Zarathos, The Spirit of Vengeance, Noble Kale Confusion...

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
FlameHead, please don't move this to the comics forum, because that doesn't get enough traffic.

So I am not the best in Ghost Rider history, so I need some info. I know that there are two Ghost Riders, Blaze and Ketch. I know that there are demons in hell that serve Mephisto called Zarathos and Noble Kale. I know that they are bonded to Blaze and Ketch, respectively.

Now, here are my questions:

- When Johnny transforms into Ghost Rider, is that basically Zarathos coming into form on Earth in Blazes body, and if it is, does Zarathos have any consciousness or is it 100% Johnny Blaze?

- When Danny transforms into Ghost Rider, is it Noble Kale coming into form on Earth in Ketches body, and if it is, does he have any consciousness or is it 100% Danny Ketch?

- What the hell is the Spirit of Vengeance? (At first, I thought that it was Ghost Rider in the essence, but I guess he is an entirely different host/demon that looks like a Ghost Rider but is bigger and purple?)

1. When Johnny first became Ghost Rider, he was 100% JB, but Zarathos slowly started getting more and more conciousness as it went along.

2. Same deal with Danny.

3. Vengance, the character you're reffering to, is not THE spirit of Vengance. That's just his name. Both GR's, Vengance, and a few others have all held the title Spirit Of Vengance before.

Okay, I won't move it to the comics section... but, to the non spoilers. I does belong in the comics section though...

Either way, I'm gonna add to Joker's comments. First of all, Noble Kale was the true Spirit of Vengeance. Zarathos, a demon Mephisto liked to play games with.

Noble was able to gain more control of Danny because Danny didn't fight him. He 'bonded' with the spirit of vengeance creating a greater vessel in total. Johnny eventually was successful of riding his demon. There was no bond at all between those guys.

Vengeance is monster created by Mephisto to stop Ghost Rider. I guess he figured the only thing that would stand a chance is a bigger, stronger version of him. He is not the Spirit of Vengeance. He's just vengeance. Michael Badalino.

Just to add to it.

When Johnny first transformed, Johnny's personality shined through while he had the visage of the Ghost Rider. Over time, Zarathos' personality took over, as Joker states.

When Danny transformed into the Ghost Rider/Noble Kale, Noble Kale was in full control of the body at all times once transformed at the sight of "innocent blood." Danny was sent to a different plane while Kale took over, the same place Kale would wait while Danny was in control of his own body.

Badalino was turned into Vengeance once he sold his soul to Mephisto, and Mephisto used this as a way to torment Badalino by turnung him into what he hated most, a Ghost Rider. Badalino was also able to recieve such poweres due to carrying a fragment (or was it 2) of the broken Medallion of Power within him. Badalino had full control of his powers, could control his transformation and his personality was the same.

Wow, thanks guys. :up:
FlameHead, if you want to, move it to the comics forum.

Okay, will do. I hope you got the info you're lookin' for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"