• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you gotta also remember, a chunk of that change is probably going towards the cast and crew now that they're filming. Ben’s gotta get paid (and he aint cheap) Ray’s gotta get paid, Leto, if Gal and Henry are joining they gotta be paid their feed, not to mention the other film crew. Are they building sets for this? Thats expensive money too. That could easily be 10-15 million being spent right there.
I think Zack is doing this for free, maybe some actors would agree to take a pay cut ? Even if they don't, maybe there are some contractual obligations ? Which means they cannot just demand any sum of money to be paid.

In any case, I suppose most actors would be filming for just few hours max, which can't be that expensive (look at X-Men movies, all star cast yet their budget was not big)

Last edited:
It's done. It's just a little post production. It's just a little post production.

****ing money down a drain.

It's done. It's just a little post production. It's just a little post production.

You are absolutely correct - it was initially meant to be a touch-up job and then released, that's what everyone was hoping for. HBO Max/ DC executives met with the Snyders, saw what they had which included their initial vision, loved it, and invested in it as a huge streaming service play - That's a W for everyone involved, this is a big business play whether you like it or not. Streaming wars are here to stay, and this will draw in a huge audience for the service. Money definitely not down the drain.

Last edited:
Thing is, even if this turns out to be dumpster fire, it's still giving people work and they're getting paid, the COVID-19 and the lock-down period resulted in lot of unemployment, so I welcome any projects that are getting green-light from Studios.

I think Zack is doing this for free, maybe some actors would agree to take a pay cut ? Even if they don't, maybe there are some contractual obligations ? Which means they cannot just demand any sum of money to be paid.

In any case, I suppose most actors would be filming for just few hours max, which can't be that expensive (look at X-Men movies, all star cast yet their budget was not big)

I wonder if Gal is on the new upgraded contract if she does more scenes, or revert to her 3 for a million pricing to make it affordable for Zack lol

You are absolutely correct - it was initially meant to be a touch-up job and then released, that's what everyone was hoping for. HBO Max/ DC executives met with the Snyders, saw what they had which included their initial vision, loved it, and invested in it as a huge streaming service play - That's a W for everyone involved, this is a big business play whether you like it or not. Streaming wars are here to stay, and this will draw in a huge audience for the service. Money definitely not dawn the drain.

Ya DB80 was right, especially this has the potential for a few years of Snyder verse and spin offs, there’s a ready made audience with Snyder and a section of DC fans waiting to pay, really hope the Batffleck rumor is true (waiting for SC to pass the test).

I do wonder what Grace meant by swapping out Ben for RP in Flashpoint, like all DCEU goes to HBO Max and Reeves Batman becomes the main continuity or a one for one swap of Batman, and Pattinson joins the cinematic “DCEU”

she teased some Joker stuff for Batman as well. IDK, a Joaquin appearance would blow the house down lol

Is it your money? Do you have some kind of financial stake in this?

I don’t understand this perspective. Streaming services spend billions and billions of dollars on content, much of which I personally don’t watch or care about. But you won’t see me lamenting the fact that Netflix wasted money on “The Kissing Booth 2”.

Apparently, when they first approached Snyder about doing this cut, they basically threw a blank check at him so that he could fill out whatever amount of money he could possibly want in exchange for his services.

And legend has it that Snyder threw the check right back at them, telling them that it wasn't necessary. And then he leaned forward, with his big red eyes, and he said 'I need about treefiddy.'

It was at that point they realised that Snyder was actually a giant crustacean from the paleolithic era! I don't know how apocryphal that story actually is, but that's what I heard.

Apparently, when they first approached Snyder about doing this cut, they basically threw a blank check at him so that he could fill out whatever amount of money he could possibly want in exchange for his services.

And legend has it that Snyder threw the check right back at them, telling them that it wasn't necessary. And then he leaned forward, with his big red eyes, and he said 'I need about treefiddy.'

It was at that point they realised that Snyder was actually a giant crustacean from the paleolithic era! I don't know how apocryphal that story actually is, but that's what I heard.

This made my day

After all this news, I find it difficult to believe that JL-Snyder Cut will consist of 4 one hour episodes, maybe it will go on a bit longer ?
That's what I'm starting to wonder as well, just how much footage will be added.

Thing is, even if this turns out to be dumpster fire, it's still giving people work and they're getting paid, the COVID-19 and the lock-down period resulted in lot of unemployment, so I welcome any projects that are getting green-light from Studios.
But Micromind, Twitter told me that the 'money' poured into the Snyder Cut would be better off going into Covid research and charities and the fact that it isn't is bad and should be demonized! :o

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie. Even though I hated Leto's performance and attitude during the production of Suicide Squad, a part of me wants to see a bit more of him. He is a good actor and given the right material I'm sure he could have done something much better. Even under the circumstances of his awful version I'm curious to see what he would bring under a different direction. People have been debating for years whether he was heavily disliked only because of the garbage theatrical cut of the movie and limited use. At the very least it would put discussions like that to an end. Same would go for Eisenberg's Luthor.

People also have to keep in mind that this is now a different beast than the original 214 cut that Snyder had on his thumb drive for the last 3 years. The 214 probably was almost done and just needed 10-15 mill to finish the effects. But now he is being given the opportunity to expand upon it....Heck he’s being encouraged to by HBO Max. This is what HBO wants, they dont want a movie they want a miniseries, so Snyder needs to shape this into a mini series and expand upon what he originally had.

People also have to keep in mind that this is now a different beast than the original 214 cut that Snyder had on his thumb drive for the last 3 years. The 214 probably was almost done and just needed 10-15 mill to finish the effects. But now he is being given the opportunity to expand upon it....Heck he’s being encouraged to by HBO Max. This is what HBO wants, they dont want a movie they want a miniseries, so Snyder needs to shape this into a mini series and expand upon what he originally had.

Been thinking a lot about this. I feel like Snyder is going to be adding bits and pieces into this JL story now that reference more of the original script he and Chris had written before BvS came out. This was probably mentioned already but Joker was never planned for Zack's 2017 Justice League - but maybe he was written in somewhere before the studio made him do the rewrite.

Call it a mess, call it a waste, call it whatever, but I cannot wait to see what surprises are in store. Nothing like this has ever been done and i'm ready to see this!

Some are saying Leto was already in the Cut. If that is indeed true, then he might not have a different look. However, IF Joker survived in the Knightmare timeline, then Snyder might have a different design for him although with tattoos and grills still included.

A Snyder-directed Joker was always on my wish list. Hell, after suicide squad, a director-directed Joker was on my wish list lol.

I do wonder what Grace meant by swapping out Ben for RP in Flashpoint, like all DCEU goes to HBO Max and Reeves Batman becomes the main continuity or a one for one swap of Batman, and Pattinson joins the cinematic “DCEU”

she teased some Joker stuff for Batman as well. IDK, a Joaquin appearance would blow the house down lol
No she meant Batfleck goes to HBO, Battinson goes theatrical. And it’s not Joaquin. She said a brand new Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"