BvS What stories should inspire MAN OF STEEL 2?

HighFivingMF

Welp.
Reaction score
As we all know, the stories for Goyer/Nolan's comic adaptations involve inspiration taken from a large number of comics. For example, Batman Begins had Year One and The Man Who Falls. The Dark Knight had The Long Halloween and The Killing Joke. The Dark Knight Rises had Knightfall and The Dark Knight Returns. Man of Steel had Birthright, Secret Origin, and many others.

What classic Superman tales would you like to see influence Goyer in writing Man of Steelier? Given my preference to see of Lex Luthor and The Elite as the villains to start a conflict based on Superman's last resort slaying and The Elite's first instinct slaying(s), I'd obviously want "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and The American Way?" to play a part on the story end of things.

For Lex's interpretation I'd want to see "The Black Ring" and "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel" inspire his characterization along with Morrison's "All-Star Superman."

What do you think?

Maybe luthor as public enemies... Or an alliance of lex and black mask or strange or deadshot, or maybe brainiac...

Superman Batman: Public Enemies
The Dark Knight Returns
Lex Luthor Man of Steel
All Star Superman - Lex
Kingdom Come: thought I'd best explain this one, there's quite clear a fear factor from humans for super powered heroes. Something that should be explored after the events in Man of Steel.

The Dark Knight Returns
Lex Luthor Man of Steel
All Star Superman - Lex
Kingdom Come: thought I'd best explain this one, there's quite clear a fear factor from humans for super powered heroes. Something that should be explored after the events in Man of Steel.

If Lex is going to be the main villian in this movie I want it to be similar to Lex Luthor: Man of Steel comics. It has a great first encounter with Batman and show why Superman is the grand daddy of all Super Hero... Plus Lex well portray in this comic.

One I haven't seen mentioned is the story Dark Knight Over Metropolis.

Superman vs. the Elite is a good idea.... But I wouldn't want them to use the Elite. I dunno what more classic villain they could use though....

The Dark Knight Returns
Lex Luthor Man of Steel
All Star Superman - Lex

You hit the nail on the head with all of them except The Dark Knight Returns, that I'm 50/50 about. That's not the best source material to describe the Superman/Batman relationship. Unless they incorporate the armor at some point which is ok. As for that comic-con quote, I'd prefer it if Lex says it. Just imagine this scene:

(Superman is all bloodied and beaten on the ground with his costume in tatters in the big climatic battle with Lex in the Zod armor with Kryptonite ring)

(Camera moves to close-up of Lex with his hands at Superman's throat)

Lex: "I want you to remember you disgusting filthy... ALIEN!"

(Camera flashes to Clark's bloody face as he gasps to breathe)

Lex: "In all the years to come in your most private moments"

(Camera flashes to Clark's bloody face again as he slowly passes out)

Lex: "I want you to remember my hand at your throat"

(Camera then flashes to Lois running in and witnessing the ensuing scene and starts to tear up with hand at the mouth)

Lex: "I want you to remember the one man who beat you, LEX LUTHOR!"

Lois: "NO!"

(As Lex moves to deliver the killing blow smoke bombs roll in releasing smoke disorienting Lex)

(Batman jumps out, punching Lex out of the way, who gets knocked back toward Lois, and he grabs her, holding her by her throat as a human shield. Superman strains and manages a tiny bit of heat vision near Lex. Lex taunts him for missing, then Batman sneaks behind Luthor. Luthor raises his gauntlets up to hit Batman, but Lois headbutts Luthor and knocks him out. Batman calms Lois, and puts the Kryptonite back into to the lead box.Superman thanks him, and then flies an unconscious Luthor near a tv station, in order to publicly humiliate him (like Luthor has tried to do earlier).

You hit the nail on the head with all of them except The Dark Knight Returns, that I'm 50/50 about. That's not the best source material to describe the Superman/Batman relationship. Unless they incorporate the armor at some point which is ok. As for that comic-con quote, I'd prefer it if Lex says it. Just imagine this scene:

(Superman is all bloodied and beaten on the ground with his costume in tatters in the big climatic battle with Lex in the Zod armor with Kryptonite ring)

(Camera then flashes to Lois running in and witnessing the ensuing scene and starts to tear up with hand at the mouth)

(As Lex moves to deliver the killing blow smoke bombs roll in releasing smoke disorienting Lex)

(Batman jumps out, punching Lex out of the way, who gets knocked back toward Lois, and he grabs her, holding her by her throat as a human shield. Superman strains and manages a tiny bit of heat vision near Lex. Lex taunts him for missing, then Batman sneaks behind Luthor. Luthor raises his gauntlets up to hit Batman, but Lois headbutts Luthor and knocks him out. Batman calms Lois, and puts the Kryptonite back into to the lead box.Superman thanks him, and then flies an unconscious Luthor near a tv station, in order to publicly humiliate him (like Luthor has tried to do earlier).

Only reason I listed Dark Knight Returns is because its already kind of been mentioned in the announcement. There are some great aspects about that book though. Remember aswell I'm not saying adapt it just inspiration :cwink:

I can't believe I forgot to list Dark Knight Over Metropolis

that scene would be really cool:word:

Hush would actually be a good inspiration.

I really want to see elements of Year One for Batman. I like the way that he's always criticizing himself and learning from mistakes.

The All-Star suggestion as inspiration for Lex is brilliant.

the dark knight returns should never be used to further the popularity of superman. it makes him look like a lapdog and gives further fuel to the myth that batman could take superman in a fight.

The characterization of Batman in Hush was some of the best I've seen in a comic. I would LOVE for Batman to be portrayed that way on screen.

Unfortunately, the story ultimately sucked. Why did it suck? Because Jeph Loeb pulled an Armageddon 2001 and changed the identity of the villain at the last minute. I know he said it was supposed to be Tommy all along, but I sincerely believe that Hush was always intended to be Jason Todd... the problem was, people figured it out months in advanced so they scrapped that idea and decided to introduce the "real" Jason a year or so later as part of that Infinite Crisis story. So disappointing.

STAS is the way to go. Go big or go home. The three part episodes forgot the title

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"