Animation “My Adventures with Superman” in the works at Max

Guys, I assure you, there is no misdirection. That is Jor-el with the eyepatch.

There is one key component that we haven't seen yet, is the Kents finding Clark. Which, given the events of Zero Day, has me extremely curious how that happened. I have a hard time believing that given all that happened on Zero Day, they would not have found Clark's buried space ship.

Wonder if either of the two characters I remember reading were cast show up this episode or if they're saved for the next ten episodes.

Loved it! This is definitely in the running for my favorite season of Superman TV tbh.

Jonathan Kent might be my favorite character on this show. His every line is gold.

Glad we dealt the with Sam stuff this season, as I'm not sure much longer they could've drawn it out. Also glad Lois figured it out herself instead of being told by Clark. Interested to see where they go with Sam now, since he's still got his job.

A little heartbreaking that Clark hasn't yet figured out Jor-El's on his side. I see you playing coy with the true identity of "Nemesis Omega," Show! That "kneel" line was a total misdirect imo. "I have found a new planet for you," indeed.

And now for the agonizing wait for S2. :(

Super family Thanksgiving episodes continue, one of the best gifts of Supergirl.

I love the Kents. Did not expect Sam Lane to be invited to Thanksgiving, but it was great. Was not expecting Martha to hate him. John sitting in front of the turkey was amazing. And that was so Lana Lang in the pic with young Clark.

The new kryptonite effects add just a bit more horror to the old weakness.

Need a rewatch, but I think some of my assumptions may be off. Of course, they may misleading me. Still convinced of the id of the person in the suit during Zero Day. The episode didn't give me as much lore as I want, but it teased me enough.

I will be sad if Jimmy selling Flamebird means we don't get the soundeffect whenever he mentions it.

Great end to an incredible first season. This series stayed true to the essence of these characters and their world while reimagining it for the modern era. This series is a nice companion to SM:TAS and even Superman and Lois as well and I can’t wait to see where the creative team takes this series in Season 2 with the developments throughout the first season.

Loved it! This is definitely in the running for my favorite season of Superman TV tbh................................

And now for the agonizing wait for S2. :(

I wouldn't worry about that Chick, this show was announced all the way back in 2021, I'd be shocked if they haven't finished (or just about) S2. I'm guessing early 2024 or heck, even late 2023 isn't out of the question but I guess they wouldn't want to blow their proverbial load too early.

A little heartbreaking that Clark hasn't yet figured out Jor-El's on his side. I see you playing coy with the true identity of "Nemesis Omega," Show! That "kneel" line was a total misdirect imo. "I have found a new planet for you," indeed.

From what I've read Nemesis Omega might be:

Lara Lor-Van, Aka Mama El herself, after being taken over by Brainiac.

It certainly would be interesting if they go with that angle.

From what I've read Nemesis Omega might be:

Lara Lor-Van, Aka Mama El herself, after being taken over by Brainiac.

It certainly would be interesting if they go with that angle.
Huh. I've read
there's a simulation of Lara Lor-Van created by Brainiac coming up.

Either way, should be interesting.

You know Chick, I haven't even began to watch the series yet! After all the crap from Snyder and then those CW idiots turning Superman into a beta-punching bag on Supergirl I've become very jaded when it comes to Superman adaptations so I haven't watched Superman and Lois and wasn't even planning on watching My adventures either but apparently the series is a great superman showpiece (even if it looks like an anime-reject series). So I'm gonna take a page out of our boy Kal's optimism and watch the show with an open mind. Best leave my jaded side with Batman where it belongs.

Great finale for the season. The wait for season 2 is gonna suck. Especially with that tease :eek:

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the twists and turns with the lore. Really curious as to when we'll actually get to learn about Jor-El's story and if he'll be able to communicate with Clark. Those Kryptonite effects are horrifying, and I wonder if the crystallization is something that's a really early concept for how Doomsday will be brought to life in this world.

Always happy to see more of the Kents. They're just as adorable as their son. Ma Kent being so frustrated about Sam's question of Clark was great. I'll be disappointed if we don't get more Flamebird next season, if only for the sound effect, but I love how casual Jimmy dropped that on everyone :hehe:

I think you'll enjoy it. I still say you're missing out big time on Superman & Lois, the best live-action portrayal of the character I've seen, but that's your prerogative. ;)

Believe me chick, a part of me really wants to, I actually love Tyler Hoechlin, the guy's a great actor (held his own opposite Tom Hanks in his first movie role) and he just seems so down to earth and likable in interviews and what not. Not to mention the fact that his dad is a colleague of mine (even though we've never met or worked with each other). The big problem is that when I ever see Tyler's Superman I remember that noodered Superman from that awful Supergirl show and I just can't bring myself to watching S&L even though I hear that S&L's Clark is a completely different from the Supergil Clark.

Believe me chick, a part of me really wants to, I actually love Tyler Hoechlin, the guy's a great actor (held his own opposite Tom Hanks in his first movie role) and he just seems so down to earth and likable in interviews and what not. Not to mention the fact that his dad is a colleague of mine (even though we've never met or worked with each other). The big problem is that when I ever see Tyler's Superman I remember that noodered Superman from that awful Supergirl show and I just can't bring myself to watching S&L even though I hear that S&L's Clark is a completely different from the Supergil Clark.
That's such a silly reason to me, I'm sorry. :funny: It's literally a different Clark lol. And even if it weren't, it's different writers on a different show. If it's good, what else matters? :funny:

That's such a silly reason to me, I'm sorry. :funny: It's literally a different Clark lol. And even if it weren't, it's different writers on a different show. If it's good, what else matters? :funny:

How dare you use pure logic to confuse my already confused feelings!!! Infact how dare you use logic in an animation message board, period!!!:wink:

I was underwhelmed with the season finale. It left me with more questions than answers. I am guessing the thing at the end was Braniac?

From the way Kryptonite affected the Brainiac robots and other machinery, it seems the technology is based on Kryptonian biology. I wonder if the robots are this show's version of Apokoliptian parademons, assimilated Kryptonians in this case.

It was fairly obvious the Parasite armor had a biological component. And I suspect the slight biological component in the other weapons are what is going to start to affect their wearers like with Livewire. And Brainiac tends to not be pure technology.

The kryptonite effect has me thinking of Doomsday for some reason.

I don’t watch much animated stuff. I have seen a few episodes of the old S:TAS (a long time ago). As I recall, it was just… ok. This series, however, was much better. IMO. And its greatest strength was the Clark/Supes and Lois characterizations and chemistry. Really quite engaging.

I did find the villain(s) arc to be a tad confusing and convoluted. And for the most part, I was marking time during the action scenes — waiting for the more interesting character moments between C & L. Though, to be fair, the villain plot here was probably more coherent than most CW/DC villain plots. :ninja:

Between this and Superman & Lois I honestly don't know which show I love more right now, but I'm just glad that we were able to get two fantastic Superman shows after the crap we've had to go through during the Snyder era.

I'd also love to see a bit more worldbuilding within this universe with other superheroes. I do really like how they established the villains this season, but I want to see so much more of this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"