Hype Board Junkie
Reaction score
IGN review 9/10.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/829/829301p1.html

1up also gave it a 9/10.
Zack and Wiki review
October 24th, 2007
A portion of a 1up review…
…and if it isn’t the best game for the system, it’s at least the most “must-play” Wii experience next to Wii Sports. It’s unmatched as a cognitively and creatively challenging experience, and just about anyone can pick it up and enjoy and appreciate it for what it does…even if they won’t get very far.
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3163925

Only $39.99! Buy It!!

Yea, I want it.

Many reviews have said that it's excrusiatingly difficult at some parts.

More review scores from Game Rankings.

IGN - 9/10
Gamespot - 8.5/10
Game Informer - 8.2/10
Nintendo Power - 9/10
Play Magazine - 8/10
1up - 9/10

Looks like the Wii has it's first real AAA third party game. :up:

i got it... its a bit weird... and kind of hard. I dont think i've played a game like this before....not sure if thats good or bad yet

It's a throwback to the great P&C Adventures of the past....you know "King's Quest" "Maniac Mansion" "Day of the Tentacle" "Willy Beamish" or "Indiana Jones & The Temple of Atlantis."

I LOVED those days. PC point & Click Adventures were always hard, challenging, but when you figured out a puzzle, the feeling of accomplishment wasn't matched anywhere. :up:

I think I have to get this - not only to support good 3rd party games sales. I've liked those point & click thingies always, even though they were insanely hard at times - where you basically had to try everything you was carrying with something you encountered - and in my opinion that isn't exactly the right way to go around creating problems for solving.

I had almost complitely missed this game because you get tons of really awful crap on Wii and this didn't stick out in any way - except when the reviews started to come. This is exactly Nintendo's problem - they don't advertise games. Never have. They trust that the consumers do the work for them.

I mean, I could easily imagine parents liking this game too. It would be challenging and they could play it with their kids. But do they know that this is such a game? Heck no. They should advertise this as a puzzle game for the entire family and not just squeeze it out and onto the shelves.

I can imagine that the development group that made this game will face the same fate that happened to Clover which made the amazing Okami - which no-one bought because it just looked weird on the shelves.

Actually Capcom is to blame for the lack of publicity, not Nintendo.

It is a shame really. It is a top notch fun and challenging adventure. :up:

Actually Capcom is to blame for the lack of publicity, not Nintendo.

True there, I suppose. Still, as a lifelong Nintendo fanboy, I can't agree with their advertising at all. I mean, when Metroid Prime 3 was coming out I didn't see anything besides the nice reviews, and I wonder how many will miss this game entirely because they don't read games magazines or check reviews online.

Even 10% of the publicity that Halo 3 had before the release would've done wonders. Anyways, I'm guessing the Wii is doing a bit more than just OK, but can't entirely shake off the Gamecube memories.

I actually saw a bunch of tv commercials for Metriod and for Super Mario galaxy....and even Zelda. Nintendo does do a lot of advertising...but for their own games

I'm thinking about getting this too, but I don't think I should. I'm still working on TP and SMG.

-TNC

I might pick this up after reading the lukewarm reviews for Assassin's Creed, but will probably wait till after Christmas, still haven't finished Super Paper Mario and just got Batallion Wars and Mario Galaxy, so those three should keep me busy till at least Christmas.

ok...I beat this game the day before Super Mario Galaxy came out. I was determined to beat it in time...lol.

I gotta say....the last three levels of this game get really epic and intense. It had a windwalker vibe to me....visually.

Yea, not only is it one of the best third party games on the Wii, but it is one of the best games in general on the Wii.

If you ever enjoyed any classic P&C Adventures, then you'll love this one.:woot:

Thanks my GF bought it... i might just as well too :up:

I'm considering getting this for my fiancee, but I'm wondering if it's gonna piss her off more then anything. She's very much into hidden object, puzzle games, and platformers. Is there any particular reason she wouldn't enjoy this?

Just got this game over the weekend, after searching a couple months at different stores and never finding it, I just ordered it online last week. Pretty cool game, definitely more complicated than I expected almost right off the bat, really gotta remember all the different abilites you have at your disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"