2008....Who's it Gonna Be??

comicgirl

Goddess in Residence
Reaction score
Ok, guys. Who do you see going for the prize in '08 and why?

Batman with prep time.

Clinton. I don't really care who she's against. :ww:

41a8s0wjaclaa240fi8.jpg

:huh:

As of now, I feel like it will be Clinton vs. Romney. But if Romney loses Florida, then it will most likely be Clinton vs. McCain.

Some Gimmick Canidate vs Generic Republican

Obama vs. Huckabee

and Obama will win ;)

As of now, I feel like it will be Clinton vs. Romney. But if Romney loses Florida, then it will most likely be Clinton vs. McCain.
When it comes down to the nits and grits...Clinton is just as divisive as Bush the lesser....maybe more so. There's so much dirt the Rep. machine can throw at her its sickening. FOXNEWS will have a field day.

Christian Conservatives will come out of their graves to vote against her....

When it comes down to the nits and grits...Clinton is just as divisive as Bush the lesser....maybe more so. There's so much dirt the Rep. machine can throw at her its sickening. FOXNEWS will have a field day.

So, because she has problems in her history that the Republicans might attack, that voids her chances of winning the Democratic nomination?

What about Barrack Hussein Obama? Do you think Christian Conservatives are going to be easy on him? The amount of dirt they can throw at him far exceeds what they can throw at her-- whether that dirt is true or not. At least she knows how to defend herself. And not only does she know how to defend herself, she knows how to address voter concerns before the attacks can come flying in. Barack Obama just stands there, talking in circles, without actually addressing the attacks.

"But Obama is teh change candidate. What attacks could those be???//!1!" His past drug use, dealings with Tony Rezko, the false attacks claiming he's a Muslim... he's got a lot more on his plate to deal with than his supporters think.

Clinton has the nomination down. She has a very favorable advantage in the polls of almost every Super Tuesday state except for Obama's home state of Illinois and the South Carolina-esque Georgia.

She'll get the majority of delegates won that day and the media will portray her as inevitably getting the nomination because she'll win further contests in Virgina and Texas and others.

I guarantee that Obama will not get the nomination. While I would not bet on the Republican nomination, Clinton has this one in the bag on February 5.

I guarantee that Obama will not get the nomination. While I would not bet on the Republican nomination, Clinton has this one in the bag on February 5.

Romney needs Florida and three big states to secure the nomination. Considering he has his home state locked, and that he's tied in New York with McCain, he'll have to win one more state, which could be Texas or Illinois, where he ties with McCain.

Of course, a Florida loss may be devastating for him.

Personally, I'm rooting for Romney. While I dislike most of his current platform, I have a feeling that-- if he won the election-- he wouldn't extend Bush's term by another four to eight years. He has a sensible health care plan (though the whole 'you'll get fined if you don't have insurance' thing isn't my cup of tea), and knows economics, whereas McCain's main issue is keeping troops in Iraq, with no emphasis on any economic concerns (he admitted he doesn't know economics very well; that may be a stupid statement, considering the likely chances that our economy will be hurting by the time he's sworn in). Plus, he has a record of being bipartisan, since both state houses in Massachusetts were controlled by Democrats during his tenure. McCain will have problems uniting the Republican party alone; imagine how uniting both parties would be.

Plus, Romney is currently the electoral college's least-ranking player. So he'll also put the Democrat in a good position from the get-go, at least in Virginia, Ohio, and Missouri, where he currently (as of mid-January) loses to all three Democrats by 10-20 points. Romney is the best candidate for the Democrats in both senses, whether he loses or wins.

The media has already chosen Mccain vs Clinton for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"