Zombies

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
Did anyone else read this mini? I thought it was actually pretty cool...the art was creepy and surreal, but at the same time had a certain realistic vibe to them...it was quite strange. Exaggerated realisim I guess is the best way to describe it.

But the point is the mini kicked ass, and was a lot more serious in tone than MZ (although not as creepy either).

Any thoughts or opinions? Anyone else want to see a sequel?

Marvel Zombies has some great characters, but the story sucks. First it does that whole "Reed Richard's is a complete a--hole" storyline that's been dominating Marvel U. since Civil War. Second, there is no rhyme or reason to who gets infected. People like Wolverine, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Thor and Hercules don't make much sense as infected zombies due to their natures. Furthermore the story omits pretty vast portions of necessary information such as...what happened to all the robots. Surely Vision, Machine Man, Box, etc. etc. ought to be mounting some sort of counter offensive against the zombies. And as for the devouring of SS, it still doesn't make sense. It worked well as a tongue and cheak humor book which I happily chuckled at, it works EVEN better as a Deadite tie in for good ole' Ashley J. Williams. What it doesn't work on is a serious level. There was too much explanation as exposition in spots, and they still did not iron out enough of the contradictions in the story to fully explain what was going on.

I really liked it and the Army of Darkness Vs. Marvel Zombies books. I just looked at it as a bit of mindless fun and expected nothing more from it, and I was pleased.
Best bet with anything not from 616 or Ultimates is just not to think about it. 'Cos they normally wont tell you what is going on. Sometimes I just like it that way, saves me having to turn on a console or load a game up to get some raw escapism.

I still don't get how you infect Ghost Rider .. theres nothing to bite.

Are you guys talking about Marvel Zombies or the MAX series called "Zombie"?

ZOMBIE #1 (of 4)
Written by MIKE RAICHT
Pencils & Cover by KYLE HOTZ

Yeah sorry for the confusion guys.... I didn't mean the MARVEL ZOMBIES minis, I meant the Max Zombie series with Simon Garth :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"