• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

2013/2014 NFL Thread: Where Hawks Fly - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
California doesn't have the dough to shell out for a new stadium. But, that probably won't stop em from doing it.

Anyhow, while I think San Antone would embrace an NFL team, the league will probably throw their "need new stadium" BS, instead of using the perfectly functioning Alamodome.

Here's my question regarding teams that relocate...where do the fans come from? Anyone who likes football, typically has a favorite pro team. Let's say you're living in San Antonio, and your team has been say, the Cowboys. So now San Antonio has been granted a team. Do you suddenly drop your fandom of the Boys, throw out all your Dallas apparel?

California doesn't have the dough to shell out for a new stadium. But, that probably won't stop em from doing it.

Anyhow, while I think San Antone would embrace an NFL team, the league will probably throw their "need new stadium" BS, instead of using the perfectly functioning Alamodome.

Here's my question regarding teams that relocate...where do the fans come from? Anyone who likes football, typically has a favorite pro team. Let's say you're living in San Antonio, and your team has been say, the Cowboys. So now San Antonio has been granted a team. Do you suddenly drop your fandom of the Boys, throw out all your Dallas apparel?

San Antonians are mostly cowboys fans because they are considered to be in the cowboys market because that's the team considered the be the market. I think most San Antonians would easily embrace the Raiders, however the point is moot cause the move won't happen for a variety of reasons

Good question. I think most of the time some fans of the original team will follow along, while some casual fans from said city who are just fans of the NFL will jump aboard. Then of course you have bandwagon fans.

Back in the early 90's, I was just a kid who liked to watch football. Then in 95, the Panthers came along and I became a fan.

I think with new franchises who never previously had a team, just have to build a fan base over time.

With the NFL it's easier for the fans to move along since the games are so accessible in this day and age. Even if the move does happen, it will be pretty difficult to build an entirely new fanbase when you have one of the biggest and loyalist one already.

flbothxguhogep3piv7o_zpsa4433ec7.jpg

Jaguaring 2014

Although every situation is different I can answer this question by what I saw here in St. Louis.

When we last the football Cardinals back in the late '80s, some fans continued to follow them from afar. Most, however, were too ticked off at Bill Bidwell, and became fans of other teams. In my case, I started following the Chiefs.

After a few years, of course, the Rams moved here from LA and almost everyone immediately started following them, including myself.

Still, we do have some holdovers. Some fans still follow the team they picked up when the Cardinals left. For example, my brother is still a Packers' fan. Also, believe it or not, when the Cardinals play the Rams here in St. Louis, there will still be large spots of red in the crowd (more than just the people who came from Arizona).

By the way, if the Rams move, which may be a possibility, I'm not sure what I would do. I hope I don't have to make that decision...

Ray Rice 2 Games?!? The Hammer has gotten soft.

Hall of Fame Introductions Saturday evening.

Bills vs Giants in the Hall of Game Sunday evening.

The more injuries the better for my Rams.

If that helps you sleep at night...... :o

I'll only say this. I don't wish injuries on even my most hated team or players, even if it gives my team a leg up or increases my chances of winning games, championships, etc. To cheer for something like that or wish it upon someone is horrible. :down

I'll only say this. I don't wish injuries on even my most hated team or players, even if it gives my team a leg up or increases my chances of winning games, championships, etc. To cheer for something like that or wish it upon someone is horrible. :down

Not only is it morally reprehensible, it gives your opponent and their fans the instant excuse of "the outcome would have been different had we had this guy(s) playing".

As much as I've come to loath The Niners, I agree. That's New Orleans type of low. I refuse to be like their fanbase who cheered when Cam and Harvin went down with injuries.

Plus, Carolina is a team that has suffered through the injury bug everytime we've assembled a great team (big reason why we've never had back-to-back winning seasons). We got extremely lucky last season but I fear our good fortune has slipped away with some of our guys dropping like flies this off-season.

We'll see.

Yes we will, I enjoy Ramsv49ers.

Awesome! Another Rams' fan on here. :up::up:

Nice, you STL stock or LA.

Yeah, that's classy. :whatever:

Did I say something wrong? All I said was "the more injuries the better for my rams" I didn't say I want players to get hurt, or even mean to imply that, just that when they do it works In favor for my team who so happens to play in that same division.

Didn't try to cheer you losing a guy just kinda matter of factly pointing out that it helps my guys out. The NFC west is ****ing hard and the 49ers seems to be losing someone in camp each day, that helps the Rams. Didn't mean any offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"