2011 NFL Thread: The Lazarus Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
RichCimini Rich Cimini
#Jets were close with Santonio Holmes late last night, wrapped things up this morning. 5-yr deal, with approx $24 gtd, source says.

Sweetness

Nnamdi to the Jets doesnt happen unless they get both Sanchez and Revis to restructure, and they cut about 3 players making decent $. And that's not even taking into account resigning Holmes. Sorry, I think this is more NY media hype.

The outcome of that should be interesting & I would think Eli Manning would also need to restructure

Last edited:
Nice that the lockout was resolved prior to this thread ticking over and being closed up by Thread Manager...

@RobertMathis98 ROBERT MATHIS
ohhhhhh my DAMN... i just seen the jets trying to sign Nhamdi Asomgha! Now that would be flat out #CHEATIN !!!!!!!!!!

If what's his face did not come back last year, Donovan McNabb would have been in Minnesota and I don't think McNabb would have struggled so badly last year.

Instead "What's His Name" decided to come back after considerign retiring again for the millionth time. I just hope he doesn't come back. He's ruining his legacy and credibility by doing this "I'm going to retire.....wait, I'm coming back, no wait, I'm retiring again.....on Second Thought I am coming back" nonsense.

"What's his name" would have retained some credibility had he said every year for the last few years "I have not decided if I will come back."

So Bengals' owner Mike Brown said they won't trade Carson Palmer because he has a committment & a contract with them, and instead of getting a quality player or two in return for trading Palmer they'll just let him retire? C'mon, NFL teams cut players who have contracts with them ALL THE TIME, so why is it that when a player wants to get out of his contract, his team won't let him? And does anyone remember when Eli Manning refused to play for the SD Chargers, and forced the team to trade him to NY Giants? Mike Brown could've made his team more competitive by trading Palmer, and this is just a childish display of holding a grunt.

So Bengals' owner Mike Brown said they won't trade Carson Palmer because he has a committment & a contract with them, and instead of getting a quality player or two in return for trading Palmer they'll just let him retire? C'mon, NFL teams cut players who have contracts with them ALL THE TIME, so why is it that when a player wants to get out of his contract, his team won't let him? And does anyone remember when Eli Manning refused to play for the SD Chargers, and forced the team to trade him to NY Giants? Mike Brown could've made his team more competitive by trading Palmer, and this is just a childish display of holding a grunt.

Mike Brown is a moron.

When the Bengals start sucking the blame goes to Mike Brown

Rich Eisen
@JasonLaCanfora: People I'm talking to believe Kolb to Cards cud be done within 48hrs. And I hear Orton to MIA very real possibility too

Nhamdi Asomgha
stay home in the "yay area"..we need u

Stay in the Bay Area....

The Chesapeake Bay area. :o

Falcons should try to snap him up. Need some quality on defense, secondary in particular.

SO happy that my Titans have agreed to terms with Matt Hasselbeck. He is going to be a fantastic mentor for Jake Locker. Good times are coming for the Titans, maybe not this year, but soon. Now all they really need to do is lock down a contract for CJ, and they could be dangerous offensively.

Kolb for Rogers-Cromartie and a Draft Pick, Shefter is tweeting.

Apparently, Leinart won't sign with Seattle and will continue to bang Houston and Rice co-eds.

michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
I keep hearing from well placed relible NFL sources that this Jet talk and Nmandi Asomugha is serious and I mean serious.

Adam Schefter on ESPN Radio just stated he expects Holmes to remain a Jet and could agree to a deal today. Also stated that his two favorites to land Asomugha are the Texans and the NY Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ate-jets-interest-is-serious-bucs-may-be-out/

I still think Ravens are the real players.

I'll believe it when I see it. The fact that they just completely overpaid Holmes makes it even less likely now. They're only $1 million under the cap with a lot of holes left to fill and all of their rookies to sign.

I think a lot of this is Nnamdi's agent trying to jack up the price on other suitors.

The outcome of that should be interesting & I would think Eli Manning would also need to restructure

I didnt realize the Giants shared a salary cap with the Jets in addition to a stadium? :confused:

I meant wouldn't the Giants possibly end up in the same situation :o

why would they? They aren't almost cap maxed like the Jets. And I doubt they're going to try to sign an $11 million per year player either.

If Arizona signs Kolb, I think Seattle made the best QB signing of the off season.

why would they? They aren't almost cap maxed like the Jets. And I doubt they're going to try to sign an $11 million per year player either.

The Jets can find about probably about 12-13 mil in cap room from Nnamdi if they want to.

They just can't find 18 mil for him.

I hope Carolina goes 0-16....how dare you beeps cut Matt Moore. Jimmy & Cam suck. God...first time I honestly hope the Panthers lose.

Well maybe they cut Moore because he wasn't very good. :huh:

Funny, I thought Matt Moore had a chance last season. But seems like he suffered from the curse of playing well down the stretch.

Cincy will replace Carson Palmer with Bruce Gradkowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"