Deadpool 2 $ £ ¢ € ¥ | The Box Office Thread | ¥ € ¢ £ $

Status headed into the weekend:

DEADPOOL 2
$1.33M Thursday
$285.88M Total (North America)

Boxoffice.com’s prediction is $8.7 million for the weekend, which would be another great hold if it happens.

According to Deadline it will be skipping ahead of Solo this weekend. Incredible!

Wow another huge movie for Disney, that opening weekend guarantees a $400 million North America gross.

Wow another huge movie for Disney, that opening weekend guarantees a $400 million North America gross.

Kind of crazy that it's June and this is looking like it could be the 9th biggest opening weekend ever, and still dwarfed by 2 other Disney efforts. 1, 6 and 9 on the all time opening weekend chart by June is a good first 6 months work lol.

Should be around $295M domestic after this weekend... Should hit $300M by next weekend. Looking at all the competition it had, thats impressive.

@boxoffice:

DEADPOOL 2
$8.80M Weekend (Est.)
3,212 Screens / $2,739 Avg.
Weekend 5 / -37.8% Change
$294.68M Total (North America)
#Deadpool? ? #Deadpool2? ? #BoxOffice

Right on target. I’d guess it hits 300 Thursday or Friday.

Glad to see $300m is happening.

Might end up north of 320 when all is said and done, assuming it keeps holding the way it has the last couple weeks. Really a nice job.

Oh right, great!

Hitting both $300M domestic and $700M WW next weekend.

Atm I'm expecting it to end up with $315-320M domestic and ~$415M OS for about $730M worldwide.

Nice, all the milestones. 300m, 400m and 700m.

Hitting both $300M domestic and $700M WW next weekend.

Atm I'm expecting it to end up with $315-320M domestic and ~$415M OS for about $730M worldwide.

Which would be a great result, and only a minor dip compared to the original despite the summer release AND major (MAJOR!) competition.

Deadpool is 100% blockbuster material. Definitely not a one hit wonder.

Can't wait for 'X-FORCE'. Whoever ends up getting 20th Century Fox would be insane for trying to mess with Ryan Reynolds and his team.

They're responsible for two critically acclaimed R-rated smash hits.

Last edited:
And people said there was no way this would make $300 million. It's easily going to cross that and could likely hit $320 million.

And people said there was no way this would make $300 million. It's easily going to cross that and could likely hit $320 million.

Yeah, well, that's mainly because those people HOPED that there would be no way this would make $300 million.

Yeah, well, that's mainly because those people HOPED that there would be no way this would make $300 million.

The way I see it is like this. Is Deadpool better than the original? No it's not. But it's still a good movie and a solid sequel. And that's OK.

To be fair, after Memorial Day weekend it looked very much like it might miss 300. Not by a lot, but still would fall short. But it’s held very, very well since.

On the OS front mojo has it adding another $18 million to $394.86 million and a grand total of $689.5 million WW. Should top 400/700 Thursday or Friday tho we probably won’t have official numbers until after next weekend.

The way I see it is like this. Is Deadpool better than the original? No it's not. But it's still a good movie and a solid sequel. And that's OK.

Personally, I think the movie's as good as the original and a perfect sequel. The two movies complement each other beautifully, with each telling its own, distinct story.

So it doesn't really strike me as a "and that's OK" situation. I couldn't be happier with the movie and I'm glad it's doing gangbusters at the BO.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the movie's as good as the original and a perfect sequel. The two movies complement each other beautifully, with each telling its own, distinct story.

So it doesn't really strike me as a "and that's OK" situation. I couldn't be happier with the movie and I'm glad it's doing gangbusters at the BO.
I don't completely agree but that's OK.

I don't think it's as good as the original but it's still good and quite funny.

Deadpool 2 was abit like Kingman 2. it tried to up itself from the first and do more with the budget.

Whether that worked for everyone or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"