Zimmer calls Elfman's theme "JOLLY"

wow Zimmer wanted to do a Elfman style Batman theme. It's good he decided to throw it out. It wouldn't fit with Nolan's universe IMO.

wow Zimmer wanted to do a Elfman style Batman theme. It's good he decided to throw it out. It wouldn't fit with Nolan's universe IMO.

So he chose instead to do a theme that combined The Rock and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm glad Zimmer decided not to do Elfman's theme. It's a whole new start for the franchise anyhow, why revisit the old stuff?

What a prick. You threw out something Elfman sounding, for what you gave us? Wow. Shut your mouth guy.

what they gave us was great. Exciting but with emotional depth, something I think Elfman's score lacked in comparison. I'm sure they've done an even better job this time because it seems so far that everyone involved in the production has. I do hope that Molossus, or a form of it, is in this. Love that music, both in begins and in the dark knight trailers.

I believe Elfman theme is kind of "jolly". It begins with a mysterious tune, but it turns into a more action "kind of Supermanly" theme. I love that theme, by the way. But Zimmer theme is more fitting to the take Mr. Nolan gave us. And is awesome.

Zimmer's Bat-theme was great, but they keep telling him about Elfman so it seems he lost it and called Elfman's theme "jolly" when in fact is perfect and far memorable than his. It combined darkness and heroism (and pelase, it was far from being Supermanish).

Last 2 things Zimmer needed to do were a) to imitate Elfman and b) to call Elfman's perfect theme names, showing how much it effects him.

Zimmer's bat-score was great. Very emotional and frighting.

Elfman's bat-score is great too but the Trumpets and Horns make it too adventure like with that dark feeling
Of course it fits with the direction Burton was going for in the films but probably not with Nolan's

Goldenthal's bat score for BF and B&R had the same feeling like Elfmans but the dark feeling was missing.

I'm glad Zimmer decided not to do Elfman's theme. It's a whole new start for the franchise anyhow, why revisit the old stuff?

That's not what he said AT ALL. He said he tried a more traditional superhero theme.

The Batman Begins theme was nothing like either of those ...

[YT]FPrHH3DOaSE[/YT]

+

[YT]729i-eh-6uY[/YT]

=

[YT]KlOEk_1_UWQ[/YT]

Zimmer's Bat-theme was great, but they keep telling him about Elfman so it seems he lost it and called Elfman's theme "jolly" when in fact is perfect and far memorable than his. It combined darkness and heroism (and pelase, it was far from being Supermanish).

Last 2 things Zimmer needed to do were a) to imitate Elfman and b) to call Elfman's perfect theme names, showing how much it effects him.

YEP

A whole jolly club full of jolly pirate nicknames :o

Elfman>>>>>Walker>>>Goldenthal>Zimmer & Howard.

Does the "BB" score fit with Nolan's take on the character? Yes.
Is it generic in tone? Yes.

Is it as memorable as any of the Batman music that's come before it? No. Even Neal Hefti's theme for the 60s series is more identifiable to Batman than the 'Begins' score.

CFE

There is no sad about it, it's a different Batman theme

He didn't so much want to do it, but he tried to do it and it came out awful in comparison to the dark grittiness of Nolan's vision. I myself read this article that was linked and compared the two themes. I'm inclined to say Zimmer's is much better in that I don't feel like I'm being assaulted by the music. There's something quietly seductive above Zimmer's music.

I agree, 'zilla. It was never meant to be an anthem, it was meant to be a seductive piece of music that complemented the film in tone and its atmospheric qualities.

I love the Elfman theme, and it suited the films it was with. Likewise, the Begins' theme fitted with what went on screen like a glove.

I love both themes alot, for me Elfmans theme will always be better and more memorable, but I love what Zimmer and Howard have done for the new franchise! I even like the BF theme too!

The music is supposed to support the movie without being glaringly obvious. Zimmer knows how to set the mood for the movies he's scored. The somber, quiet themes build up the scene making it much more effective. Elfman's theme (while memorable and identifiable) sometimes detracts the audience away from what's going on. It becomes loud and ends up taking over the scene. .

I'd rather listen to Hans Zimmer than Elfman.

[YT]FPrHH3DOaSE[/YT]

+

[YT]729i-eh-6uY[/YT]

=

[YT]KlOEk_1_UWQ[/YT]

owned3.jpg

Zimmers score for Begins was one of the most unmemorable scores I've ever heard, and really the weakest part of the whole movie. He has no right to be talking crap about anything Elfman did for the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"