Zack Snyder Set For Ga'Hoole

i saw a pre screening for this a week ago. it's pretty cool, story is ok. the owl fights are pretty brutal, no blood but it you can still feel the pain lol

anyone else see this the film looks really outstanding and i am hearign great things about the 3D

Really good movie. Better than Avatar story-wise, action-wise, and with its use of 3-D.

Yeah, the story is cliche, but it's still a good story...your typical epic adventure LOTR story with betrayal and victory.

The action is AMAZING! The 3-D is AMAZING! Amazing.

It will never make it's money back. While watching the movie, the first thing I thought was, everyone sounds like Hugo Weaving. The second thing, this thing has so much effort put into it, and will get hardly any recognition. Plus, like all of his movies, I didn't feel connected to any of the characters. 300, Watchmen, Ga'Hoole, Dawn of the Dead, he never has any likable characters. Maybe that's just me, but the guy has a problem bringing characters the the screen. He's a visual genius I admit.

I could from the fist few scenes when watching the movie that it was loosely adapted, but I didn't mind, is still a great movie nonetheless.
The CGI on the owls and the movie itself visually looks gorgeous (with Synder's trademark slow mo effect here and there) and it looks better in 3-D.
The 3-D short with Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner showing before the movie is entertaining too and a bonus.
4/5

kinda sad it wont make its budget back it will only make 16 million this weekend

It was hardly advertised and September is a bad time for a blockbuster type return.

This film might turn out to be Snyders best overall!

This film also shows us why he should be considered to direct the next Superman movie and work with the Nolans and Goyer!

Goyer, the Nolans, and Snyder as the creative team behind The Man Of Steel film = DYNAMIC

i found it to be just 'ok'...

the voice casting is great, the visuals are stunning, and the cg could rival pixar,dreamworks and ilm any day... but the story is just soo predictable and been done a million times over and this movie adds nothing to it.

and even though snyder finally used the slow-mo in a good way during the battles.. i still found myself unable to tell apart all the owls during the film. lol

the 3d didnt do anything for me either... it was done well but all it did was darken the screen when i would've loved to see the nice bright set pieces stand out.

7 out of 10... but i wont be watching this forgettable flick again.

btw- the cg looney toons short before the film was more original and creative than the movie lmao

This film might turn out to be Snyders best overall!

This film also shows us why he should be considered to direct the next Superman movie and work with the Nolans and Goyer!

Goyer, the Nolans, and Snyder as the creative team behind The Man Of Steel film = DYNAMIC
I think you've made it abundantly clear how you feel.

I liked it. It's kind of a strange movie, but I liked it. 7/10

I regret spending money on it. But I didn't see it in 3D, just 2D.

After seeing it, you are required by law to henceforth pronounce it as "Gah-dian."

3/5

Snyder misfired a little on this one, systematically cutting out large swathes of potential target audience.

The movie starts off a little on the cute side, but by the end it has morphed into a full-flown war movie, sans blood and guts. The smaller children who might be awed by the earlier scenes could have some trouble with the frantic action and close up combat where owls often tumble at point blank range in front of the viewers perspective.

Essentially, this movie is looking for a director to inject some endearing content into it's first half, and maybe pull back a little from the violence of the finale.

There are some genuinely amazing moments in the second half, especially one seen in the trailer when all hope is lost and suddenly the wings of salvation enter the scene. The story otherwise drags a little in places.

The animation is spectacular. I can't stress that enough. As an animated movie, Legend of the Guardians is worth seeing just for the visuals alone.

i found it to be just 'ok'...

the voice casting is great, the visuals are stunning, and the cg could rival pixar,dreamworks and ilm any day... but the story is just soo predictable and been done a million times over and this movie adds nothing to it.

and even though snyder finally used the slow-mo in a good way during the battles.. i still found myself unable to tell apart all the owls during the film. lol

the 3d didnt do anything for me either... it was done well but all it did was darken the screen when i would've loved to see the nice bright set pieces stand out.

7 out of 10... but i wont be watching this forgettable flick again.

btw- the cg looney toons short before the film was more original and creative than the movie lmao

There's a looney toons short?! :wow:

Btw, I was thinking, the montage in the middle act with the heavily synthesized Owl City song playing in the background could be the thing that will make this film dated and not to mention it took out the seriousness for awhile.

There's a looney toons short?! :wow:

Yeah, all of them are starring Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner amdI believe there's three shorts that are attached to the films, the first one being the Cats & Dogs 2, the second Legend of the Guardians and the third one with the upcoming Yogi Bear.

I really really dug this movie until Owl City came on. I cannot stand Owl City, at all. Also just because you make a movie about owls and theirs a popular band with the word Owl in its name, you dont have to include a song by them with lyrics like "spread your wings and fly away". It was like some kind of atrocias meta-pun or something. Seriously just kind of killed the movie for me. Also a bit of explaination how you get crazy engergy beams from ground up mice would be awesome.

this movie was good, i now hope to see superman fly more

Did the movie feature more scenes in IMAX than it did in regular cinemas?

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/CFF266989

BBFC list the IMAX version as 4 minutes longer, usually there is only a few seconds of discrepency between regular and IMAX theaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"