2011 Spike VGAs

Rising...yep, that's definitely from Platinum Games. It had its Bayonetta moments. I'm not ragging. Platinum Games, formerly Clover Games, is a great development company.

Happy Skyrim won, awesome game! Man I felt so bad for Hideo, he was struggling with his English but don't worry about it Kojima san, the game looks awesome, SOLD!:awesome::up:

I think how funny it is that MGS4's original tagline was something like "No where to hide" or something alone those lines when that game still had stealth and espionage and covertness as a factor, where MGR would be much better suited to use that tagline.

Rising casts off this style (it seems) with pure action and combat. Raiden is bascially shouting "here I am! Come at me" opposed to Snake's "Shhh..." hide and strike maneuvers. Considering Platinum's handle on Bayonetta, Vanquished, and God Hand, they were the right choice to bring in on a game that will feature over-the-top combat and fast-paced everything.

Well I thought this was one of their better attempts. Zachary Levi did a surprisingly good job with what he had to work with and I'm glad they didn't murder Felicia Day with their Live Action Fruit Ninja bit.

Best moments:
-Joker's Acceptance Speech
-Miyamoto
-Sgt. Lipton (just for the horrible awkwardness of watching an award winner be tea bagged on T.V.)
-Zachary Levi's Health Bar
-The Trailers
-Felicia Day doing anything

Worst Moments:
-Everything Else.

I forgot to watch. Any noteworthy games announced?

MGS:Revengence was the best game announced/confirmed to still exist. At least for me.

Same here. Which came as a surprise to me.

I was always excited for Rising, but I felt the first trailer was kind of "meh". But with this RE-announcement, my hype went through the roof!

Depends on your tastes. Nothing got me hyped. I'm vaguely interested in MGR. 50/50.

Yeah, this was one of the biggest letdowns in VGA history for me, in terms of premieres and new games on the horizon. Last Of Us looks like yet another zombie-ish game, but I'll wait to see further developments to see if they've got a fresh approach or if, in fact, it's not really zombies at all.

The Bioware mystery game is Command & Conquer....pass, just like the rest of the series.

ME3 looks great, unsurprisingly; but nothing particularly new in the trailer. Just the usual Big Ass Boss Battle --- those usually bore me to tears. At least this one had a kaiju kinda element going for it.

Never played Alan Wake, but the new installment might get me interested.

Never played Bioshock, either. Infinite doesn't make me want to change that anytime soon.

Spider-Man: robots. 'Nuff said. For the love of all that is holy, take this dead franchise away from Acti.

Arkham World: what's that about? If it involves expanding Bats into the larger DC Universe, I'm all for it. If it's just another take on Batman vs. His Entire Rogues' Gallery, I've gotta say that sounds disappointing, too. Arkham City probably did that better already, so why bother trying?

Fortnite: looks like a 3D tower defense versus zombies and impish little demon thingies, with cartoony graphics. I'm thinking it looks a LOT like Team Fortress 2. Like, plagiaristic and stuff.

Anyho, congrats to Skyrim fans. I'm not into swords & sorcery fantasy anymore, so it's not my cup of tea, but I understand the hype.

Meanwhile, I'm back to Forza and Assassin's Creed and DCU Online. Waiting for next year's VGAs. :)

I don't get what's so flipping amazing about MGS Rising...I mean, it doesn't look bad...

But people hate other games that feel similar to that but because its Metal Gear people go crazy. And that trailer went overload with the title and the REVENGEANCE nonsense.

The game looks good, but on all forums, I've seen a ****ton of criticism and then MG:R comes on and everyone goes OMFG THIS LOOKS SO GOSH TARN AMAZING!

Depends on your tastes. Nothing got me hyped. I'm vaguely interested in MGR. 50/50.

The idea of slicing people as if they were fruit sounds fun, but it seems like it'd get boring after awhile. I'm not a huge MGS fan, but I'm sure they're less than thrilled with something that bucks the trend so much.

The Last of Us was probably the "biggest" announcement. It's a new IP from Naughty Dog.

Why can't they work on Jak 4 :csad:

I don't get what's so flipping amazing about MGS Rising...I mean, it doesn't look bad...

But people hate other games that feel similar to that but because its Metal Gear people go crazy. And that trailer went overload with the title and the REVENGEANCE nonsense.

The game looks good, but on all forums, I've seen a ****ton of criticism and then MG:R comes on and everyone goes OMFG THIS LOOKS SO GOSH TARN AMAZING!

Name the games its similar to and that people apparently hate?

It looks like Bayonetta, Vanquish, and DMC 1,3 & 4 set in the MG world. All of the games I mentioned I've loved and for the most part others have loved it to?

So I ask again what are the games MGSR:R is similar to but people have apparently hated?

Because it is Metal Gear. Which is better than like, everything else.

Wow, I seriously didn't mean that in the bold. What I meant is that it doesn't look like anything new besides slicing and dicing an enemy into a thousand pieces, literally.

It reminds me a lot of God of War with the big events...Bayonetta with the combat. It just doesn't look like anything new to me that's all.

EDIT:But now I'm being very ignorant because I'm looking forward to Rainbow 6, Hitman, Mass Effect, etc. By the way...that doesn't look like a Metal Gear game to me lol. But I guess that's a better thing huh?

I still don't get how Skyrim could be nominated (and win) overall Game of the Year yet not even be nominated for Best Game of any of the platforms it's on, especially PC.

I still don't get how Skyrim could be nominated (and win) overall Game of the Year yet not even be nominated for Best Game of any of the platforms it's on, especially PC.

Its the Spike game awards. What is there to not understand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"