Animation “My Adventures with Superman” in the works at Max

why do I get the feeling their building up to a huge retcon to Superman's origin

There really isn't much to retcon yet. I mean, yeah, its clear the lore is extremely different than we have seen before. Different continuity, different lore is fine. I mean, we still haven't even seen how Johnathon and Martha found Clark. And there are still tons of questions of what happened between Jor-El and Lara putting him in the pod and the Kents finding him, and how Zero Day was involved.

Screw Superman & Lois. THIS show needs its own section.

raw
I stand by this.

The hologram (whomever he is) has too much agency to be a simulation. I know, Kryptonian computers are that good, but for storytelling purposes the hologram seems more like V.R. telepresence of someone who is still alive.

I'd love a few more seasons of this show! While they're doing a lot of things differently, I think the core trio of Clark/Lois/Jimmy is just about perfect, and I can roll with the other changes.

The first season of My Adventures With Superman is stellar. They're not afraid of embracing the comic roots.

If you're wondering they didn't use Lex, Brainiac, and General Zod it's because Warner placed restrictions in that they need to be built towards. In the meantime they got to use lesser-known villains.

He says season 2 already in the can so I’m wondering if he means voice recording or the whole production for S2.

I mean, they ordered 20 episodes, so the second season was pretty far along when the first season aired.

I mean, they ordered 20 episodes, so the second season was pretty far along when the first season aired.
True. I’m just glad that next year our double dose of Superman TV media will continue with S2 of this series and Superman and Lois final season.

It's currently 1:24am Christmas morning here in Australia (Merry Christmas, all). Was just doing some absent minded scrolling through my streaming services a few hours ago and lo and behold, this is finally available down here... and has been for almost two months?! Lovely little Christmas present.

I'm three episodes deep and so far the whole thing's just adorable, I'm digging it.

Will Season 2 air on Adult Swim again?

Ok finally finished it and I adored it. Best superman adaption in ages. There were a few ideas there I would love for Gunn to incorporate.

i wonder if this anime-esque style might work for other characters too?

They better be ordering more episodes. While they have been promoting/''working'' on a season two, the reality is that they were picked up for 20 episodes a long time ago.

No actual renewal has taken place... that we know of... yet.

MAWS is getting a home release….. but on DVD only so far. SMH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"