2012/2013 NHL Thread: Freeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coyotes' situation is in the news... again...

Shall we commence the "where will they end up" game?

The Coyotes' situation is in the news... again...

Shall we commence the "where will they end up" game?

Doubt that Bettman will "allow" an existing franchise to relocate to Canada (ie Quebec City). In order of likelihood, I would guess the following:

1. Kansas City
2. Las Vegas
3. Houston

As for the Pacific Northwest, I get the feeling that Bettman is about as hot on Seattle or Portland as he is on Canada. Bettman will move heaven and earth to prove that his "hot weather strategy" isn't a total misplay, being the petty, malicious and cowardly POS that he is.

Bettman blows every blood vessel in his brain to keep the Coyotes alive, but didn't even blink when it came to moving the Thrashers. Someone explain that one.

Bettman blows every blood vessel in his brain to keep the Coyotes alive, but didn't even blink when it came to moving the Thrashers. Someone explain that one.

I think it just came down to too much at one time. If Phoenix was doing great and didn't require league intervention, but Atlanta was still in trouble, Bettman would bust the same nut to keep Atlanta where it was. But with the NHL already keeping Phoenix on life support, having two "southern strategy" teams requiring that much intervention would make Bettman look like even more of a clown, so he took the least painful route.

So it looks like Vancouver and New York are going to be trading coaches.

Good lord, Torts is going to be a terror in Vancouver. Maybe he's the buttkicker the team needs, but I'm having flashbacks of Mike Keenan's disastrous reign.

The girlie players on the Canucks' roster will not let Torts boss them around...

This has "Fail" written all over it... :up:

:lmao:

NHL owns the Yotes and their arena wants them to stay in Glendale. They didn't own the Thrashers, and ASG didn't want them playing in their arena after they sold them off.

The girlie players on the Canucks' roster will not let Torts boss them around...

This has "Fail" written all over it... :up:

:lmao:

On the plus side, if Torts and Gillis get on the same page, at worst it will result in a major, dramatic restructuring. It will be painful but maybe necessary: I can see the Sedins being unloaded (to different teams!), Kesler and Burrows gone, Luongo or Schneider gone, Ballard gone, maybe even Edler gone.

If the Sundins get separated, they'll go play in Sweden or the KHL...

:dry:

Christ... I hate to say this... but Boston looks pretty tough...

They`re lucky they got by Toronto, who was, in MY opinion, the better team in that series.

Christ... I hate to say this... but Boston looks pretty tough...

They`re lucky they got by Toronto, who was, in MY opinion, the better team in that series.

If the Leafs had been the better team, they would have won. :oldrazz:

Despite where I live, I am not a Toronto fan, but that team is going to be pretty damn good over the next few seasons. Teams are not going to be looking forward to playing in Toronto the way they used to.

Clearly, they were the better team... if you take away the Game 1 & Game 3 losses, which could have been chalked up to nerves (first playoff game in 9 years and first home playoff game in 9 years), they showed some grit in Game 2, and were ALL OVER Boston during the 3rd & OT in Game 4... on Rask kept them alive... they went on to play some tough hockey and won games 5 & 6 and were 10 minutes away from winning the series...

This is where the inexperience killed them... with 10 minutes to play, they started thinking they had already won the game and let up... and that kicked them in the pants.

So Boston was the better team for 2 games & 10 minutes.
Toronto was the better team all the other times.

:yay:

If Chicago wins tomorrow's game, they will win the series. After a shoot-em-up game, Boston needs to bounce back and tighten up, and if they can't, then Chicago has their number.

I've a hunch Chicago will win tonight... then it'll probably be an OT game in Boston... which I think Boston will win... and then Chicago takes it in 7...

... or they take it in 6 if they win the OT game in Boston.

I've a hunch Chicago will win tonight... then it'll probably be an OT game in Boston... which I think Boston will win... and then Chicago takes it in 7...

... or they take it in 6 if they win the OT game in Boston.

I'm with you on this...the win in the last game was crucial for Chicago. If they are able to score 3-4 goals. They win the series

Been a fantastic one.

Wow..the rangers hire one ahole after another. ..alain vigneault

And apparently Vancouver got New york's too.

Well, next year won't be boring as a Canucks fan, I'll say that much. On the bright side, if the Canucks as a team are truly broken, then Torts will take them there a lot faster than any other coach in the league. If the team can't be salvaged, then we'll know almost right away.

Question for all you hockey fans since I am not really into it, my mother was a big bruins fan growing up. My question is this. She says no one today compares to Bobby Orr. So what would happen if he played today? He got the time to watch today's game and a bit of time to get into today's equipment, would he still dominate? Or was his greatness simply circumstantial cause he was ahead of his time?

Before Bobby Orr, defensemen would stay behind by the centre line and just prevent forwards from getting into the zone... he was the FIRST D-Man to rush into the zone and he really revolutionized the position...

Would he be just as great today? probably not... but without Orr's influence, there wouldn't be the great defensive players that we have today...

I think Bobby Orr would just be as good today. I don't think I could say the same thing with confidence about Gretzky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"