Why is GR's history so intimidating for writers?

Midnyte_Sun

Medianoche de Sol
Reaction score
Simple Timeline of GR History

Advice for any future GR movie makers: Don't be intimidated by the source material. It's really not that complicated Here it is, summarized in 6 parts:

--

1. The Spirit of Vengeance was created by God, it was hinted that it may even originate before Earth was even created.

2. They were initially run by arch-angels, but then given to immortals known as the Blood. They were caretakers of the Spirits of Vengeance around the world. Ghost Riders and their hosts were seen and known throughout ancient history, in all the major continents. The Caretakers retained this knowledge.

3. Zarathos was an ancient demon who got the power of the Spirit of Vengeance and began corrupting it, consuming souls. Before the sinking of Atlantis, he also attained the Medallion of Power, an ancient relic that gave him God-like abilities, including the ability to trigger the transformation into a Spirit of Vengeance. A band of Riders (Midnight Sons) allied with the Blood, defeated Zarathos and were able to destroy the Medallion. The power of the medallion was hidden in the blood lines of the descendants of the original hosts, ultimately leading to Blaze's mother, Naomi Kale.

4. Mephisto learned the SOV power was in Naomi Kale, and in order to protect her children, she split them up with the help of her Caretaker. John went to Craig 'Crash' Simpson, and Barbara and Danny were given to the care of Francis Ketch, a widow.

5. The rest is history. John Blaze sold his soul, became a slave of Mephisto who bonded his soul to the demon Zarathos. He eventually exorcized Zarathos, but the SOV power within him was still there. He eventually became a SOV again.

6. Barbara was destined to be the next host for the SOV, but Danny Ketch triggered his own transformation with the Medallion. He went on to be one of the famous, if not the most famous Ghost Rider in Marvel history.

--

Is the source material that difficult to comprehend???

Last edited:
Simple Timeline of GR History

Advice for any future GR movie makers: Don't be intimidated by the source material. It's really not that complicated Here it is, summarized in 6 parts:

--

1. The Spirit of Vengeance was created by God, it was hinted that it may even originate before Earth was even created.

2. They were initially run by arch-angels, but then given to immortals known as the Blood. They were caretakers of the Spirits of Vengeance around the world. Ghost Riders and their hosts were seen and known throughout ancient history, in all the major continents. The Caretakers retained this knowledge.

3. Zarathos was an ancient demon who got the power of the Spirit of Vengeance and began corrupting it, consuming souls. Before the sinking of Atlantis, he also attained the Medallion of Power, an ancient relic that gave him God-like abilities, including the ability to trigger the transformation into a Spirit of Vengeance. A band of Riders (Midnight Sons) allied with the Blood, defeated Zarathos and were able to destroy the Medallion. The power of the medallion was hidden in the blood lines of the descendants of the original hosts, ultimately leading to Blaze's mother, Naomi Kale.

4. Mephisto learned the SOV power was in Naomi Kale, and in order to protect her children, she split them up with the help of her Caretaker. John went to Craig 'Crash' Simpson, and Barbara and Danny were given to the care of Francis Ketch, a widow.

5. The rest is history. John Blaze sold his soul, became a slave of Mephisto who bonded his soul to the demon Zarathos. He eventually exorcized Zarathos, but the SOV power within him was still there. He eventually became a SOV again.

6. Barbara was destined to be the next host for the SOV, but Danny Ketch triggered his own transformation with the Medallion. He went on to be one of the famous, if not the most famous Ghost Rider in Marvel history.

--

Is the source material that difficult to comprehend???

Nope, damn you writers for not understanding the mythos of my second favorite comic book character. :argh:

It all seems simple enough to me, why this couldnt be adapted into a movie is beyond me, it really is.

It all seems simple enough to me, why this couldnt be adapted into a movie is beyond me, it really is.

I knowww, well atleast my other favorite character's going to have an awesome portrayal this year. :thor:

They're just going half-assed about it. They want to make Ghost Rider to appeal to as many people as possible , which effectively neuters the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"