Zarathos vs The Spirit of Vengeance

Minor clarification. The reason the SoV wasn't bound to Johnny wasn't because of Mephisto's meddling... it was because of Naomi's actions in Ghost Rider Minus 1.

Ahhh, I see. I've yet to read that issue. Now that you mention it though, I think I did read that somewhere before. Perhaps a recap of the issue on Vengeance Unbound...

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem. I've been lurking for a while, and felt I could contribute. :)

The Spirit of Vengeance Rider's powers were never fully revealed. During the Midnight Sons story arc when GR faced Zarathos in his most powerful form, the SOV got a spanking that eventually lead to his absorption within Zarathos himself. Zarathos wanted to tell GR about the history behind himself and the power he is capable of, but he refused to know.

There is much to the SOV that could have been explained.

mdg1024 said:
No problem. I've been lurking for a while, and felt I could contribute. :)

Well, welcome to the talking world of the boards. I hope you do so more often.

The Spirit of Vengeance from the Dan Ketch comics is my favorite.

Wow, and that makes it a tie in the poll now. Interesting.

I broke the tie.:D

The Spirit of Vengeance because I grew up reading the Ghost Rider series with Dan Ketch in it.:up:

You da man WH. Let's beat those Blaze fans down to the dirt.

I'm only kidding, of course but, it sure is nice havin' other Ketch fans around as I spent the first 2 years here surrounded by Blaze fans... and by surrounded I mean flanked as there were only 3 of us. hehe.

For a hardcore fan such as i, is a very tricky question.
But let´s put it that way:
The Spirit is way cooler than Zarathos, more dark and misterious, with that creepy voice and all.
But JB is waaaayyyy cooler than DK, who looks like a Peter Parker to me.
Of course, he serves very well the cause of Vengeance in his 8 years run.
But Johnny is da man.
It seems Daniel Way and Javier Saltares will merge JB and The Spirit on the new series. Didn´t came to my bookstore yet ( damn it!!!!!!! ), but the previews gave that impression.

I loved the Dan Ketch run of the series as well. It was the series that got me hooked on Ghost Rider. My favorite arc had to be the Betrayals arc, as it really showed the struggle between Dan Ketch to rest control over his own body from the Ghost Rider. It also had some stunning artwork by Salvador Larroca.

The Spirit of Vengeance was definitely a more intriguing character overall.

Great Arc indeed though, I'm a much bigger fan of the earlier stuff. Rise of Midnight Sons and Midnight Masacre topping the list for me. In fact, the Midnight Masacre arc is the story that got me into Ghost Rider.

BURNFOREVER said:
For a hardcore fan such as i, is a very tricky question.
But let´s put it that way:
The Spirit is way cooler than Zarathos, more dark and misterious, with that creepy voice and all.
But JB is waaaayyyy cooler than DK, who looks like a Peter Parker to me.
Of course, he serves very well the cause of Vengeance in his 8 years run.
But Johnny is da man.
It seems Daniel Way and Javier Saltares will merge JB and The Spirit on the new series. Didn´t came to my bookstore yet ( damn it!!!!!!! ), but the previews gave that impression.

I think I can agree with you on this Burn. Dan was pretty much a different take on Peter Parker. Teenager dealing with the superhero inside him. Nothing really new there. Blaze was unique and there is something awesome (as Nic says) about having Evil Knievel as a superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"