2011 NFL Thread: The Lazarus Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Superhero
Reaction score
Alrighty kids, I bring to you your Official 2011 NFL Thread. Which, thanks to the bastard overlord known as Threadmaster, will no doubt be the first of at least two dozen. But that just speaks to strength of our NFL community, of course. :up:

So use this thread to discuss the upcoming season...

which we won't see until 2012. :awesome:

I don't think they'll be a lockout. The fans won't allow it.

I hope you guys don't mind if I post this again (in the appropriate thread, this time):

New Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden:

bilde

I want to have hope :csad:.

Hopefully, there's a season to discuss :up:

I think there will be a fairly short lockout, but it won't eliminate the season. Might last until the summer, but things will be worked out in the then.

I hope you guys don't mind if I post this again (in the appropriate thread, this time):

New Bengals Offensive Coordinator Jay Gruden:

bilde

I want to have hope :csad:.

If Jon Gruden were announced as head coach, there would be a reason to be optimistic. But Marvin Lewis is still pulling the strings, so I wouldn't be too pumped. :(

And in two sentences, Matt brings me crashing back down to reality :csad:.

Poor Bengals fans :csad:

I think the Browns will continue to improve and fight (and lose) for the wild card next year. Peyton Hill is love and McCoy aint half bad. Of course, Browns fans have to pray that the Mangenius firing doesn't bite them in the ass :o

Of course, all predictions are crazy at this point, but what the hell?

I hope we do not go through the Brett Favre nonsense again.

Well, on the bright side... Jay Gruden has better hair than his brother. That has to count for something, right?

Also, Favre is apparently trying to get involved with training Cam Newton or something. So if Newton gets drafted high, get ready for hours of analysis on how he's Brett's apprentice or whatever.

How come the odds makers have the Patriots the front runner to win the super bowl ? Does anyone feel the Patriots are starting to become overrated ? Its been over 5 years since they won the superbowl .

This year was a rebuilding year for them, yet they still finished the season with the best record in the NFL. They have two first round draft picks and two second round draft picks (one of which is the first pick of the second round). That gives them room to either trade up, trade for players, or get four top tier rookies (my guess is that they will trade the two second round picks and wind up with three first round picks). Tom Brady is still the best QB in the NFL. Bill Belichick is still the best coach in the NFL. It is impossible to predict what will happen in the playoffs (after all, a six seed just won the Super Bowl). But the Patriots are the safe bet on paper right now (and paper, at this point, is all we have to go on).

Last edited:
Please Rams get either Chad Johnson, Plaxico Burress, Terrel Owens or Randy Moss. Because while i would enjoy getting someone out of the draft all 4 of those guys are tremendous talents that could help the team immediately.

I have a feeling that things will get ugly for a while between the players and the owners. i think the March 4th deadline will come and go without a resolution, and the "league season" wont start right away, but this wont have much impact on the fans outside of the free agent frenzy that usually takes place that time of year.

We'll still have the draft no matter what as the college players dont become part of the NFLPA until they sign their rookie contracts, but I do think shortly after that, around May-June timeframe, you'll see an agreement reached followed by a free agent chaos right before training camp starts.

I'd expect a number of new wrinkles to the NFL next year based on the new CBA:

- a rookie salary scale/cap similar to the NBA/NHL
- a 17 game season as a compromise (preseason reduced to 2 or 3 games)
- expansion of team rosters from 53 players to 56 or 57.
- reinstitution of salary cap/floor with guaranteed escalation every year
- increased PED testing

Last edited:
Poor Bengals fans :csad:

I think the Browns will continue to improve and fight (and lose) for the wild card next year. Peyton Hill is love and McCoy aint half bad. Of course, Browns fans have to pray that the Mangenius firing doesn't bite them in the ass :o

Of course, all predictions are crazy at this point, but what the hell?

I am not very optimistic about the Shurmur hiring :csad:

I hope the Browns build off last year.

This year was a rebuilding year for them, yet they still finished the season with the best record in the NFL. They have two first round draft picks and two second round draft picks (one of which is the first pick of the second round). That gives them room to either trade up, trade for players, or get four top tier rookies (my guess is that they will trade the two second round picks and wind up with three first round picks). Tom Brady is still the best QB in the NFL. Bill Belichick is still the best coach in the NFL. It is impossible to predict what will happen in the playoffs (after all, a six seed just won the Super Bowl). But the Patriots are the safe bet on paper right now (and paper, at this point, is all we have to go on).

Yeah, I hate the Pats but I have to agree with Matt. Pats' biggest weakness is their lack of pass rush defense, but from what I've heard this year's draft class is loaded with pass defense players, so Belichick will probably use at least one of the two #1 draft picks on it. Jets will have to get better if they want to compete against Pats for AFC East crown.

May the 2011 season proceed without delay, and without Brett Favre.

Go Falcons :up:

I don't know. The Ravens Defense was banged up all year. So if they can young up the Defense a little this year and stay healthy I think they'll do well. Not Superbowl, but maybe the AFC Championship game.

remember that i said this... the cowboys are gonna have a great season this year.

the jets will too.

remember that i said this... the cowboys are gonna have a great season this year.

the jets will too.
Everyone said this last year too, and I guess you could say they were half right. The Cowboys are going to get Romo back, and that's a question mark, because honestly I felt the team was more effective under Kitna. As for the Jets. Yes, they are a good team, unfortunately they royally pissed off Belichick, who has a gazzillion draft picks and is going to try to make his division a living nightmare for all those in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"