2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Manager

Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]397305[/split]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Eagles running game is on fire against the Saints crappy D, however. Without that pick the Eagles could be dominating this game.

Ok...so the Saints running game is taking it up a notch too.

This is starting to become unwatchable. All of the MNF games this year, have been pretty bad.

Well... **** this. I'm off to the Halo 4 launch party. I'm positive I'll be more entertained while waiting in line with tons of geeks for my copy of Halo than watching another Philly cluster****.

Here's to a long night of Halo multiplayer tournaments and Mountain Dew at some random convention center.

The Michael Vick/Andy Reid Farewell Tour continues on in New Orleans - next stop Washington.

Well, the Eagles turned that around a bit following the Saints turnover into a freakin' quick TD. At least it's gotten a bit more entertaining.

It seems the Eagles don't know how to count.

You know, I'm glad that the NFC East is having so many problems this year, especially the Clownboys and the Eagles. For so many years, we heard over and over how that division was the toughest in football and stacked with so much talent, on those two teams in particular. And yet all they've managed to do in recent years is either choke epically in the playoffs or (better yet) implode halfway through the regular season and not even make the post-season.

I still laugh how when I think about how the sports media was crowning Philly with a Super Bowl win two summers ago when they acquired all of those big names free agents and good old Vince Young proclaimed them to be the "Dream Team." Little did we know he was actually likening them to the group of escaped mental patients from that classic Michael Keaton movie.

So who gets Reid next year as head coach?

What happend with that lateral play? I was posting on here and listening to the highlights and didn't really catch what happend. Was it called back?

Yep, it was a forward pass.

You know, I'm glad that the NFC East is having so many problems this year, especially the Clownboys and the Eagles. For so many years, we heard over and over how that division was the toughest in football and stacked with so much talent, on those two teams in particular. And yet all they've managed to do in recent years is either choke epically in the playoffs or (better yet) implode halfway through the regular season and not even make the post-season.

I still laugh how when I think about how the sports media was crowning Philly with a Super Bowl win two summers ago when they acquired all of those big names free agents and good old Vince Young proclaimed them to be the "Dream Team." Little did we know he was actually likening them to the group of escaped mental patients from that classic Michael Keaton movie.

It's the same with Philly, after they got both Holliday and Lee and the media was crowning them the World Series champs. Of course, they haven't won any since.

I'd gladly take him (as a Browns fan). Took the Eagles to the Super Bowl and to playoffs in all but 2 (and what will be, 3 seasons) in his tenure. I'd take a tenure like that over what we have now.

Yeah when they flashed his stats tonight I thought, really? This guy is on the hot seat and given an ultimatum by the owner? Why? 3 Bad seasons? All very far apart from each other, jeez tough crowd in Philly.

If any coach needs to take a year off between jobs, it's Andy Reid with all the family issues and all.

Yeah when they flashed his stats tonight I thought, really? This guy is on the hot seat and given an ultimatum by the owner? Why? 3 Bad seasons? All very far apart from each other, jeez tough crowd in Philly.
Many Reid supporters for the past few years have given the whole Cowher excuse and the amount of time it's took him to win a Super Bowl. Both coaches have even made it to the playoffs almost the same amount of time.

Now that Reid is in his 14th year as Coach, and at 3-5, it's looking less likely that they can contend this year. How much more time should they give him? I said previously that Reid has hopped on the Vick train and I feel that his tenure will be dependent on where Vick goes.

Even if you want to blame the abysmal OL, Reid seems to want to go more for the big plays.

While I don't think any new coach, can turn the Eagles around within the 1st year or so, it will at least start the a new tenure for them. It just seems that the Eagles needs to go in a new direction.

Someone give me ideas for a new subtitle.

Many Reid supporters for the past few years have given the whole Cowher excuse and the amount of time it's took him to win a Super Bowl. Both coaches have even made it to the playoffs almost the same amount of time.

Now that Reid is in his 14th year as Coach, and at 3-5, it's looking less likely that they can contend this year. How much more time should they give him? I said previously that Reid has hopped on the Vick train and I feel that his tenure will be dependent on where Vick goes.

Even if you want to blame the abysmal OL, Reid seems to want to go more for the big plays.

While I don't think any new coach, can turn the Eagles around within the 1st year or so, it will at least start the a new tenure for them. It just seems that the Eagles needs to go in a new direction.

The Cowher argument doesn't hold water, IMO. There are two things one must consider in regard to Cowher/Reid comparison....

1) Cowher never had a franchise quarterback until the final three years of his career. Yet his teams were consistently competitive, with 10 playoff appearances in 15 years, 6 of those times he led the Steelers to the AFC Championship. Two of those times he led them to the Super Bowl and of course he won the Super Bowl in 2005. And he did it largely without a franchise quarterback. Keep in mind, this was a time when the quarterback's role was becoming larger and larger and more and more important. Cowher did it without one. Andy Reid on the other hand had Donovan McNabb, one of the better quarterbacks of his generation and now Michael Vick and still can't get it done.

2) Cowher's teams have never under performed as much as this current Eagles squad. Cowher has had his off years, but those were heavily rebuilding years. He never allowed Super Bowl contenders to perform this badly. The current Eagles really are a dream team. With the talent level where it is at, there is no reason that they shouldn't be performing. They lose games due to mistakes, poor game planning and lack of discipline. All of which falls on the head coach. Andy Reid is squandering a Super Bowl squad. Bill Cowher never did that and THAT is why Andy Reid ought to be fired.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in San Diego but he ought to take a year off.

Plus, giving Reid the San Diego job shows that Alex Spanos has no clue what is wrong in San Diego. San Diego suffers from many of the same problems as the Eagles. Lack of discipline and poor game management causing an otherwise talented team to under perform. Putting Reid in there doesn't solve any of the problems. Phillip Rivers doesn't need a friend, he needs a coach.

Some of you may say that I emphasize the point of a "player's coach," hurting a team too much....but look at the difference in Tampa Bay this year compare to last. Granted, they aren't great, but they are improving and living up to their talent (all of their losses have been by 10 points or less) and a big part of that is that rather than having Raheem Morris, who was the players' buddy, they have a coach who will get up in their faces and call them on their ****. The difference is showing. San Diego needs someone like that (as does Philly).

Reid, on the other hand, needs a team like the Seahawks (obviously that will not be an option, just a name I'm throwing out there). A team where discipline is not the problem as much as the need to have a coach who can motivate and inspire the players. Honestly, I don't think that there is a great fit for Reid right now....maybe KC? After all, discipline isn't the problem in KC, the problem is the team is a total mess. :funny:

I think that Reid should take a year off and see what the market looks like next year. Plus, like Jeff Fisher and Mike Shanahan before him, taking a year off will cause people to forget about his past two seasons and buildup some hype for his return, which will allow him to basically pick his team and his GM.

I've never subscribed to the whole:

Reid defense in comparison to how long it took Cowher to win.
Matt Ryan defense in comparison to how long it took Peyton to win in the playoffs.
Sanchez defense in comparison to Eli's first 3-4. years.

Each coach/player are in the own unique situation with their own attributes/abilities/obstacles.

So at what time today will reid be let go? or better yet who gets the axe first before the end of the season, norv or reid? I wouldnt be surprised if reid went somewhere to be an Offensive coordinator for a year or 2 then got back into the head coach saddle.

Neither will get the mid-season firing. If it were to happen, it would've been done on the bye week, I think. I'd say if anyone is going to get a mid-season pink slip it is Jason Garrett in order to give Rob Ryan an audition.

I don't see Reid being a coordinator either. Turner, definitely, but not Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"