• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man why did all this even need to happen. I would've always been disappointed if a JL movie bombed regardless if there were behind the scenes turmoil or not, but it would've spared us this mess if WB had at least a little faith in Snyder and let him realize his original vision. Who's to say people wouldn't have liked the original JL cut, just because they didn't like BvS before that. Was this whole mess worth it because WB didn't just end up losing a lot of money, they got so much bad publicity to the point where years later they felt they had to greenlight the Snyder Cut. I don't understand why did it have to come to this.

Guys. Snyder is probably shooting his original “scary script”. All of the darker material that the studio was afraid of. That’s not just Batman looking at eerie cocoons. The OG script probably had some darker **** with Joker etc etc. No compromise means, his original idea for the movie. Because any other draft = compromised.

Man why did all this even need to happen. I would've always been disappointed if a JL movie bombed regardless if there were behind the scenes turmoil or not, but it would've spared us this mess if WB had at least a little faith in Snyder and let him realize his original vision. Who's to say people wouldn't have liked the original JL cut, just because they didn't like BvS before that. Was this whole mess worth it because WB didn't just end up losing a lot of money, they got so much bad publicity to the point where years later they felt they had to greenlight the Snyder Cut. I don't understand why did it have to come to this.
I’m happy it did because I’m getting my dream on screen Batman interpretation (Pattinson). But it also lead to an uncompromised 4 hour JL with the gloves off, instead of a 2.5 hour movie that probably would have bombed in 2017.

So long story short, Johns was not involved in "A 2.0" before he helped turning it into "B", therefore he gets no producer credit for a movie that resembles "A 2.0". I still wonder how he never got a writing credit. He basically ghost wrote it after WB told them to make all the changes, so how come they didn't give him a co-writer credit for that.

Bingo. Ghost writing on set is fairly standard practice in Hollywood (MoS got punched up by Jonah Nolan and Kurt Johnstad in its 3rd act according to reports at the time, for example) and the reason why the writers mostly don't get credit is because at that stage they can claim excised scenes as "deleted footage" or "alternate takes" in most cases. Scripts can also get changed in the editing room, remember. WGA rules state that credit is only received after a certain percentage and in most cases dialogue doesn't cut it to arrive to that percentage.

Guys. Snyder is probably shooting his original “scary script”. All of the darker material that the studio was afraid of. That’s not just Batman looking at eerie cocoons. The OG script probably had some darker **** with Joker etc etc. No compromise means, his original idea for the movie. Because any other draft = compromised.

Since you were asking earlier Snyder revealed in the Knightmare world he was gonna have Joker and Deathstroke be part of the JL resistance team (hence why Batman had a Joker card attached to his gun in BVS and the one you see the fandome trailer) against Darkseid and his army. I imagine this will be that or just a Robin death flashback.

Its gotta be Knightmare related. While it would be nice, I dont think it would be wise to spend the time and little money hes getting to film stuff wasted on a flashback that will have no real bearing on the plot. I fee like Zack wants to flesh out the Knightmare stuff.

Alright, there seems to be confusion on this matter. Snyder/Terrio had a script ready to go when the reactions to BvS hit, lets call this one A. At the "suggestion" of the studio they rewrote this into A 2.0 before filming. During filming, Johns was on set and making rewrites (the infamous Terrio reaction of "maybe try to use some of my pages"), this is version B, most of the 214 cut is this one. Then Whedon comes along and does the TC, version C. What's happening here is that they started filming version A 2.0 WHILE rewriting it into B, so a lot of material has been filmed for both A 2.0 and B. Its pretty much clear for me at this point that ZSJL is going to be as close to A 2.0 as it gets, and I'd say the extra reshoots point to that.
ok gotcha.

Its gotta be Knightmare related. While it would be nice, I dont think it would be wise to spend the time and little money hes getting to film stuff wasted on a flashback that will have no real bearing on the plot. I fee like Zack wants to flesh out the Knightmare stuff.

A flashback would provide context for Batman's death wish at the end though. But you might very well be right that it's for the Knightmare stuff.

Has it been announced who is writing these reshoots?

Wake me up when we get news concerning additional scenes with Henry.:o:sleepy:

You’re putting too much emphasis on plot instead of character. It should be the other way around. That’s what’s wrong with a lot of comic book movies.

The flashback wouldn’t be wasted, it would help make us understand Bruce’s change in character a LOT more. To see where he came from, why he lost his moral compass. This makes the change in Batman much more powerful. That’s one of the big criticisms. We start it off with Batfleck as a killer and we’re just supposed to care for him because why? Because we should know his history? Nah you gotta put the work in, bc he’s a brand new iteration. I want to see what happened with Robin because it will connect to THIS version of the character way more.

After all this news, I find it difficult to believe that JL-Snyder Cut will consist of 4 one hours episodes, maybe it will go on a bit longer ?
Was thinking the same. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an announcement in the next month or so of the release date/s and possibly 5 episodes.

You’re putting too much emphasis on plot instead of character. It should be the other way around. That’s what’s wrong with a lot of comic book movies.

The flashback wouldn’t be wasted, it would help make us understand Bruce’s change in character a LOT more. To see where he came from, why he lost his moral compass. This makes the change in Batman much more powerful. That’s one of the big criticisms. We start it off with Batfleck as a killer and we’re just supposed to care for him because why? Because we should know his history? Nah you gotta put the work in, bc he’s a brand new iteration. I want to see what happened with Robin because it will connect to THIS version of the character way more.

Good point, I can dig that. It seems like this thing is ever expanding every month isnt it? When this wS first announced, they said they were giving Snyder $20 million to finish post production. Now the budget is 70+ million and shooting additional stuff. They claimed it was a week of shooting but people are saying he’s shooting for at least a couple of weeks. Next thing you know we’ll find out he filmed for almost a month.

Man, say what you will about Snyder, love him or hate him, whatever he showed the At&t and HBO Max people back in February must’ve caused them to collectively orgasm if theyre letting him do all this.

I have some questions for you folks.

Anyone can hit me up with a list of Suicide Squad scenes that were reshoots? Mainly Joker.

And did Snyder ever confirm that Joker was in the Knightmare sequence, and what’s his role specifically? Is he turning on Batman? Is teaming up with the good guys without betraying them?

I have some questions for you folks.

Anyone can hit me up with a list of Suicide Squad scenes that were reshoots? Mainly Joker.

And did Snyder ever confirm that Joker was in the Knightmare sequence, and what’s his role specifically? Is he turning on Batman? Is teaming up with the good guys without betraying them?

1. As I understand it, they cut out a bunch of stuff from SS and the final film was edited by a trailer house. So it's not exactly a ZSJL situation where a lot of entirely new stuff was shot.

2. We don't know.

Good point, I can dig that. It seems like this thing is ever expanding every month isnt it? When this wS first announced, they said they were giving Snyder $20 million to finish post production. Now the budget is 70+ million and shooting additional stuff. They claimed it was a week of shooting but people are saying he’s shooting for at least a couple of weeks. Next thing you know we’ll find out he filmed for almost a month.

Man, say what you will about Snyder, love him or hate him, whatever he showed the At&t and HBO Max people back in February must’ve caused them to collectively orgasm if theyre letting him do all this.
70 million is suspicious isn’t it? That’s more than the entire Joker movie. Surely that’s not just for a cameo, VFX and editing. I understand that takes a lot of money but an extra 50 million? It sounds more and more like he’s got the freedom to shoot every scene he ever wanted to shoot dating back to 2015.

When ppl here ask WHY would HBO give him that money just to end his story?? Well, because they want this to be the best it can be. They also want no second guessing. If they’re all gonna do it, it better be 100 percent Zack’s vision so his rabid fans don’t come at them for only doing 90 percent of the vision. And Zack is probably like “nah I’m stubborn. I almost don’t wanna do it unless I get to do everything WB wouldn’t let me do”. If it fails, the fans have nobody else to blame but the film. And same for HBO. It’s a “hey we tried. We gave him full freedom and it still failed. Time to move on alright?”. If it succeeds, it’s because Zack’s full vision was good and it proves that they can invest in him.

Creating a bunch of new cliffhangers is way too risky. Pull a Nolan and focus on telling this story to the best of their ability. Put everything on the table. If they greenlight more? Then it’s game time. But I don’t think ZS should be thinking about that. Especially during a pandemic when nothing is certain. He’s got scenes and arcs to tie up in this one.

Last edited:
1. As I understand it, they cut out a bunch of stuff from SS and the final film was edited by a trailer house. So it's not exactly a ZSJL situation where a lot of entirely new stuff was shot.

2. We don't know.
Ayer confirmed the Joker “I’m not gonna hurt ya” scene was reshot because his original scene was too dark. And now I got ppl on twitter telling me that almost all of the Joker scenes we see in SS are reshot. So I’m wondering.

70 million is suspicious isn’t it? That’s more than the entire Joker movie. Surely that’s not just for a cameo, VFX and editing. I understand that takes a lot of money but an extra 50 million? It sounds more and more like he’s got the freedom to shoot every scene he ever wanted to shoot dating back to 2015.

When ppl here ask WHY would HBO give him that money just to end his story?? Well, because they want this to be the best it can be. They also want no second guessing. If they’re all gonna do it, it better be 100 percent Zack’s vision so his rabid fans don’t come at them for only doing 90 percent of the vision. And Zack is probably like “nah I’m stubborn. I almost don’t wanna do it unless I get to do everything WB wouldn’t let me do”. If it fails, the fans have nobody else to blame but the film. And same for HBO. It’s a “hey we tried. We gave him full freedom and it still failed. Time to move on alright?”. If it succeeds, it’s because Zack’s full vision was good and it proves that they can invest in him.

Creating a bunch of new cliffhangers is way too risky. Pull a Nolan and focus on telling this story to the best of their ability. Put everything on the table. If they greenlight more? Then it’s game time. But I don’t think ZS should be thinking about that. Especially during a pandemic when nothing is certain. He’s got scenes and arcs to tie up in this one.

Well you gotta also remember, a chunk of that change is probably going towards the cast and crew now that they're filming. Ben’s gotta get paid (and he aint cheap) Ray’s gotta get paid, Leto, if Gal and Henry are joining they gotta be paid their feed, not to mention the other film crew. Are they building sets for this? Thats expensive money too. That could easily be 10-15 million being spent right there.

Ayer confirmed the Joker “I’m not gonna hurt ya” scene was reshot because his original scene was too dark. And now I got ppl on twitter telling me that almost all of the Joker scenes we see in SS are reshot. So I’m wondering.

Yeah never trust twitter ;)

Most of the dark stuff was cut...it would have still sucked because the character itself sucked. Watching Gangsta Joker slap around Harley doesn't add anything.

On the contrary, I could see Zack saying screw it and continue things with Ayer’s design for continuity purposes.
I think its going to be hard for Snyder to resist changing him though...he loves his comic accurate looks
9hty5f7jiiu51.jpg

Eh, I trust Snyder with Leto. Hell, I at least know for sure we would've at least gotten a comic accurate Joker with him, visually speaking. I can also see Snyder keeping the same aesthetic cause he doesn't want to step on Ayer's shoes and make it ''better'' or whatnot. Leto is a good actor tho, which fanboys here and elsewhere can't see through their hate. Give Phoenix that same Skwad Joker material/look and he doesn't do any better either.
I've said before I dont think Leto could have ever pulled off Ledger's Joker, but I do think he could have pulled off Phoenix's Joker. Ayer's Joker is like a 1st draft on paper....he needed to spend more time working on it and the story in Suicide Squad. Even though I tried to defend it years ago.
Part of the reason I wasnt too excited about the Snyder Cut. There were rumors about him getting fired before filming the movie. Should have known it was going to be compromised after the BvS reaction and inviting the meida to see how much lighter it would be.

Restoring his pre-BvS backlash vision actually gets me more excited.

We'll see how it turns out, but I'd rather Snyder be allowed complete his full vision instead of some compromised version.

If it’s a flashback then hopefully Leto’s Joker wouldn’t have all the tattoos...

...maybe the tattoos appear on his face with every punch Batman lands on him if we’re getting the “how he got his grills” type of thing. :D

In all seriousness, I still think Leto has a badass Joker performance in him under the right circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"