• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAYBE ZS designs Leto Joker like Miller’s TDKR? Always felt if Zack got to Leto before Ayer, he’d go down that path.

I guess we're getting that Knightmare sequence with Joker Zach mentioned awhile back.
I was thinking more along the lines of a Joker/Robin flashback that leads to Batman busting his teeth. Can someone link me up to what Zack said about the Joker/Knightmare? Or at least tell me what that would involve?

Ewwww. I hated Leto's Joker.
Hopefully with the benefit of hindsight they'll try and correct things so to speak. They lost the run of themselves in where they took the character but I still remember being excited after Leto was cast.

I'm usually a stickler for continuity, but on the subject of removing the tattoos and grillz I would emphatically make an exception.

Leto's Joker, no tattoos, pearly white teeth, in a white suit. Clean and classic. Give me that, Zack.

Last edited:
I'm usually a stickler for continuity, but on the subject of removing the tattoos and grillz I would emphatically make an exception.
Well ZS did say it’s an elseworlds universe so he technically could ignore Ayer’s movie. I wouldn’t mind keeping the grillz if Zack shows Batman punching his teeth out of his loser mouth. Otherwise, just redesign him completely.

The madness continues. Maybe he can undo all of Ayer’s aesthetic choices for Joker and give us something out of an Alex Ross painting. I had no doubt that I’d like his take on joker better than Ayer’s, especially in an R rated no hold barred format.

Can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but hey it’s 2020: I will give Zack Snyder and Jared Leto my attention. Go crazy.

Genuinely surprised by this news, but honestly, very very happy with it. Sounds like Zack is not backing down with the story he wants to tell. Here's hoping for a solid performance by Leto, big or small. SS left a horrible taste in my mouth, but i always knew Leto's Joker had much more up his sleeve

Ayer gave Joker that gang/street aesthetic that Ayer seems so at home with in most of his movies...didnt translate too well. I think Snyder is going to make him more like classic, purple suit wearing Joker. Hes a different kind of director than Ayer so i think we’re getting a different Joker.

Tbf to Leto, his performance was so neutered in that film that I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to judge his performance in Squad. He was barely even a character in it which we know wasn’t the original intention.

Just his look was so off for me.

This is the first bit of news that has me pondering the possibility they really are setting up a continuity within the HBO MAX service for future projects.

I can't imagine how Leto would be necessary other than that purpose.

2020 just keeps getting weirder

Never thought I’d see Leto back as Joker but here we are. He’s a great actor but wasn’t a fan of his Joker in Suicide Squad so I hope Snyder changes him up a bit

Looks like we are one step closer to Ben coming back for more films or a series which is really cool

All of this...

Will someone PLEASE gimme a “Hal Yeah”

giphy-downsized.gif

Jett, who also posted a pic of the Damaged tattoo ink before the Leto news broke, posted this earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"