Deadpool 2 $ £ ¢ € ¥ | The Box Office Thread | ¥ € ¢ £ $

BoxOfficeReport.com said:
Deadpool 2 grossed an estimated $3.45M this weekend. 45-Day total stands at $310.35M.
https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/1013431423091392512

BoxOfficeReport.com said:
Deadpool 2 grossed an estimated $2.8M internationally this weekend. International total stands at $408.7M, global total stands at $719.1M.
https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/1013439880737652736

Looks like it'll end up with about $320M domestic and $415M OS for about $735M worldwide in the end. Going to turn a very nice profit.

Deadpool 2 ended up having a highly respectable run.

Nice to hit all 3 of those benchmarks but I was hoping for more before finding out about the opening weekend.

Nice to hit all 3 of those benchmarks but I was hoping for more before finding out about the opening weekend.
An R-rated movie doing this much money is pretty impressive. Especially one based on a comic book.

An R-rated movie doing this much money is pretty impressive. Especially one based on a comic book.

Yeah, but we knew that and still expected more. I know people changed their minds like me after the opening weekend but before that, optimism about beating the first was high.

We also all thought this was gonna play in China for awhile.

These are still insane numbers for a $100m budgeted R rated non-mcu comic book film playing in-between Infinity War and Solo.

Yeah, but we knew that and still expected more. I know people changed their minds like me after the opening weekend but before that, optimism about beating the first was high.

Yeah, I thought this would easily beat the first. A lot of people did. Still a great achievement tough. DP is as popular as anyone with Generation Y and that's an important factor going forward. Legs will generally be strong.

I thought this would beat the first WW had it gotten a China release and had it gotten a China release, it would have. The reality is though the benchmark the first one set domestically was just too high for it to match/beat so expecting it to beat it domestically and you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Deadpool 2 making over $363M domestically was going to be hard to do regardless but especially given the release schedule. It was losing its premium screens immediately to Solo which hurt it badly. That it managed to survive after that weekend and to also survive the one-two punch of Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World 2 says a lot about the film. The numbers may not match the first, but its run has still been incredible to watch Imo. Furthermore, it is looking to come close to the original OS though and may even match it which is great. Deadpool 2's run reminds me of Spider-man 2's run. It didn't beat the original but had a great retention rate which bodes well for the third (if they make a DP3 not counting the X-force movie).

Either way the retention rate for the film is fantastic and shows that Deadpool wasn't some one trick pony and that audiences really enjoy the character.

As someone on BOT said: The Deadpool franchise has thus far cost Fox $168M production wise and has brought them in over $1.5B+ at the box office without China or 3D. Five years ago who would have thought this would be possible?

Just to update:

Domestic: $310,474,309 43.1%
+ Foreign: $409,188,586 56.9%
= Worldwide: $719,662,895

It had a terrific domestic last weekend, dropping just 28% versus the prior weekend.

So, $750 million worldwide anyone?

I don’t think it’s got the steam, though I’d love to be wrong. It’s shedding a lot of screens and this was likely it’s last $1 million-plus weekend. 735 seems possible, maaaaaybe 740 if it hangs around long enough.

Still a great run no matter how you slice it.

I love it when a film gets the round number on all 3, dom, OS and WW.

The soundtrack of the movie #Ashes played a big role for the success of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"