Deadpool 2 Zazie Beets officially cast as Domino in Deadpool 2

1st thing that pops out at me, she looks like a puppy with that white spot.
Real Domino never gave me that impression. She looks badass.
Hopefully the personality is correct. Otherwise, why bother calling her Domino?

lol at some of the comments in this thread too. Same 'ol same 'ol.
"Your opinion isn't the same as mine and positive! That must mean you are a horrible person! I will imply it that about you with every reply!" :whatever::whatever::whatever:

Last edited:
Why are People Upset Now and not since this shot was Leaked since March ?
DGFB_gPUIAAA0sY.jpg:large

X-23 isn't half-Mexican in the comics either. But in the context of the films, it worked really well so I didn't care that they made that change. I want to see this in the context of the actual film before passing judgment on it.

Meh. Looks like cosplay to me. Like I and some others said when the concept leaked, I wouldn't be impressed by a white spot and afro. I think the main body suit looks ok, but I'm not digging those arm length gloves either. The finished suit at least looks better, but the skin tones blend better in the concept art (even if I don't like the look).

DGFB_gPUIAAA0sY.jpg:large

You don't read my posts then. It's ok. I get that now and again. :oldrazz:

This is disappointing. No grey skin? Just lame. Domino doesn't even have curly hair.

That is the 1st I've seen that. The hair is really really throwing me off. The patch too.
What she is wearing looks better in this photo than the real one. But that one is ok.
I have no idea who this actress is. Hopefully she is as good as people in this thread say she is at acting.

X-23 isn't half-Mexican in the comics either. But in the context of the films, it worked really well so I didn't care that they made that change. I want to see this in the context of the actual film before passing judgment on it.

You're correct. I liked how they did the X-23 story.
Domino is not the same as X-23.

She just doesn't look like Domino. Its like a cosplay girl that forgot to straighten/shorten her hair and paint her skin grey (the most noticeable thing about Domino visually after the eye mark) and thought the eye mark and the suit would be enough.

Not happy. Not happy in the least.

Someone else beat me to it, but you're welcome to read the discussion from pages ago. Might even be on the general news thread.

She looks really unexciting. Unlike Teenage Warhead, Domino isn't a d lister, maybe C. And I just open the comic books and then look at this new pic, it just looks inaccurate. Its not like the comic book look isn't visually appealing and they needed to do their own take just cause. Fail.

I was upset even when these concept art images leaked, but now we got a confirmation. :(

Still excited but i don't like her look either. I really don't get why she doesn't have the grey skin with the black eye thing. Why? Seriously, why? Her look is one of her defining traits.

This put a serious dampener on my excitement for the sequel.

Last I checked, it's not her only defining trait. Jackman's Logan isn't a short fellow, but you'll hardly hear anyone saying he doesn't embody the character based on personality.

Still excited but i don't like her look either. I really don't get why she doesn't have the grey skin with the black eye thing. Why? Seriously, why? Her look is one of her defining traits.

Honestly, because you'd probably have an army of SJW crying about the fact that a black woman has been turned white.

Maybe Fox got lazy again. :o And thinking a sexy looking Domino would be enough. Never mind that Domino doesn't have an afro hairin the comics and has a grey skin.

But Nina is neither black or white, right? This looks really cheap.
SJW's are the real supervillains, they ruined Marvel comics. Fox shouldn't want to please them.

Maybe Fox got lazy again. :o And thinking a sexy looking Domino would be enough. Never mind that Domino doesn't have an afro hairin the comics and has a grey skin.

Exactly. And it's even weirder considering that Zazie is a cute girl already. Domino being sexy has nothing to do with her skincolor but everything with her personality, deadliness etc.

This is especially disappointing after Deadpool and Colossus have been portrayed so faithfully. Wade with his scarred body, Colossus who required at least 3 different people to come to life, and yet they can't put some grey/white makeup on a woman and change her hair.

It's the filmmakers (David Leitch, Ryan Reynolds) and costume designers who worked on her look, not the FOX execs. :whatever:

This is especially disappointing after Deadpool and Colossus have been portrayed so faithfully. Wade with his scarred body, Colossus who required at least 3 different people to come to life, and yet they can't put some grey/white makeup on a woman and change her hair.

What people fail to see is that it's not like they can't. They didn't get lazy. They CHOSE NOT TO. Like it or not, but it's a stylistic choice the director and his collaborators made for the look of Deadpool 2. And that's fine. Filmmaking is more than just taking stuff from the comics and simply throwing them on celluloid (or digital).

To be fair I kinda thought they didn't go far enough with Colossus. His mutant form was spot on, but his costume was still more akin to Singer's X-men. The illustration of Volossus seen in the comic from Logan had a costume I thought could have been adapted into live action with a few tweaks imo.

It's the filmmakers (David Leitch, Ryan Reynolds) and costume designers who worked on her look, not the FOX execs. :whatever:.

If you want to defend Fox,great. But you do know that people just you mentioned are working for Fox? Right. I just said Fox to make my complain list shorter. But I am also blaimi g those people you mentioned. And whoever is responsible for this lame execution.

I fall in love :hrt:

Initially, i wasn't fan of leaked concept art but Zazie look so great.
Liefeld was right, she could be the next Harley Quinn, i can see a lot of cosplay in convention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"