BvS "The Dissolve" does "Man of Steel: One Year Later"

Where WB goes now is a question. Do they reboot Superman out of BvS and JL?

^ I'm out. Have fun guys:word:

then don't… lol I will never understand posts like this. Every discussion requires voluntary participation on this site. No one has to talk about... anything. :woot::cwink:
my point is basically that we have run the MOS discussions into the ****ing ground. and this thread belongs in the all things superman and batman thread or in the MOS boards

MOS is not getting a sequel, not because it didn't make a profit as it did, but because the negative reaction which remains to this day scared WB off. IMO.

The reviews made a difference and the divisiveness is something WB could not accept apparently.

The good news, folks wanted a great Superman film as opening weekend showed.

Tobias, I don't know if you follow any of Zack Snyder's comments about this film, but he has said that he wanted batman in the next film he did with supes because he thought Batsy would be someone interesting for superman to face after MOS. There's a lack of evidence to support your position on this. If anything is a reaction from WB about MOS's reception, it's the hiring of Terrio (but even with this, we don't know what happens behind the scenes). It doesn't seem like WB is scrapping the MOS-continuity altogether, but instead they might be addressing specific issues with it. They're still going forward with the same director and some MOS actors.

MOS is not getting a sequel, not because it didn't make a profit as it did, but because the negative reaction which remains to this day scared WB off. IMO.

The reviews made a difference and the divisiveness is something WB could not accept apparently.

Actually, everything you've asserted has no factual evidence to support it.

On the contrary, there's plenty of facts out there to support WB was comfortable with MOS' reception both commercially and critically.

Last edited:
Anyway, in my opinion MOS is the greatest superhero movie to date! I loved TDK and Captain America: TFA – but for me MOS is the most enjoyable, which I can watch over again and not get bored. I loved the flashbacks and jumping from time periods, it treated the viewer with the intelligence to be able to follow the story. I have no problem with the destruction - in fact I was glad that somebody finally showed the devastation that beings with such power would cause.

Same here. I've rewatched MOS more than any other CMB ever.

That doesn't mean I don't respect negative reactions; as long as they don't invent problems outright, I can accept people having different opinions, baffling as it is since you are all figments of my imagination. :)

Tobias, I don't know if you follow any of Zack Snyder's comments about this film, but he has said that he wanted batman in the next film he did with supes because he thought Batsy would be someone interesting for superman to face after MOS. There's a lack of evidence to support your position on this. If anything is a reaction from WB about MOS's reception, it's the hiring of Terrio (but even with this, we don't know what happens behind the scenes). It doesn't seem like WB is scrapping the MOS-continuity altogether, but instead they might be addressing specific issues with it. They're still going forward with the same director and some MOS actors.

This. That's essentially it. If they were soooooooooooooooo disappointed with the reception and the box office, they wouldn't have immediately greenlit a continuation (I won't call BvS a sequel since apparently any Superman movie with Batman in it cannot be referred to that way) with the same director, same screenwriter and the same lead actors. Like you said, Terrio was likely brought in because they understood some of the criticisms people had with MOS and they want to make sure BvS isn't so divisive.

And at the end of the day, it's really all about making money. The whole debate over BvS versus "a true MOS sequel" reminds me of the conversation in The Social Network about capturing "the big fish." Sure, a MOS sequel could do really well at the box office. But a Superman/Batman movie? You're talking astronomical numbers there.

my favorite part of MOS is the action scenes. the movie is totally watchable but it doesn't have nearly as engaging of a plot as any of the Nolan Bat movies

They might indeed be addressing issues. There were issues and IMO that can't be denied based on the critical reception.

Look, I want the purported MOS 2 in 2018. I want Cavill to get his own second film. The Finke rumor is out there. Sadly, production sites even list a F/GL film as TBA. As well as the others - all but MOS 2.

I posted on the All Things Batman/Superman thread why I think an MOS 2 in 2018 makes sense. That is me - not WB.

^ I'm with you but torn on TDKR. I was as engaged with MoS as I was with TDKR if not more so.

EDIT: ^ Rorschach2012

Last edited:
I love Nolan's films, but I definitely feel MOS was a stronger film that TDKR. There are aspects of TDKR that I liked better (mainly, I prefer Bane to Zod) but I just thought the story in MOS was a bit tighter and it didn't lose focus on its hero, like TDKR did at times. MOS had problems too, I just thought TDKR had more of them.

I love Nolan's films, but I definitely feel MOS was a stronger film that TDKR. There are aspects of TDKR that I liked better (mainly, I prefer Bane to Zod) but I just thought the story in MOS was a bit tighter and it didn't lose focus on its hero, like TDKR did at times. MOS had problems too, I just thought TDKR had more of them.
In TDKR, the highs were very high, the lows were low. With MOS, it's pretty much the same quality throughout.

TDKR was a lot more ambitious than MOS

Last edited:

You are one of the primary reasons why i stopped visiting this site on a regular basis. :)

The citizens may have not seen Supes physically destroy the World Engine, but they DID see him pound on the guy that was responsible for the alien invasion relentlessly and repeatedly. Doesn't that count for something? I mean, Jenny even figured it out with the "He saved us.." line.

I bet people will still fear him in a way but others will make a stand for him as well, setting the stage for Lex, etc.

you are right too. some of the people will still fear of him, and i love it. i hope they will show is in BvS. not like SR and STM, once superman shows up, thundering applause are given and welcome him with open arms madly.
that's just too campy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"