Smallville 11.3 - Haunted - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

smlvll_11__02.jpg

Cool cover.

The new issue was pretty good. Nice references to season 6's "Justice" and to some of the meteor freaks from season 1 as well as Season 4's "Run".

I wonder what was the deal with the end?

Aren't they also in the same place where Doomsday is sill residing?

SMVLS11_Cv12.jpg

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #12
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by JORGE JIMENEZ
Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
On sale APRIL 3 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
• All-new digital adventures in print for the first time!
• The shocking conclusion to “Haunted.”
• Superman and Impulse face off against the Black Flash in Las Vegas!
• Meanwhile, events move into crisis mode on Earth 2...

....is that the Smallville version of the Electric Blue Superman??

Am I the only one on this planet who wasn't agaisnt that storyline lol. People even compare it to the Clone Saga.

It may be some kind of suit made by Star Labs especially so Clark can fight the Black Flash off, who knows. Like I said, I was not against the Electric Superman story either way.

I'm kinda iffy on the electric blue Superman suit because it wasn't my favorite arc.

As for the Smallville Black Flash look, I like how he doesn't look like the a demonic decaying black flash and more like a monster but at the same time I kind of wish it was the classic Black Flash look or a decaying version of the Smallville Impulse(1st or 2nd) or Smallville Jay Garrick. I wish I could have seen how it would be seen on the live action show(possibly similar to how they did Darkseid, the shadow killer, Doomsday and Silver Banshee)

The new issue was pretty good. Nice references to season 6's "Justice" and to some of the meteor freaks from season 1 as well as Season 4's "Run".

I wonder what was the deal with the end?

Aren't they also in the same place where Doomsday is sill residing?

No the place they went to in this episode was only the place that was in the episode "Justice". The place where they buried Doomsday is a completely different place. I like how they referenced all those episodes and was happening with Bart originated from and made the meteor rock effects a myth.

Now I'm wondering when Jay Garrick appears if BQM will reference how Bart stole his ID in "Run" and where Jay Garrick was during Hawkman's funeral as well as Absolute Justice when Icicle jr. And Checkmate was attacking but knowing Bryan he almost definitely will.

Last edited:
Yeah, Bryan knows his craft. He seems to be doing his research well, since everything connected to past episodes make perfect sense so far.

Well at this point, the Smallville comic is hardly about trying to look more believable. Also, keep in mind that Scott Kolins' art is way too cartoony. Gimenez not only captures the feel of the show perfectly, he also draws the costumes a bit more seriously. So I bet in the interiors the electric blue suit will look at least somewhat less comical.

the black flash monster thing is ****ing creepy, man.

lol I love how Clark refers back to Lois' rules of reporting in chapter 31.

That was a fantastic chapter. Felt like Smallville more than ever before.

The Clark Luthor flashbacks were my favorite part this week. He resembled Tom even more than regular Clark lol. Damn, Jimenez will be missed after Haunted. His art is top notch.

He reminded me more of Clark from "Crusade". The black shirt, dark jeans, it was awesome.

Clark Luthor is ruthless as opposed to Red Kryptonite Clark or Reprogrammed Clark.

He was like the Terminator here.

YPQ6jIm.png

NQ8UWYU.png

SfN47P6.png

DJ6czRb.png

CFING2q.png

I said he reminded me visually of reprogrammed Clark, not that he was acting like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"