2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread - March Madness is on!

This is the one and only time that I'll ever be a fan of Butler basketball.

Butler will never have more fans than it does tonight.

Didn't like Butler's second to last shot but it was great defense on Duke's part.

Well that was an amazing game...wow. I am in awe. That is going to go down as one of the best NCAA championship games of all time, even if the refs were terrible....but those refs did suck.

Both teams were amazing, both deserved to win it. But I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY that it is Duke!

Everybody keeps talking about how Butler was the Cinderella team, but I am sick of that. This is a Duke team whose seniors came in the year Duke lost in round 1. Everyone kept saying they didn't have the talent to ever go to the Final Four all four years. Everyone (even after the win) kicks Zoubek in the gut. Yet, there he was standing under the basket to get the defensive play and rebound, as well as the tactful free throws that won the game (the second shot was intentionally missed).

And I will never understand the hatred for Coach K. He wins a lot and on the court he is loud and sometimes foul. But win or lose, he is nothing but kind, respectful and gracious to the opposing team. And tonight was no different. He spoke almost as much of how great Butler was as Duke and how this run and game will elevate Butler as one of the best programs in the country. He urged the coach to stay and said they will be placed at either #1 or #2 in the pre-season rankings next fall. That is amazingly gracious praise.

But he wins so, he is hated. Oh well....BECAUSE HE AND THE BOYS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pulling for Butler real hard, I just love upsets. The mid-majors usually are the ones who are doing it, wether you like the term or not, you get my point.

Duke deserves to be champs. Butler did not lose, Duke just won. Congrads to them and their fans.

I wonder if this is going to be the best chance to have a non BCS school win a NCAA tournament. Its next to impossible in football, and with the new 96 format coming out I don't know if w will see more upsets or less...

Hell YEAH!

Dammit I had to work but my supervisor had his cell phone out giving us updates the entire game. Jesus it was like sitting on f'n nails but when we got the news that we'd won, man that place was rocking! Got home and watched the entire game and damn that was GREAT.

Butler's better than I thought but....

WE'RE THE CHAMPS BABY!

Wow two inches to the left and that halfcourt shot goes in for the greatest finish in College basketball ever!....too bad great game though.

It already was the one of the greatest finishes in college basketball hisory...

FOUR Championships.

Duke got lucky that near half court heave barely missed.

And 96 teams in the NCAA? Just put all the teams in. Give all the teams a gold star and have them all be winners. :doh:

UCONN Women's Basketball Champs again!

Back to Back undefeated seasons :woot:

j64hfk.jpg

^tourney MVP Maya Moore

Heh, have you seen the amount of pure Duke vitriol floating on the net? I mean DAMN there's more people pissed than usual when they want to take away Duke's national title for 'dirty play' from Zoubek.

Riiiiiight. :o

Congrats to Coach Kra'zeus'ky.

He's one of the best all time. I don't hate Duke-I've thought highly about more than a couple of their players, Bobby Hurly and Grant Hill offa the top of my head. He's a winner pure and simple. The Yankees...YES I hate the Yankees. Patriots and Steelers YES I LOATHE both of those clubs:cmad:. Duke has been doin the thang since I was in H.S. Am I a fan...HELLNO, but I don't hate them.

Butler freakin had a shot tho...

butlerhuddlex-topper-medium.jpg

Hometown may have lost but Indianapolis Won. Hosted one of the best Final Four's of all time. EXCELLENT Tourney.:o

:csad: Now my Sports season is truly over...bring on COLTS training camp

...:im::im:

Well now I shift to my Lakers/Yankees/Ravens. This has just been a great year for me, my NBA, MLB, and now ACC teams have all be crowned Champions.

It never ends for me lol.

2010 National Champions baby!

Epic front-runner is epic. :oldrazz:

Classic.:o

I've probably been a fan of all these teams, aside from the Ravens which didn't exist then, for longer than you've been alive. You probably only know Laetnner, Magic, or anyone else worth a damn from film and sports documentaries.

Didn't hear any front runner outcries for the years I've been here with the same Sig and not a Championship in sight for any of them. When Duke was getting ousted by Virginia Commonwealth. Or when the Yankees got schooled by the Sox. Or when the Lakers got curb stomped by the F'N Celtics.

So save your petulance kid, don't take it out on me because I have taste.

Riveting_tale_chap.jpg

You Duke/Yankee/Laker fans really are testy, huh? Srsly, though. I was just busting ye olde balls. Have fun being on top...for now. :yay:

BREAKING: CBS-Turner Have Opening For Expanded NCAA Tournament

Sports Business Daily is reporting that ESPN has decided not to increase its bid for an expanded NCAA Tournament. This means that a combined bid by CBS/Turner Sports will likely win the rights for the men's basketball tourney over a 14 year period. SBD's John Ourand and Michael Smith report that the rights would be worth more than the $710 million fee that CBS is currently responsible for the last three years of the current contract.

It also means that CBS and Turner, most likely TNT, would alternate coverage of the Final Four meaning that the event would be on cable for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"