11.3 - Haunted - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Smallville' started by ironman29758, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

Well Bart in the episode Run was a little more blonde than brunette and had a comics Barry/John Wesley Shipp Barry style haircut then as Justice and Doomsday came he had a more brunette/comic Bart hairstyle. Plus in Prophecy(a Brian Q Miller episode) he was given a lot of Barry traits(his file reads that he has Blonde hair, blue eyes, the ability to pass through solid objects and is a Central City resident plus he had Captain Cold as a villain basically).

This was the second episode BQM gave Bart more Flash like traits-first being Hex(him and Clark going to Keystone City/hometown of Wally West, Jay Garrick and Bart Allen Kid Flash) to deal with a crisis which in a podcast interview was revealed to be a rampaging gorilla as a shoutout to Gorilla Grodd and Ollie was going to say "Bart always gets the interesting rouges" but was later cut due to time restraints and they didn't want a League member taking too much time from Zatanna's debut episode but maybe it can appear in the comic.)

2. The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

selling low in print? :confused: I had heard the book was doing very well, at least digitally.

3. LJ-90

LJ-90 Member

It sells ok in digital (I'm not sure if it's still #1 every week) but in print it sells around 19 000, in twitter a fan said that's kinda low and BQM just said that those have been the numbers for a while. Also, a fan asked if we would get a "Christmas" issue and BQM said that it wouldn't work this year and the same fan said "there's always next year, right?" and he just said "fingers crossed".

Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'm worried about the book, that's all. I don't want it to go away any time soon.

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I worry about that too. But in Smallville's case I think digital sales are more important. So I hope it doesn't get cancelled soon.

5. The Incredible Hulk

I buy my digital copy religiously every Friday (when there is a new one) on comixology. Havent picked up one of the print books yet however.

6. LJ-90

LJ-90 Member

I'm going to order the trade for Guardian, it's easier for me, I would order every issue in print but it gets kinda expensive for me. I would like that DC let the trades come out faster, I mean, Guardian finished like 3 months ago and I still have to wait a lot for the trade.

Anyway, the episode looks great, I always loved Bart. And I really hope this has to do with the Crisis, BQM said Haunted is Lois-heavy and we'll learn about Eart-2 there so...

It looks even better than Detective!

7. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. ironman29758

Thanks Binker you are the man! First Bart and now Jay too! This is a dream come true. I wonder what Chloe finds out. Maybe Clark Luthor has something to do with this. I wonder how much Lois finds out Lex's secret.

9. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

Given the last scene of Clark Luthor, I wonder if Earth-2 Ultraman/Superman had a redemption story gone tragic at the end (because of a Crisis element).

10. ironman29758

well seeing as how Haunted begins tomorrow there has been couple of spoiler reveals and interviews:

first from Amazon(don't know if it's legit or not):
    http://www.amazon.com/Smallville-Se...5348609&sr=1-13&keywords=Smallville+Season+11
    second from TV GUIDE which includes pictures as well as the reveal of the print issue 9 cover:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville-Season-11-Comic-Book-1057735.aspx
    http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/Smallville-Season-11-1057741
    Flash Bart Allen SV S11 smallville1-intro1_325x500.jpg

Superman RS Lex Luthor SV S11 smallville1-1_500x383.jpg

Flash Bart Allen SV S11 smallville1-2_500x386.jpg

11. ironman29758

Flash Bart Allen SV s11 smallville1-3_500x384.jpg

Flash Bart Allen SV S11 smallville1-4_500x384.jpg
    Plus BQM said on twitter there would be an interview with IGN either today or tomorrow.

12. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Bart is looking more like his grandfather, Barry.

It's a shame that we had to see Clark beat Bart in a speed race in print than what we saw on TV.

13. ironman29758

Is it wrong for me to say I hope Bart beats Clark in the end? I guess that it means Bart is closer to his destiny as Smallville's Flash(especially since Jay Garrick is coming in #11, and Bryan gave Smallville Bart a lot of Flash/Barry elements in Hex and Prophecy through mentions and notes)

14. smallville fan

Isn't Clark faster than Bart when he flies?

15. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

He should be or at least be equal to his speed.

16. ironman29758

Here is the IGN Interveiw with BQM which has a few spoilers bolded:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12...ustice-league?abthid=50cb312b33d228107c00009e

by the way does anyone knows what happens in the latest chapter?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  17. The Incredible Hulk

thoughts on Haunted thus far?

18. ironman29758

Well I'm going to buy the print issue 9 in stores, next week but based on what I heard from the little spoilers around the Internet, it's going great and the only problem was people don't like the costume(to me it looks like a combination of the comics Impulse look as well as the Smallville Impulse costume without the hood with Bart looks more like Barry with a little Kyle Gallner infused but personality is 100%Kyle Bart)

but yeah from what I've seen and heard I'm loving what Bryan Q Miller is doing with the Smallville cast(I felt ever since Hex that BQM wanted to write a Bart/Clark team up scene if not a episode) and like the callbacks to previous episode and how he introduced/is introducing
    Psimon, Monsieur Mallah, The Brain and Black Flash
    and can't wait for the next chapter.

19. smallville fan

Aww for a moment I was totally psyched that the Gorilla in today's issue was Grodd :(

It would've been so awesome if it was Grodd

20. ironman29758

Yeah I thought BQM was going to finally do the scene he was talking about in one of the Podcasts about "Hex" where he expanded on the mission in Keystone City with Bart and Clark where they were chasing after a rampaging Gorilla and Oliver delivers a line about "Bart always gets the most interesting Rouges" but I'm glad they got to show the other famous gorilla Supervillain and I kind of hope they either mention/hint at it or show it either in Haunted or the next time Bart shows up in the comic.

21. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Great chapter. Action-packed with some good Lex character moments. I was surprised they showed The Brain and Monsieur Mallah but I'm glad they put a good spin on them. BQM seems to enjoy giving campy villains like Prankster, Psimon and Brain a better take and make them relevant to the overall story. So far, so good. That was obviously The Black Flash after Bart, and as a huge fan of the Speed Force concept, I'm very happy they put that element in. The "Monkey" line was priceless. The art was great. I hope Jimenez draws more chapters than the other rotating artists, because he's just awesome. He draws Clark youthful and serious at the same time, with enough similarity to Tom while still putting his own spin on his looks. As a Smallville fan and DC reader, I'm delighted to see such a great balance between faithfulness to the source and artistic expression. Haunted may turn out to be the best chapter of S11 so far. ​

22. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

See I knew the solution would be for Clark to take a sun bath to remove the iso radiation . It's interesting that Emil is sightly fearful that the process could eventually turn Clark into raw energy . (like Electric Superman which occurred in the comics after Clark was transported into the very heart of Sun to restore his powers)

23. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Wasn't the "Sun will turn you into raw energy" thing from the All-Star Superman series?

24. dru-zod2501

dru-zod2501 Well-Known Member

Bart beat Clark in the race (as many of us expected anyway), but I call baloney on the idea that Clark's ground speed should decrease now that he can fly. I mean, I can sort of understand the reasoning behind it, but it still smells like ********. Even at his top speeds Clark still can't beat Flash, never could...

25. N7 Joseph Shepard

N7 Joseph Shepard Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

The whole Electric Superman was actually a parasite that latched on to Superman and changed his powers, I think they called it the "Strange Visitor" and it was a she who took the Electric Superman suit after they split