2011 NFL Thread: The Lazarus Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Brown is a moron.
I don' t get this.

So in terms of the lockout you view it as players squabbling for an extra share of millions... like the amount that they earn means they shouldn't be able to fight for what they're really worth...

But when an owner tries to force a player to abide by his contract, which he shouldn't HAVE to do in the first place, people turn on the owner...

I don' t get this.

So in terms of the lockout you view it as players squabbling for an extra share of millions... like the amount that they earn means they shouldn't be able to fight for what they're really worth...

But when an owner tries to force a player to abide by his contract, which he shouldn't HAVE to do in the first place, people turn on the owner...

Why should a NFL owner preaches about a player's committment to abide by his contract, when he cuts players who have contracts with his team out of the organization all the time? That's hypocrisy.

Because there are legal measures in place which allow for such cuts to be made within NFL contracts. The NFL isn't the NBA where a contract is a contract and set in stone, where the only way of cutting the player loose is to pay him out.

Which is just one more thing which those squabbling millionaires should/would likely be arguing about...

I don' t get this.

Anything that I could say has already been said by Raiden. I will add that Mike Brown's idiocy goes well beyond the Palmer situation and I've been witness to it for years.

And yes, the lockout was nothing more than millionaires and billionaires arguing over profits. They ALMOST had to eat cheaper caviar.

Because there are legal measures in place which allow for such cuts to be made within NFL contracts. The NFL isn't the NBA where a contract is a contract and set in stone, where the only way of cutting the player loose is to pay him out.

Which is just one more thing which those squabbling millionaires should/would likely be arguing about...

this

Oh, I can understand actual Bengals fans (which it's possible you are one, I suppose, but I'm assuming you're not) being pissed, because this game of chicken has hurt his own team.

But in terms of Mike Brown/Carson Palmer, I just think it's surprising the amount of heat Brown's taken compared with Palmer.

And yes, Brown's no genius by any stretch.

So Washington will start John Beck?

Where does that leave Rex Grossman and his 4 interceptions, 3 fumbles, 5 sacks allowed and 0 touchdowns per game?

And yes, the lockout was nothing more than millionaires and billionaires arguing over profits. They ALMOST had to eat cheaper caviar.
Missd this bit at first...

How much they make is irrelevant. Collective bargaining is about ensuring they get paid what they're worth and shouldn't be limited to what we view as being a workman-like wage.

Missd this bit at first...

How much they make is irrelevant. Collective bargaining is about ensuring they get paid what they're worth and shouldn't be limited to what we view as being a workman-like wage.

they should work for dirt and like it :argh:

I wanted McNabb in Minnesota like 3 years ago when they went and got Favre instead. He is a perfect fit and I hope he is still able to play well. I was just hoping they'd throw Christian Ponder out on the field have him learn the pros the hard way.

Oh, I can understand actual Bengals fans (which it's possible you are one, I suppose, but I'm assuming you're not) being pissed, because this game of chicken has hurt his own team.

But in terms of Mike Brown/Carson Palmer, I just think it's surprising the amount of heat Brown's taken compared with Palmer.

And yes, Brown's no genius by any stretch.
Yes, Palmer threatening to retire if not traded was a dick move on his part, and I was plenty pissed at him when that got out. But what can I do? He's just a player - one who's been on the decline for years now. It was clear he didn't want to be here anymore. Even if he had come back this season, somehow I doubt there was much reason for optimism with him under center.

Mike Brown is the owner. He has the capacity to improve this team. He could have made the most of this situation by getting some value out of Palmer with a trade. Instead, we get nothing. The people of Hamilton County didn't pay millions of dollars in taxes for Mike Brown to act on his principles and values. We paid millions of dollars for a winning football team. Letting Palmer retire does nothing to move us in that direction.

So between the two, yeah, I'm throwing Brown under the bus.

And I say this as a Cincinnati resident and Bengals fan.

Last edited:

If Palmer were playing for a first-rate organization like the Patriots (I hate them but I do give them props), then he'd have no good reason for his demands for a trade. But under Mike Brown the Bengals have been under the caps and Brown is not interested in improving his team like other owners who demands to win do, and he is fed up with his current situation and wanted to be traded. Yes, it's probably a dick move on his part, but if you were Palmer who wanted to win, you'd be looking for a way out as well.

Mike Brown could've trade him to get something for him, but because he harbors a grudge he'd rather have Palmer be retired than doing anything to improve his team. And even though there's some guidelines on cutting a player, the fact of the matter is that owners would get rid of players even if they are under contract if they are no longer useful to them, so all his talks about Palmer's "committment" to the team is very hypocritical.

I wanted McNabb in Minnesota like 3 years ago when they went and got Favre instead. He is a perfect fit and I hope he is still able to play well. I was just hoping they'd throw Christian Ponder out on the field have him learn the pros the hard way.

I wished he would have went to Chicago three years ago when he had the chance

Good morning kids...

Big news happening today...AFC East responds to the Jets resigning

Patriots traded for Albert Haynesworthless...5th round pick in 2013
Dolphins traded for Reggie Bush

Heinousworth on the Pats is amusing. I wonder if they'll be able to get any production out of his fat, lazy ass. I'm guessing he'll at least try there, since they've consistently been a good franchise (unlike Washington over the past decade) but he's older now and after a few years of shrugging of practice (and games) to go scarf down Quizno's Tuna Melts with extra bacon and lard sauce, I'm not sure he has much left in him. Other than food.

Yes, Palmer threatening to retire if not traded was a dick move on his part, and I was plenty pissed at him when that got out. But what can I do? He's just a player - one who's been on the decline for years now. It was clear he didn't want to be here anymore. Even if he had come back this season, somehow I doubt there was much reason for optimism with him under center.

Mike Brown is the owner. He has the capacity to improve this team. He could have made the most of this situation by getting some value out of Palmer with a trade. Instead, we get nothing. The people of Hamilton County didn't pay millions of dollars in taxes for Mike Brown to act on his principles and values. We paid millions of dollars for a winning football team. Letting Palmer retire does nothing to move us in that direction.

So between the two, yeah, I'm throwing Brown under the bus.

And I say this as a Cincinnati resident and Bengals fan.
This point of view I can understand perfectly.

If Palmer were playing for a first-rate organization like the Patriots (I hate them but I do give them props), then he'd have no good reason for his demands for a trade. But under Mike Brown the Bengals have been under the caps and Brown is not interested in improving his team like other owners who demands to win do, and he is fed up with his current situation and wanted to be traded. Yes, it's probably a dick move on his part, but if you were Palmer who wanted to win, you'd be looking for a way out as well.

Mike Brown could've trade him to get something for him, but because he harbors a grudge he'd rather have Palmer be retired than doing anything to improve his team. And even though there's some guidelines on cutting a player, the fact of the matter is that owners would get rid of players even if they are under contract if they are no longer useful to them, so all his talks about Palmer's "committment" to the team is very hypocritical.
So because Palmer plays for the Bengals he has good reason to demand a trade?

A big part of their underachievement falls on him. He had T.O and Ocho out there and ONE of 'em's seeing single coverage and burning them most of the time. The number of times I've seen him have one of those two open and either not see them or hang onto the ball too long until they're not open anymore has been ridiculous. If almer wants to win he could try sucking it up and playing better because a hell of a ot has fallen onto him.

He's lucky T.O and Ocho are... well... T.O. and Ocho so there's not too many people crying tears for them, or, pointing fingers at Palmer.

I don't think "a grudge" has anything to do with it... I think he's played it the way he has for two reasons 1) His own ethics and 2) if you start letting a***holes dictate, then you're in for mor of the same and he'd wind up with a negative lockerroom atmosphere which would take years to overcome (yes, even worse than what they've already had) or a mass exodus.

Eh. He's a good player but I think a lot of people are coming down from the overhyped expectations that seemed to have for him for the past few years.

So Bush to Miami? Good/Bad?

Its a good move...Im a jets fan too

He will do well there, but I still dont think that team will perform up to the Patriots and Jets. They lack a QB and Sparano is out of his mind, wildcat style.

I have noticed over the years that when players get traded like this. They either use that rejection to make the team that traded regret their decision, or they end up like Vince Young.

I have nastalgic love for the Dolphins. I was always a Marino fan, so I am hoping Bush brings some respect to Miami. God know Miami needs it.

Maybe they can talk Cower into coming south next. That would be cool. I wanna see ole Steel Jaws back in the mix.

All this talk over whether Carson Palmer or Mike Brown is a bigger *****e is moot. We know the real reason all of this happened.

It's Jordan's time to step up. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"