 10 years ago. It was much better than anything WB was doing with Batman at the time, but nothing in the film made me say "holy **** that was cool".
Well then you should have turned the volume up during the credits and rocked out to Tia Carrere's "I Never Even Told You". I do.

The chick from Wayne's World? She is pleasing to the eyes, but her music lacks that with regard to the ears

1. Superman lifts the boat from the water(Superman Returns)
2. Jean's sacrifice(X2)
3. Makeshift Batsignal/Batman sits ontop the pillar(Batman Begins)
4. Batman's theme ending(Batman89)
5. Spidey catches back up to the train(Spiderman 2)(The entire train sequence was amazing)

Last edited:
5) Dark Peter Parker vs Harry Osborn at Harry's place - Spider-Man 3
4) April's voiceover scenes in the first TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3) Nightcrawler in the White House. Teleporters own. - X2
2) The first Spartan battle at the choke point. Phalanxes own. - 300
1) "I'm like a dog chasing cars... I wouldn't know what to do with one if I got one!" - The Dark Knight

Other Superhuman experiences I cherish.

3) Sam Jackson kicking Hayden Christansen's behind in his apartment - Jumper
2) Hancock running from the hospital - Hancock
1) The Parr family battles side-by-side in the jungle. - The Incredibles

There are simply too many to name, it'll be hard to name just 5, hell 5 bits from Hellboy 2 and TDK alone immediatly come to mind, but i'll try:

1)Jean's Sacrifice at the end of X2
2)After almost dying, Superman flies above the clouds to be bathed in sunlight in SR
3)The armoured car chase involving the tumbler and batpod in TDK
4) All desert scene's in Hulk (2003)
5)Hellboy and the rest of the BPRD vs The Golden Army and Nuada.

Honestly, that was just too hard, as there are so many. The Spiderman movies, The Blade movies, Transformers, and a whole HOST of other CB movies contain bits i absolutely just love.

I chose mine based on the reaction I had when I saw them.

Chase scene/ birth of the Batpod- The Dark Knight
Final swing scene- spider-man 1
"You made me!!!" Batman 89
batman-michael-keaton-jack-nocholson-joker-marvel-comics.jpg

The first time Clark opens the shirt and flies away- Superman the movie
Supesshirt.JPG

and last but not least.
The first time you see the turtles in their live action movie. When Leo jumps out. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
300px-Teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles.jpg

1. Superman's scream before turning back time by flying around earth.
2. Spiderman stops the train in SM2.
3. Cop says "move and your dead" to the Crow... Crow says "I thought the cops say 'freeze'"... cop says, "I say, move and your dead"... Crow says, "well I say that I'm dead, and I move".
4. Superman stops the plane from crashing
5. Nightcrawler v. Secret Service

Honorable mention: The moment that I realized that Clown was John Leguizamo, who was walking around in a squat position.

Last edited:
1. The Dark Knight (The entire hospital scene)
2. Spiderman 2 (Train battle)
3. Iron Man ( Defeating the Ten Rings)
4. X-Men 2 (Nightcrawler White House scene
5. Leonardo vs Raphael (TMNT)

In no order:

Watching over Earth-Superman Returns

The Rooftop Meeting-Batman Begins

Eric Draven and Albrecht in the Apartment (one of, if not the most moving scenes in comic film history)

He's Back!-Spider-Man 2

Interrogation Room Scene-The Dark Knight

Eric Draven and Albrecht in the Apartment (one of, if not the most moving scenes in comic film history)
I was going to put that and would have it were the most emotional scenes ever, but went the way someone else here explained it, the scenes that had the most impact the first time I watched. You're right, though.

See, there are simply too many scene's that have different value to narrow it down to just 5, I actually feel guilty I didnt include scene's from movies like The Crow, Spiderman 2 and other greats.

Aeghast
That's another winner, right there

Someone else mentioned it first on this thread... but I agree. Just wanted to give props (though I am too lazy to click back and specify who it was).

[YT]t3EAwaX17sw&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]cnFJiEPxwbg[/YT]

[YT]K2AkZ3akTZ4&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]CinkROFlBSE[/YT]

I actually didn't like all that many scene from TDK tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"