2 interview jobs

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever applied to, or gotten, a job that involved going through 2 or more interviews?

I'm in that situation now. Last week I had an interview with a print company called Ikon, the interview went great until the manager I had the interview with said that I had to have a second interview with his manager. Apparently I made a good impression according to him and I would have had the job right now, but now I have to wait for his manager to decide if I get it or not.

This is common practice for some companies

Make sure to burb alot and also put your feet on the table and lean way back in the chair and periodically say " How do you figure that?".. then just lean back with a giant grin on your face. You may not get the job but at least you'll make an impression

PyroChamber said:
Has anyone here ever applied to, or gotten, a job that involved going through 2 or more interviews?
Yep...it's a good sign for you. Even if you don't get this job...you can mention at the next interview with a diferent company that you had a second callback for this one. Also...if the company wants to hire someone else in a few months...they generally go back and recall some of the second interviews for the new opening.

Tell them you have incriminating photos of them in unsightly positions with stray dogs. Always works.

If that fails wear a suit and try darn hard to impress those sons a *****es! good luck dude.

Good Luck ! Just relax, dress for success , make eye contact, and have a great understanding of what the job is and what you expect from it.Then sell yourself with confidence. Remember you are the product; so sell it ....

PyroChamber said:
the manager I had the interview with said that I had to have a second interview with his manager.
Wow. That's ******ed. Why waste your time like that?

If hiring is a joint decision, why didn't they both meet with you, or if the manager's manager is the shot-caller, why not just have you interview with him...once?

I'm the head concierge here and we rarely need to hire, but when we do, I have to interview the applicants. You can tell pretty much instantly if someone is right for the job from reading their resume and then talking to them for half an hour or so.
:confused:

Did they make you go pee-pee in a cup too?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
No, but since you have to take drug test there I might have to if I'm hired.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

If hiring is a joint decision, why didn't they both meet with you, or if the manager's manager is the shot-caller, why not just have you interview with him...once?

I'm the head concierge here and we rarely need to hire, but when we do, I have to interview the applicants. You can tell pretty much instantly if someone is right for the job from reading their resume and then talking to them for half an hour or so.

A lot of companies do this. You have one person interview a lot of applicants...then they cut it down to several of the most promising...and you have a second interview with the company.

my last two jobs were like that. The company I'm at now, the CEO basically hired me on the spot and was like, what day can you come in? :eek: I had never had that happen in my life.

Yeah, the upper manager wants to make the final decision, but he also doesn't want to waste his time with the riff-raff

yeah, I said "riff-raff"

I have seen this in my time for IT Technical positions

3 interviews (unless you are going for a high level management position)

1st level is to find out if you are breathing
2nd level is to find out if you have any competancy
3rd level is to find out if you can actually do the job

Lackey said:
Yeah, the upper manager wants to make the final decision, but he also doesn't want to waste his time with the riff-raff

yeah, I said "riff-raff"
That's exactly how they feel.

And they call us worse things than riff-raff.

I've always had 2 interviews for every job I've had. Sometimes; both were on the same day and other times, they were days apart.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Mainly because the "shot-caller" does not have the time to see every applicant.

terry78 said:
my last two jobs were like that. The company I'm at now, the CEO basically hired me on the spot and was like, what day can you come in? :eek: I had never had that happen in my life.

Smells like affirmative action.

You're black right?

Outsiderzedge said:
Smells like affirmative action.

You're black right?
They already have three other black employees. But even if it was AA, I won't pass it up on principle. I gots ta get paid!

They'd never own up to it even if it was, though.

Yeah, but when you're the only black guy in the building; you'd figure it out. :(

LOL, I'd see one other asian girl, a mexican guy, a sikh wearing a turban in accounting, and everyone else is white.

Gotta have a "Turban-Guy".

I used to work for MBNA(big bank in Delaware) and it consisted of like 3 buildings. Well the top 2 floors of one building looked like a damn 50 Cent concert. There were more black people congregated there than in the entire state of Rhode Island. Segregation, yo :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"