2012 NFL Thread: With more of Matt Moore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Leinart gets cut again. What a f'n bust. :o

Im not surprised, hes just a bust plain and simple. Cortland finnegan needs to go to jail for robbing the rams like that.

I will be surprised if Roger does not come down hard on Brandon Marshall. Because apparently he punched & gave a woman in a club a black eye. I imagine that he will get a decent suspension for this

Last edited:
Some of these teams so far involved in free agnecy are just spending rediculous money. I never would have thought some of these guys would get the money they have. Vjax will be a bust in Tampa but atleast he wont have to pay income tax and gets a nice tan all year. I wonder what Sand Diego will do now with no number 1 reciever outside of gates. Payton Manning is screwing teams over by playing this waiting game without doing a single workout and if any team signs him to a big deal without seeing him in a workout are just stupid.

Jay Glazer is reporting that the Bears have traded two 3rd round picks to the Dolphins for Brandon Marshall.

Cutler and Marshall back together. Great deal.

LOL Bears - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...oman-outside-club-?module=HP11_headline_stack

at least you can still laugh at the Vikings.

Some rats are content to go down with the burning ship I guess.

I disagree. Garcon will be a great target for RGIII. A good WR is necessary for a rookie QB, just look at Gabbert compared to Dalton and Newton.

Skins horribly overpaid for Garcon, who's a byproduct of Peyton Manning. Not exactly going to be a safety blanket for Andre Ware 2.0 err RG3

Jason Campbell is a Chicago Bear now. .

lulz

I think the bucs overpaid for Vjax and the redskins overpaid for everyone so far.

this may be the understatement of the decade

Payton Manning is screwing teams over by playing this waiting game without doing a single workout and if any team signs him to a big deal without seeing him in a workout are just stupid.

whomever he signs with *cough*Arizona*cough* will likely have a ton of clauses in that contract to protect themselves provided he's unable to play again.

this may be the understatement of the decade

He was a product of norv's system, he will at most have 5-6 TD's and 900 yards. He can thank Rivers and turner for his big pay day. He will get lazy and I garuntee he will flop there in tampa. We see this all the time with WR's who act like divas and think there better then they are. I dont want a guy who thinks he's bigger then the team. Vjax will regret his decision once the bucs dont make the playoffs and finish last in the division 2-3 years in a row and he'll demand a trade of some kind. I hope Im wrong but were talking about a young bucs team who have alot of cancerous players and now they bring in a guy who Im not sure I would want mentoring my young WR corps. Garcon and Vjax were products of there current systems and will go to be non factors on there current teams.

Garcon did pretty good last season even without Manning. I would say the Redskins overpaid Josh Morgan. Although he's young and fast, he wasn't very productive last season. But I guess Shanahan sees something in him that he really likes, whether it's his route-running, hands, physicality, or something else.

At least RGIII will have some weapons to work with (Garcon, Morgan, Davis, Hankerson, etc). Now they need a RT and a G to help the offensive line. As for defense, I really hope Fletcher is back. I would also love if Landry came back, too. They'll need to address the ILB, S, and perhaps CB.

Last edited:
Are we still allowed to make fun of Ted Ginn Jr?

What am I thinking? Of course we are.

Well he lost the game for the Niners. If he and his family didn't get injured that one dude returning punts and kickoffs would have not been and he wouldn't have fumbled. So Ted Ginn Jr is at fault for losing the NFC for the Niners.

I will be surprised if Roger does not come down hard on Brandon Marshall. Because apparently he punched & gave a woman in a club a black eye. I imagine that he will get a decent suspension for this

That would at least partly explain the low selling price. Even with a suspension, still a good deal for the Bears.

There are conflicting accounts of the incident, but given Marshall's history, it's tough to not believe he was involved in some way.

Now on to WR's who dont punch women in the face.

Megatron will be a Lion for life

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/03/detroit_lions_will_hold_calvin.html

The Detroit Lions will hold a press conference today at 1 p.m. to announce Calvin Johnson's new deal.
As first reported on MLive.com this morning, Johnson is expected to sign a seven-year deal. According to several sources, Johnson will earn $132 million with $60 million guaranteed.
calvin-johnson-catch-against-the-cowboys.jpg

Fear it.

Of course ESPN and Schefter are trying to take credit for the scoop

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7685419/calvin-johnson-signs-7-year-extension-detroit-lions

:rolleyes:

even though this was reported on Mlive some 40 minutes prior

Last edited:
Wow. Just wow. Guy is totally worth it though. Glad to see Detroit understands that he IS their offense and paid him.

Peyton was never going to Miami.

Jeff Ireland and Ross rules all.

Browns and Dolphins players on Flynn
Should be interesting

Oh yeah Mario Williams finalizing deal with Bills...Along with Robert Meachem...Damn

Potentially very bad news for Jets RT @ProFootballTalk Bills "fully expect" to sign Mario Williams, Robert Meachem http://wp.me/p14QSB-1C3u #nyj

Meachem signs with San Diego.

Great signing by Detroit. Now with Megatron and their young offense in place, I can see Lions being a contender for years, although I'm not sure they are good enough to overtake Packers in their division yet.

As for the Bears, I found it odd that they would sign Marshall even though they already found out the bar room incident before they gave up two 3rd rounder for him. I think Goodell will definitely hit him with some major suspension if the allegation is true.

Ton of guaranteed money, but a good deal for Detroit. The Lions had to lock him up. They finally have something good going, time to sign them and lock 'em up.

So here are players the Bengals are targeting their first week of FA:

Terence Newman - CB - Dallas
Aaron Ross - CB - New York (Giants)
Kendall Langford - DT / DE - Miami
Kellen Davis - TE - Chicago
Jacob Bell - OG - St. Louis

I honestly want to cry.

So here are players the Bengals are targeting their first week of FA:

Terence Newman - CB - Dallas
Aaron Ross - CB - New York (Giants)
Kendall Langford - DT / DE - Miami
Kellen Davis - TE - Chicago
Jacob Bell - OG - St. Louis

I honestly want to cry.

Ah, Mike Brown. The guy who believes that having exactly two good players on your team is enough to win a championship (and if it isn't, meh, who cares?).

Nicks and Grubbs were available this Free Agency, and they go after Jacob Bell - a "Guard" ranked worse than the ****head they had last year (Nate Livings).

Isn't Jacob Bell a white offensive lineman with dreadlocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"