Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

David was the one who came up with the stupid scenario for Jonathan's death? Yeah could probably do w/o him.

David was the one who came up with the stupid scenario for Jonathan's death? Yeah could probably do w/o him.

That wasn't a stupid scene, but a very powerful and moving one. Jonathan Kent felt that it was so important to keep Clark's identity a secret that he was willing to give his life. That story was so inspiring that it moved Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane, to pull her expose from the news. I think a lot of flamers try to marginalize it as Kent giving up his life to save a dog, but that is just a narrow minded view on the scene.

Kent scene was just not executed perfectly. I would of liked it if Clark went and Jonathan yelled NO!!!!. And have Clark pause but the try again only to be too late. He just stood there. But I like that it's not a throw away scene. In STM Clark says that with all his powers he couldn't save his dad. But they never revisited that issue. Wasted scene.

That wasn't a stupid scene, but a very powerful and moving one. Jonathan Kent felt that it was so important to keep Clark's identity a secret that he was willing to give his life. That story was so inspiring that it moved Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane, to pull her expose from the news. I think a lot of flamers try to marginalize it as Kent giving up his life to save a dog, but that is just a narrow minded view on the scene.
that was not based on a true story. it was made up by the writter. :yay:

The act itself and the idea behind it was perfect. Yes, the notion that Jonathan was willing to die to protect Clark and give him a normal life was powerful and moving.

The execution however, that's where the problem was. I wish he could have gone back to save more families, more people, to see Jonathan acting like a hero only to find he was so invested in saving people that he couldn't escape the tornado, not getting his feet stuck for going back to save the dog, a dog Clark could have gone back for at normal speed. It's not being narrow minded, I understand the sacrifice and the idea behind, it's how it actually happens what bothered many people.

Kent scene was just not executed perfectly. I would of liked it if Clark went and Jonathan yelled NO!!!!. And have Clark pause but the try again only to be too late. He just stood there. But I like that it's not a throw away scene. In STM Clark says that with all his powers he couldn't save his dad. But they never revisited that issue. Wasted scene.

Not really. Pa Kents death fueled his emotional uncertainty so that he was practically willing to be ordered around by a hologram.

A better way to do this would be to have Superman have to choose between saving another person and Zod. Superman reluctantly saves the other person, but Pa Kent dies from being hit by wreckage, and you see Pa Kent telling his son how proud he is. That would have been more effective, IMHO.

I'm glad they movied away from the limitations of the Donnerverse. I'm tire of people using that version of superman as source material. I just hope they dip more into the comics for inspiration in the future.

I'd also like to thank Snyder for hiring Henry Cavill and for making a point of Superman being more 'manly' (chest hair, shirtlessness and all).

It's greatly appreciated :p

The act itself and the idea behind it was perfect. Yes, the notion that Jonathan was willing to die to protect Clark and give him a normal life was powerful and moving.

The execution however, that's where the problem was. I wish he could have gone back to save more families, more people, to see Jonathan acting like a hero only to find he was so invested in saving people that he couldn't escape the tornado, not getting his feet stuck for going back to save the dog, a dog Clark could have gone back for at normal speed. It's not being narrow minded, I understand the sacrifice and the idea behind, it's how it actually happens what bothered many people.

This.

Are you expressing surprise that he is black? Are you unsure that he is black? Are you shocked that they would cast a black person? I'm having trouble reading your punctuation and figuring out what the heck this means...
:) casting a black as perry white.
you knew. but you just wanna bash. peace. :)

just like some to the movie.

Jonathan willing to die to keep his son's secret is not what pisses me off, or even that he went back for a dog. Those are both understandable to me. What's unforgivable to me is that Clark let his father die to keep his secret. Clark let him die for his own well being. That is something I don't even see many normal people doing, much less Superman.

Jonathan willing to die to keep his son's secret is not what pisses me off, or even that he went back for a dog. Those are both understandable to me. What's unforgivable to me is that Clark let his father die to keep his secret. Clark let him die for his own well being. That is something I don't even see many normal people doing, much less Superman.

He only did what his father told him. "Not yet" was what he said. I am sure Clark did regret it for a while (which might explain why he left home). But that scene was a very important part of the movie and it set up a lot of other plot-lines that occurred later on in the film.

He did (didn't you watch the film?). Johnathan Kent was basically the ring leader in making sure that people got out of their cars and got to shelter. It wasn't like he needed to save an entire town or something like that since it was only a line of cars on a small road in a country town.

Are you expressing surprise that he is black? Are you unsure that he is black? Are you shocked that they would cast a black person? I'm having trouble reading your punctuation and figuring out what the heck this means...
I don't even try to figure out half the things some people say on here. I'm sure you can tell that English isn't their primary language.

It would have been even better if Jonathan just said no in a normal voice, and Clark was able to hear it. Still would have been a stupid scene though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"