Deadpool 2 Zazie Beets officially cast as Domino in Deadpool 2

(looks back at Vanessa and NTW)

Yeah, they have all been about comic accuracy. She looks good. The white pupil is actually a brilliant decision, imo.

It's the filmmakers (David Leitch, Ryan Reynolds) and costume designers who worked on her look, not the FOX execs. :whatever:

What people fail to see is that it's not like they can't. They didn't get lazy. They CHOSE NOT TO. Like it or not, but it's a stylistic choice the director and his collaborators made for the look of Deadpool 2. And that's fine. Filmmaking is more than just taking stuff from the comics and simply throwing them on celluloid (or digital).

Of course it's a choice and of course they're not gonna copy/past literally everything from the comics. But i think it's most important to capture the essence of a character and that includes their looks. Especially with a character that stands out visually.

Usually when the actor really fits the role people will have less problems with a different appearance. But seeing as how Zazie is relatively unknown, people go with their first impressions and in this case it's not a good one.

We know Vanessa/Warhead are as popular as Domino before the film came out.... Not to mention Vanessa didn't have mutant powers in the film. Great comparison once again.

giphy.gif

Also, did anybody notice the suit is pretty much an exact replica of gamoras look in gotg?? Saying nothing about accuracy to the source here, but its like they just went to a costume shop and bought a movie gamora outfit

The costume doesn't look comic accurate either.

Her outfit has sleeves in the comics.

Also, did anybody notice the suit is pretty much an exact replica of gamoras look in gotg?? Saying nothing about accuracy to the source here, but its like they just went to a costume shop and bought a movie gamora outfit

Not really. The suit looks like Domino's straight from the comics, down to the colors.

^
None that ive ever seen
She usually wears a full catsuit in the comics
This is much closer to movie gamoras costume
Deny all you like but you know it to be true, lol

The costume doesn't look comic accurate either.

Her outfit has sleeves in the comics.

I do hope that's sarcasm unless we've gotten to the point of talking about a character's sleeves or lack thereof.

Like I said...

I just mean that the first thing that came to mind was her comic book counterpart, and I didn't even think of Gamora until you mentioned it. And even now her look doesn't remind of her.

Yeah...I still have no idea why Gamora was wearing what I'd expect from Domino. :cwink:

Riiiiight

Id expect something closer to black widow but with blue sections for domino, as that would be comic accurate... not a black lacey thing

But the costume is whatever... its the minimum effort makeup that i find more bothersome

Last edited:
I do hope that's sarcasm unless we've gotten to the point of talking about a character's sleeves or lack thereof.

Ummm so if Captain America/Spidey wear sleeveless top in the films, you wouldn't notice that? Maybe you just don't have attention to details. :whatever:

Honestly, I didn't say a word, but I noticed it too. Really nothing about her is accurate, except that her suit is black.

Ummm so if Captain America/Spidey wear sleeveless top in the films, you wouldn't notice that? Maybe you just don't have attention to details. :whatever:

Hm. Maybe. That or, and run with me on this, any and all issues I'd have with the design, it's certainly not the sleeves. That's just being pedantic for argument's sake.

Id expect something closer to black widow but with blue sections for domino, as that would be comic accurate... not a black lacey thing
Colors I've noticed are blue on the sides, black & brown "lacey" center

I'd imagine her X-Force attire if she doesn't have other outfits already in this flick would cover her up more.

Does Domino even have a "traditional outfit"? He gear changes as much as Cable's does.

I think eye-black would have worked better on Ms. Beets than the white make up. It doesn't really stand out with her skin tone.

A bigger concern is that this costume is far less comic-accurate than the wonderful Deadpool suit, the vastly improved Colossus 2.0 and Negasonic Teenage New Mutant. I wonder if this a reflection of comic book uber geek Tim Miller getting pushed off of the project.

That is the 1st I've seen that. The hair is really really throwing me off. The patch too.
What she is wearing looks better in this photo than the real one. But that one is ok.
I have no idea who this actress is. Hopefully she is as good as people in this thread say she is at acting.

You're correct. I liked how they did the X-23 story.
Domino is not the same as X-23.

Doesn't matter. The point is, only one of us is jumping the gun and it ain't me. Domino is no more well-known to the GA than X-23 is.

She looks fine as hell. ::insert heart eyes emoji::

Love that they gave her a fro!

Creative changes are just somethings thats gonna happen anyway.

It will be interesting to see how cable looks because i suspect he won't look AS comic accurate as people are expecting.

Last edited:
I think she looks fine. I agree that I think the black spot would have stood out more, but she reads as Domino enough for me. Also, I love her hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"