Deadpool 2 Zazie Beets officially cast as Domino in Deadpool 2

xMzDy2I.gif

seriously, she does. take a closer look.

Is there any black skin character played by white skin actor in superhero movies?
People who watch those movies, know what's racism.
Stop it and give us comic accurate look characters.

Does Domino even have a "traditional outfit"? He gear changes as much as Cable's does.

Domino is like Black Widow. She's had many looks over the years but she's most identifiable in some variation of a black jumpsuit like she has in the pic

Last edited:
Figure this ought to be updated now that we've got a picture:

DGEznOAUAAE7hAI.jpg

I really don't get why they just didn't give her the black spot for the eye. Her skin is not pure black and there would have still been a contrast. Hence why we all can still clearly see her outfit. I still think she's gonna be cool so not gonna jump on the character is ruined nonsense but this design is pretty weak imo. The only reason I see them choosing the white eye patch is cause they thought it would be a clever play on her ethnicity, which I think is pretty stupid since again black would show up fine.

Glad they are going the effort to bring her luck powers to the screen though. That was something I feared being changed. Look forward to seeing more of the character.

Last edited:
Dear Ryan Reynolds and SKULLPOOPL2 filmmakers -

I know you are reading this forum. I hope and pray that the photo you released today is Domino's pre-origin look. That at some juncture in DP2 she will have an upgraded (Read: COMIC BOOK ACCURATE) look that explains why she had to paint her skin white and straighten her hair. You pulled Deadpool straight out of the pages so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the same with Domino!!!!

Sincerely,
a fellow Canuck.

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds and filmmakers -

I know you are reading this forum. I hope and pray that this is Domino pre-origin outfit and that at some juncture she will have an upgraded look that explains why she had to paint her skin white and straighten her hair. You pulled Deadpool straight out of the pages so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the same with Domino!!!!

Sincerely,
a fellow Canuck.

Ryan and the filmmakers read this forum? what?

I know you are reading this forum. I hope and pray that the photo you released today is Domino's pre-origin look. That at some juncture she will have an upgraded (Read: COMIC BOOK ACCURATE) look that explains why she had to paint her skin white and straighten her hair. You pulled Deadpool straight out of the pages so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the same with Domino!!!!

Sincerely,
a fellow Canuck.

I hope he does read it and responds to you with great ridicule and mockery. Like Austin's mayor responded to the letter about female only WW screenings.

Ryan and the filmmakers read this forum? what?
He used to back in the day around the XMOW backlash times as he mentioned superhero hype in an interview or quick promo. I forget which one.

Not really. The suit looks like Domino's straight from the comics, down to the colors.
^
None that ive ever seen
She usually wears a full catsuit in the comics
This is much closer to movie gamoras costume
Deny all you like but you know it to be true, lol

H63Syt1.jpg

I know you are reading this forum. I hope and pray that the photo you released today is Domino's pre-origin look. That at some juncture in DP2 she will have an upgraded (Read: COMIC BOOK ACCURATE) look that explains why she had to paint her skin white and straighten her hair. You pulled Deadpool straight out of the pages so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the same with Domino!!!!

Sincerely,
a fellow Canuck.

Any other old school SHH! member getting "permawhite" flashbacks? :woot:

That's the way they adapted Domino. She won't suddenly turn white. Deal with it.

Ryan Reynolds and filmmakers -

I know you are reading this forum. I hope and pray that this is Domino pre-origin outfit and that at some juncture she will have an upgraded look that explains why she had to paint her skin white and straighten her hair. You pulled Deadpool straight out of the pages so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the same with Domino!!!!

Sincerely,
a fellow Canuck.

mid-credits scene: her foundation rubs off and she's actually chalk-white
post-credits scene: the white side of her face was the only spot she couldn't pad on as it was her right side all along that had the black patch :oldrazz:

Is there any black skin character played by white skin actor in superhero movies?
People who watch those movies, know what's racism.
Stop it and give us comic accurate look characters.

The problem - as I am sure you know - is that the default skin tone for 95% or so of the comic book characters created from the 40s through the 80s was peach. So if you don't consider casting folks with different skin tones you end up with a cast that's awfully pale.

Now you may be okay with this, but it is bad business for the studios to ignore talented non-Caucasian actors and not have different ethnicities represented when its been proven diverse casts can bring in crowds (see the F&F series). I think they could have done more with Ms. Beets in terms of comic accuracy, in particular using eye black instead of white makeup. But given that the character has traditionally been portrayed with a non human skin pigment, her skin shouldn't be an issue.

She's confirmed to have her powers in tact. Nothing except her eye makeup and hair are confirmed changes.

Another thing about the white eye makeup is that it keeps reminding me of Barf in Spaceballs haha.

I'm interested to see how they'll portray her luck powers. Maybe she'll just have perfect aim. I can see Deadpool making some jokes lol

Didn't like the casting choice, like the costume even less. It doesn't have to be 100% comic accurate, it's always nice when it's as close as possible but this is not accurate... or good. It's not the end of the world or anything but it's a boring and disappointing look for the character.

(looks at Vanessa and NTW)

Yeah, it's not like this team has had a history of not changing characters who were non real colors.

She looks great. And I can't wait to see her in action.

I think after Vanessa, we can chill with the hate, I would hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"