Dream Job Interview

The Guard

Avenger
Reaction score
Ok...not a dream job. But tomorrow I have an interview for the job I've been working toward for 2 years since I started in the insurance game: casualty.

Basically I'm going for the role of the most evil of all evil insurance company employees. The person who denies claims, decides who is at fault, etc, etc, etc.

I had an interview for the position 8 months ago, and was told at the time "We didn't know who you were before, but we do now. We're really impressed with you, keep doing what you're doing, and make sure you apply next time a position comes open." Been promoted since then, doing really well, leader in my field, yadda yadda yadda.

The day resumes were due in, one of the hiring manager stopped by my desk to ask if I was applying, and another manager asked my current manager if I was applying. Then the OTHER hiring manager comes up today and says "By the way, I know you like costumes and such" (tomorrow is our company Halloween costume day), if you want to wear a costume tomorrow, we won't mind".

I feel like this bodes well. More when I get home.

Last edited:
Anyway...

Go to the job interview as Batman, yes or no?

No. if you are serious about the job. i would be serious about the interview and wear a suit and tie. it's a serious interview and you should dress for sucess. right after though i would slip into the batman costume, and if anybody give you grief about not being in costume for the interview. tell em you were ,you were dressed as Bruce Wayne and that now this is the real mother &^%$#* you!:cwink:
peace

^That's actually a fun idea. "Bruce Wayne" for the interview and before, Batman after.

Absolutely not.

As someone who has hired and interviewed people and who manages them I would highly recommend what black vulcan and Matt have stated. Do not dress up for the interview especially in one wearing a mask.

Good luck with it.

Turn up in a suit and if anyone asks why your not in a costume tell them you are and that your the narrator from the rocky horror picture show

Dress up like Batman! If they ask anything you don't like say you're the goddamn batman and they should shut up immediately.

Basically I'm going for the role of the most evil of all evil insurance company employees. The person who denies claims, decides who is at fault, etc, etc, etc..

Watch out. Jigsaw might get you.

/Saw VI reference.

Anyway...

Go to the job interview as Batman, yes or no?

Honestly, and I tell you this as someone who hires people:

If someone were to do that, I'd just thank them for their time, forgo the interview, and turn them away.

Be a pro about it, you'll be taken more seriously that way. All interviews should be done thusly. :p

Went as Bruce Wayne. Choked. Literally.

Drank some water and choked for a good minute.

Other than that it went well.

Hope you get it! Maybe one day I will get my dream job. The guy who puts the oil on the Swedish bikini model team is retiring next year.

Got the job.

So I guess choking in interviews works.

Well done. Now the hard part starts with you excelling at the job you just got!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"